Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

How much labour to fit a full decat ?

Search this Thread

Old 20 September 2005, 10:28 PM
paul-s
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much labour to fit a full decat ?

any ideas ? recommendations for the se london or se england area ?
Old 20 September 2005, 10:44 PM
scoobycat
Scooby Regular

had mine done at scoobytek in romford six months back cost about £180 for de cat down pipe from them not too sure on the labour as they were fitting a new turbo anyway so didint charge me any labour coz they had to take it off anyway plus already had no middle cat but seemed fairly cheap to me and did a good job,great mod too well worth the money notice it straight away they reckon bout 20 bhp gain
Old 20 September 2005, 10:47 PM
paul-s
Scooby Regular

Im going from a nice standard catted whisper quiet exhaust to a nur spec blitz cant wait ill give them a call romford is not far at all.
Old 20 September 2005, 10:48 PM
talizman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paul-s
how much labour to fit a full decat?
Originally Posted by scoobycat
not too sure on the labour as they were fitting a new turbo anyway so didint charge me any labour
Helpful......

About 2 hours will more than cover it.
Old 20 September 2005, 10:53 PM
scoobycat
Scooby Regular

hope you warned the neighbours? sounds good to me though ive heard they sound awesome! think i heard one once and it sounded great i want one but il wait to i get me next scoob think yours will sound great with the de cat mine sounds loud(not like nur spec loud) but sounds better when turbo cuts in no restriction or noise softening they expensive? just back box?
Old 20 September 2005, 10:55 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

any ideas ? recommendations for the se london or se england area ?
if i remember, you've got a classic? if so mate the only labour you should be worrying about is on the downpipe, even a muppet like me can do the rest

i had mine done at DS engineering near barney sands by northfleet football ground, can't remember the price exactly (a couple of years ago now) but steve there is pretty reasonable
Old 20 September 2005, 11:04 PM
paul-s
Scooby Regular

I had a super dragger on the old scoob, but this one i was after the blitz. got a good price on a full system inc. downpipe so just need it fitted. i could pop down any garage if i didnt need the downpipe too. I think i know of the place u mean, is it left just before the shell garage on the road to gravesend ? or i might be thinking of somewhere else.
I live in a quiet cul de sac and always drop the gf off home bout 12 so thatll certainly be something to make the neighbours smile. never mind
Old 20 September 2005, 11:11 PM
scoobycat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by talizman
Helpful......

About 2 hours will more than cover it.
well it was helpfull really coz i was just advising him on somewhere to take it which is actually on his doorstep
Old 20 September 2005, 11:19 PM
mervil
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Impossible Performance are quite good with labour rates. They're just outside the Medway Tunnel. Parts are a bit expensive IMO. The bit that takes longest is getting the bolts off the Turbo! Bloody nightmare!
Should have gone for the Vortex, a lot 'quieter' than the Blitz! (yes I'm Lying) but sounds AWESOME!!!

Paul

Last edited by mervil; 20 September 2005 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Drunken Spelling
Old 20 September 2005, 11:21 PM
scoobycat
Scooby Regular

its just round the corner from romford train station come out station turn right first left and its about 30 seconds walk on the left not sure what road that is but think its the one that meets bottom of high street?
Old 21 September 2005, 06:31 AM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

I think i know of the place u mean, is it left just before the shell garage on the road to gravesend ? or i might be thinking of somewhere else.
i think you're talking of prestige and performance, mark IIRC. haven't been there for a while now but they're ok

DS engineering is tucked away a bit, give steve a bell 01322387372 and he'll give you better directions than i could he does a good job but can be a bit out with how long a job will take (won't over charge, just your car may not be ready when he says)
Old 21 September 2005, 08:24 AM
paul-s
Scooby Regular

I had originally wanted the blitz though I was considering the Vortex after hearing good reviews about sound + performance. Just got such a good price on the full blitz i couldnt say no.
hoskib - I take it your guy knows subaru's, works on them sometimes ? Im not sure if itll need a couple of gaskets too, havnt picked it up yet so ill have to see what i can do then. what have you got on yours ?

paul
Old 21 September 2005, 06:22 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

hoskib - I take it your guy knows subaru's, works on them sometimes ? Im not sure if itll need a couple of gaskets too, havnt picked it up yet so ill have to see what i can do then. what have you got on yours ?

paul
yeah, steve knows scoobys. don't know if you're familiar with paz from Fast Car but steve does work on his, not saying he's a subaru god but he's done ok by me

gasket wise you WILL need the metal downpipe gasket (about £15 from dealer) b/box to centre section gasket might be ok but that's only a couple of quid anyway, as someones already said, the main prob will be bolts shearing off on the downpipe side of things, but there's not alot you can do about that

i run a full decat, magnex downpipe + c/section with angled vortex b/box. nice and loud