Sponsored by:

cloned cars explained

Search this Thread

Old 03 October 2005, 07:44 PM
ukdave
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cloned cars explained

just found a link to car-crime.com on another site i go on,just thought ppl would be interested in the cloning part, though the rest of the sites pretty good tbh
http://www.car-crime.com/clones.htm
Old 03 October 2005, 08:11 PM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

Interesting read, and are the DVLA going to do anything to help, I can guarantee not without spending millions and millions on a waste of time overly complicated solution which wont work. The only way to fight this growing problem is to get the registered data correct within the DVLA first (yeah right !) and then implement details of who is insured to drive said vehicle. Combination of the Insurance database with DVLA or such idea?
Richard
Old 03 October 2005, 09:43 PM
Anders_WR1
Scooby Regular

We were all stopped by a particulary arogant cop on Saturday night, who claimed my mates Fiat turbo was cloned. He operated a guilty until proven innocent policy, that wound us all up bad style.

After 40 minutes of investigation, he said we could all go, although he found it strange that a group of ten cars were out driving at 3am!

Before the cop left, I pointed out to my mate the fact he could dispute every speeding ticket and parking fine he gets, because he can blame the clone vehicle. The cop looked well p1ssed off jumped in his car and burned off.

Two minutes later we saw him again with a speed trap set up on his car, where the A3 meets the M25. Tosser!

So is this a new loophole?
Old 03 October 2005, 10:40 PM
Rally
Scooby Regular

Location: Nottingham during week, Leeds at Weekends and 5ive-o.org at night

Originally Posted by ukdave
just found a link to car-crime.com on another site i go on,just thought ppl would be interested in the cloning part, though the rest of the sites pretty good tbh
http://www.car-crime.com/clones.htm
Cloning has been with us for many years, hence why no one on here displays their number plate on pictures and shouldnt be included in full on the was it you section.

There is also the case where the DVLA in their wisdom issued the same reg plate to 2 green Cavaliers many years ago!

A rel ative of mine had his Corsa cloned and received tickets + summons from Essex Police DESPITE the fact he lives on a farm in Yorkshire and can prove where he was on all dates. They still required him to go to court and prove this in person!!!

Last edited by Rally; 03 October 2005 at 10:44 PM.
Old 03 October 2005, 11:46 PM
scoobimax
Scooby Regular

But surely if the criminals write to DVLA stating a change of address and lost the log book, give the new address for the new log book surely any future tickets would go to that newly advised address and therefore the "real" owner would not recieve the tickest?

Does that make sense?