ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Has Anyone Bought From This Guy On Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 26 October 2005, 10:06 PM
DJ_MOD_WRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has Anyone Bought From This Guy On Ebay

I bought a FMIC from him on ebay and still havent received it 10 days later..

now reading it he seems to have a bit of bad feedback but not much..

im worried ive either been had or a victim of a buy now and ill order em n fob you off job..

seems to be a proffessional service on the advert although when emailed i got a "itll be there monday tuesday mate" and its now wed night and still no fmic and i cant put my car back on the road til ive got one.. sent him an email today with my number asking for who it was sent with and when it was dispatched as i am very wary of ebay..

so asking anyone if youve bought off scottmcp-ntlworld-com

when i looked on my paypal it said it would appear on my dads credit card as Pay FLAT4ONLINE which i know is an online shop but i cant find any numbers on their site either?

item in question
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1
Old 26 October 2005, 10:18 PM
mrjud
Scooby Regular

Location: somewhere having fun after mapped by jollygreenmonster

took me over a month to get mine from a different bloke though. all i know is it takes ages to get anything from flat4 and when you do he does like to hold things back like the little sachet filter that you get with fuel pumps i needed some bits for my car before i get it mapped and the unnameable mapper told me not to get from flat4 as it will not turn up in time and i booked the remap 4 weeks ago to be done on nov 18 so. if the mapper thinks 8 weeks isn't enough time for flat 4 what is. i bought my bits from zen performance in the end top bloke really helpfull and everything is sat in my bedroom waiting to be fitted turned up within days

Originally Posted by DJ_MOD_WRX
I bought a FMIC from him on ebay and still havent received it 10 days later..

now reading it he seems to have a bit of bad feedback but not much..

im worried ive either been had or a victim of a buy now and ill order em n fob you off job..

seems to be a proffessional service on the advert although when emailed i got a "itll be there monday tuesday mate" and its now wed night and still no fmic and i cant put my car back on the road til ive got one.. sent him an email today with my number asking for who it was sent with and when it was dispatched as i am very wary of ebay..

so asking anyone if youve bought off scottmcp-ntlworld-com

when i looked on my paypal it said it would appear on my dads credit card as Pay FLAT4ONLINE which i know is an online shop but i cant find any numbers on their site either?

item in question
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1
Old 26 October 2005, 10:26 PM
baddermans
BANNED

I was going to buy something from flat4 but my mate advised against it as it took him 6 weeks to get his stuff.
Old 26 October 2005, 10:53 PM
cwt
Scooby Regular

Default same problem

me too took 2 weeks to send fuel pump and sent it back no filter not good service shame he has some good products it seems
Old 26 October 2005, 10:54 PM
Swen6
Scooby Regular

Don't trust eBay at all to be honest, small things yeah i'll take a chance but i'd never buy anything of great value.
To be honest i've heard good things about Flat4online, i've used them myself, there was something wrong with my order but he resolved within days, if anything use the site rather than eBay.
Old 27 October 2005, 12:23 AM
fatscoobyfella
Scooby Regular

If he is in the UK,cant you get address and go and visit him?Refund or cooler please??
Even if your miles away,im sure there would be someone close willin to have a ride round..
Old 27 October 2005, 12:49 AM
tath
Scooby Regular

flat4 has a reputation for slow delivery but i've never heard of anyone being ripped off by the guy. It's a very small operation apparently and a bit of a 'bedroom company'...
Old 27 October 2005, 01:03 AM
Giddy
Scooby Regular

A lot of these ebayers selling jdm parts are taking your money and then ordering from Japan. Naughty when they are leading you to assume the items are already in the UK!

OP Performance who the seller has mentioned in his advert as not being connected with has caused issues across several forums as being a non-performing seller. Taking peoples money and no goods. Looking at your guys feedback my guess is that you will get your item eventually. Not good though. People shouldnt advertise things unless they have them ready to post.

Unfortunately small amount of crap ebayers spoil it for everyone. There are some good ones out there though. I bought an Apexi Intake off ebay recently for cracking price and it arrived next day!
Old 27 October 2005, 08:08 AM
DJ_MOD_WRX
Scooby Regular

well i sent the mail yesterday requesting a phone call if i dont get one there will be an email sent demanding my money back as i cant wait around forever for it and i will spend my money even if it is more at a more reputable seller
Old 27 October 2005, 09:46 AM
yam got a scooby
Scooby Regular

I bought my STI rears of him. I got them within a week of paying for them. He also replied to my mails pretty quick. No problem at all really. I did not go through Ebay though. I bought direct off his site.
Old 27 October 2005, 10:57 AM
mervil
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought directly off their site too, had no problems at all. Received my STi rear lights 2 days after paying for them and Crystal Sidelights next day. Send him an email using the enquiry form on his website!

Paul
Old 27 October 2005, 11:13 AM
danwrx1980
Scooby Regular

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/25BHP-MOD-Any-...QQcmdZViewItem

would anyone buy this?
i thought it was a load of pants
Old 27 October 2005, 12:06 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Always worth checking first that the seller has the item and isnt just ordering from the supplier once he's got your money - if they quote anything over a few days once they've been paid, then they havent got the item there to sell.

Problem with a lot of these people is they use your money to pay for the item and cant afford to hold any stock - not really a business, just someone playing around at it ! Personally I wouldnt order anything unless the seller actually has the item in their possession ready to send.
Old 27 October 2005, 12:11 PM
tath
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by danwrx1980

would anyone buy this?
Pour sugar in the tank, **** on the ecu and go for a top speed run just to make sure

It's a 1p resistor that 'fools' the MAF.
Old 27 October 2005, 12:12 PM
danwrx1980
Scooby Regular

thats exactly what i thought, jeez!!
i was pointing out the fact that on e bay you can sell anything!
Old 27 October 2005, 12:38 PM
Swen6
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by danwrx1980

would anyone buy this?
Bolt on crap that asks for trouble, a chav upgrade me thinks, cheap and crap.
Old 27 October 2005, 02:55 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Referring to the first post, I do not think he is a scammer just that he is slow on deliveries some of the time and some of his promises or excuses do not stack up.
I expect you will get it eventually. Not much help if you are booked in to get your FMIC fitted but atleast you get it in time.
Be careful on injectors. Not worth the risk IMHO. It is a lot of hassle and expense when only two or three out of four work and you have just fitted them in advance of a mapping session.
Old 27 October 2005, 03:01 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

As others have said; Scott can be very slow, but if I were you Id be pretty confident that it will arrive. I think that were you to search for 'flat4' in Scoobynet; youd find a whole raft of people saying that he was as slow as f*ck, a few people saying that Scott was spot-on, but no one saying he was a crook.

Hope that this helps

Simon
Old 27 October 2005, 05:05 PM
DJ_MOD_WRX
Scooby Regular

Just received an email back from him finally got a reply once i launched a complaint with paypal! I have asked for my money back as he has admitted he has no fitting kits and is waiting for them to arrive! What a wan*er why advertise things for sale as in stock that he doesnt have?.

Wheres best to buy a fmic for anything up to 500pounds as i need one to put my car back on the road! I stripped it down to fit it along with a few other items so now have no mounts to put my old one back on!!
Old 27 October 2005, 06:07 PM
Giddy
Scooby Regular

It really annoys me people that do that.
Old 27 October 2005, 07:21 PM
Swen6
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Giddy
It really annoys me people that do that.
That's nothing i was looking on eBay yesterday and saw a photo of my car [close up of mud-flaps] being used to advertise someone's product!!!!
The cheeky git had nicked the photo off here!!
Old 27 October 2005, 08:38 PM
baddermans
BANNED

you find it annoying because someone has used a close up photo of your mudflaps?

why???????????

its only a photo.