Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

No scooby for at least 4 weeks

Search this Thread

Old 24 September 2000, 09:28 PM
Carolyn T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately we now have one less scooby on the roads for a while. My husband Dave had a little incident on Saturday (non scooby related, I'll let him explain) which has meant spending all weekend in Addenbrooks Hospital having a broken wrist set, re-set, wired up and re-set again.

Doctors orders - no driving - no drinking - no nothing, and the worst part is he gets me as his chauffeur he he he, what fun we are going to have !

I now have a running commentary when driving him around, cries of please don't crash on the way to A&E mixed with another couple of minutes won't make much difference, filled the car on Saturday afternoon.

But seriously, he is in need of loads of sympathy from you all as he is not getting much from me.
Old 25 September 2000, 12:08 AM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Unhappy

Hi guys - thanks your sympathy.

Hooksin - after Pete "Scoobmeister" Croney's post looks like your Scoob will be back - unfortunately my wrist is still broken!!

Chuckster - yes it was me at SS the other week - hi!. I'll just have to have some secret mods to even things up a bit!!

Paul Habgood - wasn't that "WAS off to the States?" - I'll do anything not to iron my own shirts - even throw myself off a ladder whilst painting the house!
Old 25 September 2000, 12:11 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Dave you martyr you.
Old 25 September 2000, 12:17 AM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Cool

Paul - just thinking about Carolyn lonely without me 3000 miles away......
Old 25 September 2000, 09:12 AM
hooksin
Scooby Regular

My commiserations to your hubby(not because the wifes driving his baby of course), read my recent post "OH NO!!!"....I've got the broken car & he's got the broken bones....we should team up for a couple of weeks.LOL

cheers,

Nick
Old 25 September 2000, 09:21 AM
chuckster
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

A very sad story, is this Dave I met at Scoobysport a few weeks back having the full Scoobysport system put onto the second family scoob? Poor guy, his is sitting on the drive whilst yours is getting loosened up some more. He'll have the slower scoob forever now, ouch thats gotta hurt!
Good luck with the break,
Chuck
Old 25 September 2000, 11:49 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

If my memory sreves me correctly - arn't you orf to the states soon?
Old 25 September 2000, 03:55 PM
NeilR
Scooby Regular

4 looooooooong weeks !

you have my sympathy.

NeilR
scoobyless for 9 weeks and counting
Old 25 September 2000, 05:22 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

sorry, wrong thread - doh!

[This message has been edited by Paul Habgood (edited 25 September 2000).]
Old 25 September 2000, 05:22 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

NeilR - my commisserations also - four weeks bad - nine weeks VERY bad - what's your reason??
Old 25 September 2000, 05:25 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Habgood - i'm supposed to be the one in the morphine induced haze - get back in the right thread
Old 26 September 2000, 12:07 AM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Hi Guys

Since i've now got far too much time on my hands thought i'd give you an update on my accident - since there is a good sense of humour on SN I like to share my stupidity with others!!.
What actually happened was I was up a ladder Saturday afternoon painting windows. The ladder was on the gravel drive and the bottom of it slid out away from the house on the gravel and kept going (yes thanks for all the forthcoming suggestions about wasn't it a good idea to brace the bottom of the ladder - I shall do that next time!!) - my head was about 13 feet high. It all happened too fast to react so I woke up flat on the ground across a concrete step. Seems most of the force was taken by my head (so not much to damage there) and my left wrist. Lucky I am right handed but speaking from bitter experience actually makes bu66er all difference when you are one handed!!
When I came to my wrist was in a funny "S" shape and I thought "hmmm, that's not too good!"
I've now got damage about every ladder rung apart - abrasions on shin, knee, hip, chest, head!!

The really amusing thing (??) was how your instincts take over in a situation like that - I obviously didn't want to let go of the paint brush and make a mess - so there is a white paint streak down the window, across the porch roof and we have some nice white leaved plants at ground level where I was obviously twitching around on the ground with the brush still in my hand!

Carolyn took me to the hospital and I even remembered to put the lid back on the paint tin before we went (God i'm so tidy).

Mant thanks to all the staff at Addenbrookes for doing a great job in patching me up (and nothing personal but I hope I never see you again!!).

So, my Scoob is sitting in the garage with a full tank of petrol and nowhere to go (at least I do not have to worry about it being stolen/mounted from behind - ooer - etc).

A salutory lesson for us all - DIY is bad for you, pay for some other silly s0d to paint the house, go out for a drive in the Scoob instead!!!