Sponsored by:

Jinxed – the story so far…

Search this Thread

Old 12 October 2005, 01:32 PM
Zuby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jinxed – the story so far…

For the last 6 months ive been looking for a black wrx sti type uk with the ppp and with pff7 alloys.

I originally enquired at my local watford garage who said the would keep an eye out for me. Meanwhile I found a couple of private ones with all the goodies. Each time a hpi check was done there would be some kind of glitch. for example, I would have been the 4th owner on 1 of them and the 6th owner on the other. An 03 plate with 6 owners???

Whist on my quest to find my car on the subaru website, I found a black car with the ppp but with the gold wheels, thought well either I begin haggling with the dealers or I could possibly sacrifice the alloys for a later date. When I went to 1st view the car, the car had gone, someone days earlier had placed a deposit on the car and it had gone in for an inspection . I was told that the guy is viewing the car and if he is not to purchase it I would be given a call. I was well annoyed, it was only about 20 mins earlier I called and asked if it was still available, condition etc. I was told "yeh the cars right in front of me..." and began reading out the registration plate.

I was called the next day and decided to go see the car. The car was advertised on the net at £16995, and £17995 was on the car onder2: . Still I took it for a test drive to find no rumble of the engine and felt it was lacking a bit... to then ask the dealers if it had the ppp. "yeh I should have the certificate in the office with the car’s file....”

The car had a normal sti exhaust and a technician popped the bonnet and said I don’t think it has the ppp.

At my next garage I thought. I spoke to Quinby's who was very helpful. Unfortunately he didn't have the car I was after but also would keep an eye out.

I’m still looking myself whilst all this is happening...

I find one on the border of wee scotland with all the bits, but its Ramadhan, which means I’m fasting for the next 30 days, and with no tea/coffee or food it will be a bit of a mission driving from london....

Instead i see another in Sheffield. An 04 with the ppp and pff7 alloys. bit more than what i wanted to spend £19995. When I went to view the car 3 alloys are curbed, front bumper needs respray and there is this nasty wax which is sprayed all over the engine bay. looks a real mess. We agreed to have new sti mats, front bumper re-spray, service, prodrive mudflaps, 6 months road tax and a full tank of juice and put down a deposit on the car on the condition that the engine bay cleans up. The next day I read the receipt to find no mention of the mud flaps, called the dealers and the salesman wanted to charge me extra. At this stage as you can guess I’m getting really annoyed!!!! Took me all bloody day whilst fasting to drive up from london to sheffield and back to find this...

oh and cherry on the cake was that after a steam wash the engine bay still didn’t clean up and now apparently looks worse than before.... deposit was refunded.

Rant over….
Old 12 October 2005, 01:38 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

Sickening mate but at least your being patient. The right one will come up no doubt about that............

Good luck from a fellow black sti8 with ppp and pff7's owner
Old 12 October 2005, 03:56 PM
Zuby
Scooby Regular

not interested in selling for a 'newer' model ???
Old 12 October 2005, 04:15 PM
Typer Jim
Scooby Regular

I spent momths looking for the Type'R' that i have and went through the same kind of thing that you are.... Went all over the country at suppposed 'mint' cars to find they were KAK. Then one day out of the blue it found it and i was so happy that i waited...

Stay patient, one will appear!!!!
Old 12 October 2005, 04:48 PM
Zuby
Scooby Regular

thanx for the advice, i was begining to think maybe was some kind of divine intervention and that mitsi maybe on offer.

As it goes I find one today and upon calling, its been sold.
maybe next week...
Old 12 October 2005, 04:57 PM
danwrx1980
Scooby Regular

i spent 3 months looking for an RB5, after a bloke in wales saying he won't sell it til i've seen it, then being 5 mins from his house and phoning him to check and he says it went last night, i felt like you do now!

then went into my local dealers and found a prodrive bug eye DBM wrx that i fell in love with, and am so happy with now, that i think it couldn't have worked out better!

relax mate, as said the right one will come along...
Old 12 October 2005, 05:25 PM
Andy Porter
Scooby Regular

I just woulnt go more than say 50 miles for a car, its not worth it unless you know/trust the seller
Old 12 October 2005, 07:28 PM
RS Grant
Scooby Regular

....there is always the option of getting an AA/RAC Inspection though.

But when looking at a few cars around the UK that can get very expensive, very quickly. You would have to be 95% sure that you wanted the car to pay 150-200quid for someone to inspect it for you!!

Best of luck mate, you're looking for an absolutely stunning car mate...... If I was after an STi 8, then it would be exactly the car you are after.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 13 October 2005, 09:24 AM
Zuby
Scooby Regular

i see your point of the rac/aa inspection but would they really know the ins and outs of the car.

see previously on Snetterton track we took out my bro's civic type r and after the 1st spin the engine management light came on, called the aa they didn't have a clue . they checked exactly what i previously did, oil, water etc. it turns out that it was just the sensors .
Old 21 October 2005, 08:42 PM
Zuby
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

guys i think there maybe light at the end of the tunnel. May have just found what ive been looking for.

will find out monday.

Zuby
Old 22 October 2005, 09:17 AM
CyprusScooby
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Zuby
guys i think there maybe light at the end of the tunnel. May have just found what ive been looking for.

will find out monday.

Zuby
Good luck this time mate!