Sponsored by:

Other halfs first drive

Search this Thread

Old 24 October 2005, 09:38 AM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Other halfs first drive

My girlfriend had her first drive of my Scoob this weekend. She wasn't to bad but then most of the time I had my eye's and ears covered!

She has been banging onto me about having a go since I got it. Now that the work has been done on the engine by Cheam Motors (Thanks again lads) I thought it was time for me to give in and stop her moaning.

I'm sure there is a lot of us out there who are more than reluctant to allow anyone else to drive our pride and joys even if it is your partner and especially when my girlfriend is used to driving a 1.1i Saxo!!!!

She pulled off a little bit jerky which was expected due to the Scoobs clutch. We got at least to the end of my road and that's when it went t*ts up. A bus wouldn't let us pass so she had to reverse at least 80 yards during which all I got was abuse due to the fact she said she couldn't see because of my spoiler.

She wasn't to bad in all honesty considering it was her first time (driving the car) . I was a little worried when I could hear my Scoob begging for mercy when she left it in 2nd gear taking it to 6.5 revs pulling away from a set of lights!!! The only downside was that we got followed by a marked Police Car for at least half a mile and waited until we went in our house.

My girlfriends verdict was "I like it. It's nice and fast but not sure about the noise" .

You can't live with or without I guess.

The one thing that I did notice from being in the passenger seat was how many people do look whilst your going along. I still think it may have been the fact my girlfriend was screaming her head off because she was doing 40mph. lol

Steve
Old 24 October 2005, 10:16 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Girls Mate. As a Bloke I'm lucky if I catch people looking at the car, if I park it up I always see people looking until they notice I'm about. Girls on the other hand, blokes feel better looking

Be honest though nothing nicer than being over taken by a girl in a Scooby :P

oh and my g/f hits the pavement in her Clio so like ****e is she touching the Scooby
Old 24 October 2005, 10:19 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

I let mine drive it the day I got it. Quite confident about her driving ability. The issue I had with her driving it was that she wasn't quite as sympathetic to the mechanicals as I am. I've got her blipping the throttle now to change down - makes her giggle becuase shes learnt to make it pop on the downshift.

First car she ever drove was my old Nissan GTIR. That had a 3 paddle clutch and was a complete swine to pull away in - might be why it didn't last too long
Old 24 October 2005, 10:36 AM
mok
Scooby Regular

I was stupid enough to let some of my exes drive my scoob and one of them almost turned pizza hut into a drive in
Old 24 October 2005, 02:05 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

Wife drives our scoob more than I do and she is a very good driver. Even knows about warming up properly (lol her mum only lives 1 mile away yet she drives a 3 mile route..!).

Put it this way, in the 12 months we've had it the alloys remain unmarked..! How many male drivers have unmarked alloys..?

That's my girl..!

PS She'll probably trash it now I've said this..!

PPS Just remembered there was a little incident with friends plant pot 1 month after we had it, only cost £200 for a new rear lateral link..!
Old 24 October 2005, 02:14 PM
FirebirdUK
Scooby Regular

Hehe - first time the wife had a go in my STi, she was afraid of it and wouldn't go over 40mph on the motorway... Was a bit embaressing to say the least...
Old 24 October 2005, 03:03 PM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Holly smokes. Just re-read what I wrote and I sound like a sexiest.

I just want to say to any female scobby owners out that I am not saying you can't drive.

I am one of five children the youngest and only boy. So I have been driven mad by women for a long time.
Old 24 October 2005, 03:11 PM
rossyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

Put it this way, in the 12 months we've had it the alloys remain unmarked..! How many male drivers have unmarked alloys..?
Just to pi55 on your party, me Quite astonishing after 16 months.
Old 24 October 2005, 03:15 PM
OhMyGodItsBlue
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by Stevesbluewrx
Holly smokes. Just re-read what I wrote and I sound like a sexiest.

I just want to say to any female scobby owners out that I am not saying you can't drive.

I am one of five children the youngest and only boy. So I have been driven mad by women for a long time.
im a girl with a scooby and a good driver
on my second now and i think i know what im doing with it
know what you mean though, most women are incredibly bad drivers. give those of us who are actually good a bad name
Old 24 October 2005, 03:16 PM
OhMyGodItsBlue
Scooby Regular

try 18 months with unmarked alloys
Old 24 October 2005, 03:37 PM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Does it count if mine we're marked by the previous owner? Please say Nooooooo
Old 24 October 2005, 04:28 PM
*Jen*
Scooby Regular

I sometimes let my other half drive it... but that's only so I can drive his V8 off-roady Range Rover

Everytime he borrows it it takes him twice as long to get home as he has to go 'via hedge end to play on the roundabouts' He's a good bloke, I can drive it better though
Old 24 October 2005, 06:58 PM
OhMyGodItsBlue
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by *Jen*
I sometimes let my other half drive it... but that's only so I can drive his V8 off-roady Range Rover

Everytime he borrows it it takes him twice as long to get home as he has to go 'via hedge end to play on the roundabouts' He's a good bloke, I can drive it better though

ooooh V8 rangie
Old 24 October 2005, 07:27 PM
scoobfan
Scooby Regular

My missus drives the Scoob more than me and i have to say she can fooking drive like the best of them !!

Rob
Old 24 October 2005, 07:29 PM
scoobfan
Scooby Regular

Whey, 900th post

Rob
Old 24 October 2005, 07:42 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rossyboy
Just to pi55 on your party, me Quite astonishing after 16 months.
You're not pissing on anyone chips with only 16 months..!

In 21 years of driving (all with alloys) I've marked only 2 wheels, the last one being 5 years ago (and not because of 'baloon' like tyres).

However, when I have done it I've really done it..! (ie total rim chew). Made me ill for days..!

Old 24 October 2005, 08:58 PM
ChriSTi
Scooby Regular

My missus is picking the MY06 Sti up from Litchfields in a week or so !!!!!!, brand spanking new
Old 24 October 2005, 11:34 PM
VWscooby
Scooby Regular

Let my ex drive mine a while back. I had to slap her hand away from the gearstick because she wanted to change at 3.5k because it was pulling too hard for her, bless!!

She never quite liked driving it, couldn't get used to the way a turbo'd car drove. She now has a Lupo GTi, great little car
Old 25 October 2005, 12:07 AM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

My missus used to cain the shyte out of my scoob - as she does my S2000 - she loves it, as she normally gets to drive a fiesta She even manages every gear change at 9k, nice