Sponsored by:

Prob selling the type r

Search this Thread

Old 15 October 2005, 12:22 AM
flat4_ire
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prob selling the type r

hey guys, prob gonna sell the sti type r, love the car and have had no probs with her and will own another scoob sometime in the future, just wanna change for a while and experience other cars, insurance is not a problem with any size engine so what would you go for, my top 3 are:

3000cc TT 6Speed Supra-great looks and reliabilty even with high power
2600cc TT 1995 Nissan Skyline GTR-need i say more?
3000cc TT Mitsi GTO-rare enough and cool looking but just not really mad bout mitsi

or **** it i might just try out a 98 M3 Evo???
Old 15 October 2005, 12:26 AM
leonpoole
Scooby Regular

You havnt had your scoob more than 5 minutes. Keep that its a beauty.

Your scoob with the map and mods will be quicker off the mark than any of the cars you mention as standard. Although top end they will all eat your scooby but when do you get to go flat out anyway.

Last edited by leonpoole; 15 October 2005 at 12:29 AM.
Old 15 October 2005, 12:31 AM
flat4_ire
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by leonpoole
You havnt had your scoob more than 5 minutes. Keep that its a beauty.

Your scoob with the map and mods will be quicker off the mark than any of the cars you mention as standard. Although top end they will all eat your scooby but when do you get to go flat out anyway.
knew ud be the first to reply
yeah man i know shes a little cracker and is wicked through the gears!! nothing gonna stay with it through 1st 2nd 3rd, something appealing about a nice 400bhp supra tho, cost too much money and pain to get the scoob to a reliable 400bhp, ya know? il def go back to a scoob sometime id say, got to have a white new age, just wudnt mind trying out other big cars cos i can drive/insure any size ya know?
Old 15 October 2005, 12:33 AM
Scooby-doo97
Scooby Regular

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

As said above...you've had it 5 mins and you want a change? A few mods to the Scoob and you'll be grinning like a good 'un!
Old 15 October 2005, 12:37 AM
flat4_ire
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby-doo97
As said above...you've had it 5 mins and you want a change? A few mods to the Scoob and you'll be grinning like a good 'un!
had it 4 mths, it already makes me grin, its an absolute animal! guys its not like i cant get another scoob at the click of a finger, im 22, have already had a few sweet motors but nothing like big engine!! need big power, or just settle for a 318 coupe 2000, are the 98 m3 any good?
Old 15 October 2005, 12:41 AM
leonpoole
Scooby Regular

A friend of mine had and M3 evo. He only had it 2 months coming from a mitubishi evo 5 and he hated it . He now has an evo 7 and would never go back to a bm. Its the rwd handling that dissapointed him the most. Maybe thats because he's not a pro driver but he feels a lot more confident with 4wd

Last edited by leonpoole; 15 October 2005 at 12:44 AM.
Old 15 October 2005, 12:53 AM
flat4_ire
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by leonpoole
A friend of mine had and M3 evo. He only had it 2 months coming from a mitubishi evo 5 and he hated it . He now has an evo 7 and would never go back to a bm. Its the rwd handling that dissapointed him the most. Maybe thats because he's not a pro driver but he feels a lot more confident with 4wd
here im hitting the sack, me head is wrecked talking crap on here at this hour, doubt il go to an m3 evo man, cos the gimps that drive them think they are the cheese, and theres a little rich kid going round in a yellow convertible m3 and giving me looks, next time i see him on any kinda road hes gonna get it!! WAAAHHHHHHH be like a snowball flying by him
Old 15 October 2005, 01:02 AM
leonpoole
Scooby Regular

haha my mates was a yellow cabbie too. Is it like a light yellow similar to what you see porsches in ?
Old 15 October 2005, 01:22 AM
RS Grant
Scooby Regular

He's gone mate...

Out of interest, how much are you looking for your Type-R?? You can PM me if you like...

Cheers,
Grant
Old 15 October 2005, 01:36 AM
leonpoole
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RS Grant
He's gone mate...
He'll be back!
Old 15 October 2005, 11:31 AM
Stiver3
Scooby Regular

Location: Braintree - 321BHP, 285Lbft-Perfect Standard' Ish STi Ver. III

I've driven a mates M3Evo, and although it was very quick, imo it didnt have the overall package my sti has , off the line it was definately not as quick, but then its RWD and was never meant to be a rally car etc....Top end it was very quick, but still not that quick as to 'amaze' me. The handling wasn't that bad however, no where near as tail happy as i thought it would be. If you something raw i'd stick with the impreza!, as for the list above, the skyline without a doubt!
Old 15 October 2005, 12:07 PM
flat4_ire
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RS Grant
He's gone mate...

Out of interest, how much are you looking for your Type-R?? You can PM me if you like...

Cheers,
Grant
had to go to bed there lastnite lads, head was wrecked, yeh its a light yellow, poxy looking if u ask me.. im looking €20,500 for it, thats gonna look very expensive to you but its about £15k sterling but u have to remember cars are a lot more damn expensive here, when u import a car in england u pay 17.5% vat and 10% duty well here we pay 21%vat 10%duty and then 30% VRT!!!(vehicle tax reg) its a joke i know but on my type r i paid €4600 in vrt after all the other tax so u can imagine why the damn cars are so pricey here, i wont be selling it for less than 20k to be honest cos it is clean as **** and rare enuf round here
Old 15 October 2005, 12:20 PM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

had a GTO, very expensive to maintain. The other two, spot on.

At one time i was thinking, hold on a sec is that someone writing on my behalf, only to realise i dont have a Type R.

My next sports car is defo going to be a Supra or Skyline though it would have to be a R33 GTR which is just abouts affordable. Friggin R34 GTR is still way too expensive for me.

N again similar to yourself, I want to settle with a nice BMW. Similar thinknig mate
Old 15 October 2005, 12:24 PM
flat4_ire
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kilo_4que
had a GTO, very expensive to maintain. The other two, spot on.

At one time i was thinking, hold on a sec is that someone writing on my behalf, only to realise i dont have a Type R.

My next sports car is defo going to be a Supra or Skyline though it would have to be a R33 GTR which is just abouts affordable. Friggin R34 GTR is still way too expensive for me.

N again similar to yourself, I want to settle with a nice BMW. Similar thinknig mate
oh yeh 1995 gtr r 33 man, too pricey and couldnt be bothered buying the 2.5 rwd GTS which is half the price and which of everyone has round here, no gtr's! its hard to know what to do, i love the scoob and dont want anyone else driving it but i want something else for a while, il try to sell it far from home cos i will crack up if i see some muppet wreckin it around my home town..nice clean grade 4 1995 TT 6sd supra is very apprealing at the mo, heard one the other with full system, very impressive..might just say feckit and buy a 2000 CI Coupe tho that wudnt last long id say
Old 15 October 2005, 12:27 PM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by flat4_ire
oh yeh 1995 gtr r 33 man, too pricey and couldnt be bothered buying the 2.5 rwd GTS which is half the price and which of everyone has round here, no gtr's! its hard to know what to do, i love the scoob and dont want anyone else driving it but i want something else for a while, il try to sell it far from home cos i will crack up if i see some muppet wreckin it around my home town..nice clean grade 4 1995 TT 6sd supra is very apprealing at the mo, heard one the other with full system, very impressive..might just say feckit and buy a 2000 CI Coupe tho that wudnt last long id say
to be honest the Skyline GTS-T is great fun to drive though the GTR is a total different ball game. However between the skyline and supra, theres some urge to go for a supra plus they arent all that expensive either.

Ill giveu a challenge though, find a Supra TT, UK car in black, manual. Very very hard to get hold of. N even harder, try n find a UK TT manual any colour with a targa top
Old 15 October 2005, 12:29 PM
flat4_ire
Scooby Regular

to be honest the Skyline GTS-T is great fun to drive though the GTR is a total different ball game. However between the skyline and supra, theres some urge to go for a supra plus they arent all that expensive either.

Ill giveu a challenge though, find a Supra TT, UK car in black, manual. Very very hard to get hold of. N even harder, try n find a UK TT manual any colour with a targa top
ah couldnt be bothered man im in S.Ireland here, il just import a nice jap tt 6spd supra myself, ul hear me 1000 miles away
Old 15 October 2005, 12:30 PM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by flat4_ire
ah couldnt be bothered man im in S.Ireland here, il just import a nice jap tt 6spd supra myself, ul hear me 1000 miles away
o lol, then u dont need to worry
Old 15 October 2005, 12:53 PM
Goldeneye
Scooby Regular

even harder, try n find a UK TT manual any colour with a targa top
"Impossible" would be more accurate.
Old 15 October 2005, 01:00 PM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

lol thats the the thing though. Until a few months back it was impossible but I saw a cool grey supra in the same description, even phoned the owner to confrim whether it was a uk car or not and he said yes it was. Then a few weeks after ive seen another one but in red.

Weird but true,
Old 15 October 2005, 01:04 PM
Goldeneye
Scooby Regular

Weird, but wrong, I'm afraid.

The UK MKIV Supra was a hardtop only. Aerotops were only produced for the Japanese market.
Old 15 October 2005, 01:05 PM
Hepy
Scooby Regular

Are you mad. Did you not just get the type r remapped?
Old 15 October 2005, 01:06 PM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Goldeneye
Weird, but wrong, I'm afraid.

The UK MKIV Supra was a hardtop only. Aerotops were only produced for the Japanese market.
yes exactly, hence the reason i ask this question in every supra discussion

plus its look so no uk like lol
Old 15 October 2005, 01:10 PM
Goldeneye
Scooby Regular

yes exactly, hence the reason i ask this question in every supra discussion

plus its look so no uk like lol

Whilst I've got my anorak on , I should add to my previous statement that the European and American markets also got the Aerotop version.
Old 15 October 2005, 01:12 PM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

Whilst I've got my anorak on , I should add to my previous statement that the European and American markets also got the Aerotop version.
why is it that UK has to be so nit picky on cars. Btw what would be the explanation behind the cool grey aero top in auto trader a few months back. Had it done himself? not an import (well he did say one owner since new from dealer) so ...
Old 15 October 2005, 01:26 PM
Goldeneye
Scooby Regular

why is it that UK has to be so nit picky on cars. Btw what would be the explanation behind the cool grey aero top in auto trader a few months back. Had it done himself? not an import (well he did say one owner since new from dealer) so ...
When you say "cool grey", do you mean this colour?

If that's the same colour, then the only explanation would be that the owner has resprayed the car and chopped the roof out to form the aero top. Such a vehicle would probably be one of a kind over here and the subject of some discussion on the MKIV boards, especially if it was advertised on the Autotrader.

To my knowledge, no such car has ever been discussed which would lead me to the conclusion that the person selling was either lying or completely clueless about their car!

Did you actually see the car in person or did the owner just confirm it was a UK spec over the telephone? Any pictures of it at all?
Old 15 October 2005, 03:30 PM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

LOL when i say every supra discussion it doesnt mean a supra board, im on about anything verbally or on the computer that mntions a supra i like to ask the question. Im nto even a member of any supra forum to ask questions there,

The grey as some call it gunmetal grey, btw ure pic doesnt work but here is a similar colour

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW...0541210659395#

Regarding the car itself, if i had seen it in person i wouldnt be as clueless as i am now. I had seen it advertised on autotrader and phoned to confirm whether it is a uk car or not. He said he had all the paper work since it was bought bladibla, pitty i wasnt in a position to buy, phoned out of curiosity
Old 15 October 2005, 03:35 PM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

similar to this jap import but with a veilside kit

http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD...a?id=227420576
Old 15 October 2005, 04:55 PM
flat4_ire
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Hepy
Are you mad. Did you not just get the type r remapped?
yup i just had it mapped by Andy F bout 4 weeks ago, im completely happy with the scooby, not probs with it and is a serious machine, just thinkin of trying somethin else for a while, look im 22 and i have traders insurance so i can drive any size engine car so i wanna make the most of it, 5.7 corvette on the way!haha, nah im a 99.9999% jap man, anyone had a spin in a 400bhp supra??
Old 15 October 2005, 06:46 PM
Goldeneye
Scooby Regular

kilo_4que,

That colour in your first link only appeared on the facelift MKIV's and was never a UK car colour. The colour of the car in the second link appears to be the different anthracite/bronze paint (although it's difficult to be certain due to the picture quality) which was primarily a Japanese colour up until 1995/1996, although there are a small amount UK MKIV's in that colour as well.

In any event, there were no UK Aerotops so it's either a one off conversion and new paint job (and hopefully they put in all the extra bracing that is required) or much more likely it was a J-Spec vehicle and the seller was either confused or lying.
Old 15 October 2005, 06:51 PM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

kilo_4que,

That colour in your first link only appeared on the facelift MKIV's and was never a UK car colour. The colour of the car in the second link appears to be the different anthracite/bronze paint (although it's difficult to be certain due to the picture quality) which was primarily a Japanese colour up until 1995/1996, although there are a small amount UK MKIV's in that colour as well.

In any event, there were no UK Aerotops so it's either a one off conversion and new paint job (and hopefully they put in all the extra bracing that is required) or much more likely it was a J-Spec vehicle and the seller was either confused or lying.
personally i doubt anyone would want to go to the great lengths of having an aero top conversion so do believe it most likely was a jap import. But the dude sound so convincing,

furthermore regarding the colour, it is a very tricky one indeed. At times it looks darker but to give u an idea there is the normal light silver colour, and to darken it a little is what i am referring to. Nevertheless i can now get over the fact that there exists no uk aero top. What a pitty, would have been nice if there was one

Quick Reply: Prob selling the type r