Sponsored by:

some serious bargains

Search this Thread

Old 28 November 2005, 09:16 PM
C2forWRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some serious bargains

just been browsing at the last of the pre-registerd MY05's scoobs.

www.allapprovedcars.com if your interested.

i was astonished to find list prices as low as 22500 for a sti with 10 miles on. there is a load at 23K. this is even before enquiring and discounts.

22500 for a new sti

16995 for a new wrx

Last edited by C2forWRX; 28 November 2005 at 09:22 PM.
Old 28 November 2005, 10:39 PM
tim's wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by C2forWRX

i was astonished to find list prices as low as 22500 for a sti with 10 miles on. there is a load at 23K. this is even before enquiring and discounts.

22500 for a new sti

16995 for a new wrx
Definitely some good deals going around - have you seen latest on www.motorpoint.co.uk and www.motorhouse2000ltd.co.uk for 05 models ?

You probably know that these come to the UK from the manufacter in Japan via an official Subaru dealer in Malta or Cyprus rather than Subaru UK.

Need to allow for adding a cat 1 alarm to both models and a few other very minor things.

On the STi, you'd also need to add a tracker system - In my opinion you are best going with TRACKER. You also need to be aware if the STi s come with the factory fitted DCCD system as per UK spec.

There are some reported cases of Subaru UK not being prepared to honour the Subaru 3 yr pan European warranty given by Subara Malta and backed by the manufacturer.

I got my WRX wagon from Motorpoint in Jan 05 and have had no problems - very professional service from Motorpoint - great savings - no need for warranty work - and the car just gets better !!

Hopefully I won't need any warranty work but if my local dealer was unwilling to recharge Subaru Malta, then I would probably pay for the work myself and then send the bill to either Motorpoint or Subaru Malta, with whom I have my warranty contract.
Old 29 November 2005, 12:46 AM
C2forWRX
Scooby Regular

i dont want an import man, not when uk's are that cheap.
Old 29 November 2005, 07:57 AM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

C2forWRX ,

You're missing the point if that's the only justifcation for not buying an import - the usual Japanese import is a higher spec car. You just get more car per pound

Won't go into the exact differences, as it's been done to death on here - but have a look at litchfield's website. It shows you all the spec. Then check Subaru.co.uk

HTH

Dan
Old 29 November 2005, 01:21 PM
C2forWRX
Scooby Regular

agreed the jap specs are. the motorpoint ones are uk spec imports. that aint a JDM
Old 29 November 2005, 01:25 PM
HOWY
Scooby Regular

Yep but if you check out Alliance they are advertising MY06 for only a grand more! with a 3 year subaru warranty

22500 for a new sti

16995 for a new wrx
Old 29 November 2005, 01:37 PM
C2forWRX
Scooby Regular

but thats because they are imports. all im saying is there are masssssive discouts available for the last of the UK my05's. and from what i have heard on heard recently these "3 year warrentys" that are being offerd with imports are sometimes not being honoured
Old 29 November 2005, 03:47 PM
ProdriveSTI
Scooby Regular

Location: My Beautiful STi is now sold, tho on the look out for another MINT scoob.

. all im saying is there are masssssive discouts available for the last of the UK my05's.
What are these masssssive discounts then..... £22K for a new MY05????
Old 29 November 2005, 04:10 PM
sgcooby
Scooby Regular

I thought the cars from 'ALL APPROVED CARS' were imports anyway, so not really any savings then. I could be wrong but im sure i looked at these before. Are you definately sure they are UK cars as it doesnt state that??
Old 29 November 2005, 08:59 PM
tim's wrx
Scooby Regular

i dont want an import man, not when uk's are that cheap.
But they're all imports anyway so what the heck................
Old 30 November 2005, 12:19 AM
C2forWRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sgcooby
I thought the cars from 'ALL APPROVED CARS' were imports anyway, so not really any savings then. I could be wrong but im sure i looked at these before. Are you definately sure they are UK cars as it doesnt state that??
YES. they are uk cars. the only subarus on www.allapprovedcars.com are subaru uk dealers forecourt cars
Old 30 November 2005, 12:47 AM
John57
Scooby Regular

"All approved cars" is the front for the database of the company who takes the photos of the cars on the main dealers forecourt - they are normal cars at normal dealers ..... nearly all the main agents use this company as it offers them a total service - I know because my wife is a photographer for them ...... certainly all UK Subaru dealers use them.
Old 30 November 2005, 07:51 AM
sgcooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by John57
"All approved cars" is the front for the database of the company who takes the photos of the cars on the main dealers forecourt - they are normal cars at normal dealers ..... nearly all the main agents use this company as it offers them a total service - I know because my wife is a photographer for them ...... certainly all UK Subaru dealers use them.
Some good deals to be had then. Very Cheap. I was telling someone else that they could get a new WRX for same price as new ST and he didnt believe me. Looks as though its true though.