Sponsored by:

Sensors: what NOT to do.......

Search this Thread

Old 08 December 2005, 08:18 PM
fujiyama
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sensors: what NOT to do.......

Well this year I've had all the crank/cam sensor problems (all solved when I replaced the sensors), so I've felt confident in replying to posts asking for advice on this subject. However, I haven't told anyone how I made myself look a total pr*t!
It was p*ssing down, I'd stopped at Tesco's to dash in and get something, and when I came out and got back in the car, the s*d wouldn't start. Well, after a couple of months with the sensor problems, I'd become very proficient at:-
1 unlatching the bonnet
2 getting out
3 opening the bonnet
4 holding the bonnet up with my left hand
5 reaching in and wiggling the sensor wires with my right hand
6 dropping the bonnet
7 getting back in the car
8 starting the engine.
It all went as usual, up 'til Stage 7. You'd think that would be the easy bit, wouldn't you, but no, I'd shut the bottom of my coat under the bonnet! P*ssing down, I couldn't get the zip all the way down, so I had to slide out of the coat through the top. OK, I go and unlatch the bonnet, and the coat falls into the puddle (not that it made much difference; I'd already, without realizing, dragged my muddy feet through the inside of it!).
I suppose that what I'm trying to say, is, "If you think you've got a faulty crank/cam sensor, don't wait, CHANGE THE F*CKER!"

Here endeth the Gospel according to Fuji
Old 08 December 2005, 08:32 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fujiyama
Well this year I've had all the crank/cam sensor problems (all solved when I replaced the sensors), so I've felt confident in replying to posts asking for advice on this subject. However, I haven't told anyone how I made myself look a total pr*t!
It was p*ssing down, I'd stopped at Tesco's to dash in and get something, and when I came out and got back in the car, the s*d wouldn't start. Well, after a couple of months with the sensor problems, I'd become very proficient at:-
1 unlatching the bonnet
2 getting out
3 opening the bonnet
4 holding the bonnet up with my left hand
5 reaching in and wiggling the sensor wires with my right hand
6 dropping the bonnet
7 getting back in the car
8 starting the engine.
It all went as usual, up 'til Stage 7. You'd think that would be the easy bit, wouldn't you, but no, I'd shut the bottom of my coat under the bonnet! P*ssing down, I couldn't get the zip all the way down, so I had to slide out of the coat through the top. OK, I go and unlatch the bonnet, and the coat falls into the puddle (not that it made much difference; I'd already, without realizing, dragged my muddy feet through the inside of it!).
I suppose that what I'm trying to say, is, "If you think you've got a faulty crank/cam sensor, don't wait, CHANGE THE F*CKER!"

Here endeth the Gospel according to Fuji

lol

i can beat that!!!!

Southern scoobys treasure hunt,.... turned up met everyone, got the clue pack jumped in and..... yup you guessed, infront of all of the other snetters there!!! (crank sensor) in the end i had to get my ten year old to run round for all the clues, as i darent stop the car in case it wouldnt start...

Mart
Old 08 December 2005, 09:15 PM
Typer Jim
Scooby Regular

Class!!!!!!!