ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Oh well...

Search this Thread

Old 15 September 2005, 07:38 PM
Scoobyslammed
Scooby Regular

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts
Unhappy Poorly Sti...£££

Well had the car for 2 months, all was going well until monday, had fun driving down to Trax the other weekend etc... Been loving the power & Anti-lag...
But unfortunatley monday it developed a slight tapping sort of noise... so parked it up now, hopefully caught it early as it has turned out to be noisey bottom end bearings... not good... still runs/ drives... but only noisy under load...
Abit gutted really, as me mate that had it before the previous owner spent near 10K on engine work, and mods etc... last sept... It had bottom end rebuild, bigger turbo, anti-lag, Gems ecu and Re-mapped, the list goes on...
Oh well, been on the phone to TEG SPORT who did the work... unfortunatley not under warrenty, but have said they will sort me out a good price....
So, gonna get the bearings replaced (again), maybe crank if needed???
Also gonna have a few other bits done while its all apart...
which will include: Headwork, HKS down pipe, headers, bigger injectors, and FMIC... and the R/R set up...
It's gonna be off the road for a couple of months but hopefully will be worth the wait...
Gonna get a run around at weekend, unfortunatley its looking like its gonna be a 1.2 corsa... L-reg for £300 quid... cheap as chips... £300 quid insurance...
In a way i'll be glad to keep it off the road in winter, as its abit of a animal, but will come back better than ever...

Last edited by Scoobyslammed; 19 September 2005 at 11:30 PM.
Old 15 September 2005, 07:46 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this the black Type R that was running 400bhp.
Old 15 September 2005, 07:48 PM
Scoobyslammed
Scooby Regular

... If its the Black Sti wrx ver 4 with gold wheels on and Brembos up front... yep... R-reg... Doh!!!
Old 15 September 2005, 11:13 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scoobyslammed
... If its the Black Sti wrx ver 4 with gold wheels on and Brembos up front... yep... R-reg... Doh!!!
Yeah I remember the pictures you posted, glad you changing the Intercooler, 400bhp on the standard intercooler, must have been detting like mad.
Hope you get it sorted mate, sounds like its going to be a even bigger beast when finished.
Old 18 September 2005, 11:13 PM
Scoobyslammed
Scooby Regular

Cool

Anyone give me any advise on it??? With the bottom end bearings ratteling so soon ( 12 months ) after a rebuild with alot of uprated bits... been told the crank will want re-grinding by Teg-motorsport... obviously won't deffo know until the engine is stripped, but been told by someone else it ain't a good idea on the imprezas, and a new crank will be needed???
If so whats a new one gonna cost and where from...?
I dunno,... I trust the guys down a Teg, they sorted my gearbox on my UK2000, and up until now, the car has been spot on, pulls like a bas**rd???
Should I just leave it in Teg's hands, as they know the car and have done all the work previously??? And let them do all the work?££££
Or do I DIY the block, change the bearings and crank myself, then get someone polish and gas flow the heads? Build it all back up with the new down pipe, headers, injectors, and FMIC etc... then take it to them for mapping???

Anyway, Gonna start buying some of the bits now cheap... leave engine in the car for a few weeks to build some money up... at least the money will then be there to do it right...
Once its all built up with all the extras, gotta run it in for 500 miles ish, then Teg want is back to set up on the R/R... It's got a Gems ECU on, so they have said a guy named Steve Simpson??? will map it...

Got my Corsa now to run around in... might save for the wheels too while off the road... bring it back out beginning of next year?
Old 19 September 2005, 06:54 PM
Scoobyslammed
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

bttt... anyone?