Sponsored by:

SVA Test Centres?

Search this Thread

Old 15 September 2005, 11:59 AM
RobBooth
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SVA Test Centres?

I'm about to submit my SVA application form, just need to sort out the model report and that's it.

My local testing centre (Newcastle) seems OTT strict. I know there are guidlines to follow but in terms of lea-way the guy gives nothing at all.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has any experience of Newcastle as against other centres....are *cough* other centres better?

I don't mind travelling if its gonna save me a kick in the ***** that the Newcastle guy tend to deliver.

Cheers,

Rob.
Old 15 September 2005, 12:32 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

If I were considering travelling to the Midlands; Id be looking at Derby rather than Nottingham.....

Simon
Old 16 September 2005, 06:21 PM
oscarprezza
Scooby Regular

if u have prep'd it correctly it will go through no bother, and a retest is only thirty notes, my sti v3 failed the firt time due to dash illumination cos the dash lighting fuse had blown and also the rear numberplate illumination, u also have to weigh up the fuel costs if u take it else where for the esva, the dudes at wideopen r quite strict, but fair ! they r after all putting there name and rep on the line and only ensuring that the car is up to standard for our roads (for the day of the test anyway, till u put the fat pipe on remove the dangly fog light etc), my friends and i have always used newcastle esva test centre so have no experience of any where else, i would just go for it, u only learn by ya mistakes as the saying goes good luck
Old 16 September 2005, 07:30 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

im from newcastle but im going to get mine done at liverpool sva testing station, i was given the no from model reports.com and the test centre has everything needed to get the car thru its test and registered they quoted me £2k for everything needed to drive the car away road legal which i think will be easier . if you are getting a model report for your car it will have to adhere to everything in the report otherwise it will fail
Old 16 September 2005, 08:23 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by oscarprezza
if u have prep'd it correctly it will go through no bother, and a retest is only thirty notes, my sti v3 failed the firt time due to dash illumination cos the dash lighting fuse had blown and also the rear numberplate illumination, u also have to weigh up the fuel costs if u take it else where for the esva, the dudes at wideopen r quite strict, but fair ! they r after all putting there name and rep on the line and only ensuring that the car is up to standard for our roads (for the day of the test anyway, till u put the fat pipe on remove the dangly fog light etc), my friends and i have always used newcastle esva test centre so have no experience of any where else, i would just go for it, u only learn by ya mistakes as the saying goes good luck
This isnt really the case; theres a noticable difference between test centres Im afraid.
Old 16 September 2005, 08:53 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

will it make a difference to an sva test if you bolt on different exterior mods such as aftermarket front bumpers and a carbon bonnet ????? as im unsure what the sva tes is for!!!
Old 16 September 2005, 09:25 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Carlisle would be preferable to Gosforth/Newcastle.
Old 19 September 2005, 09:45 PM
RobBooth
Scooby Regular

I've heard Carlisle was a better bet than Newcastle too.

The only thing I'm potentially worried about is driving it over to carlisle to have it fail on the same things as it would in Newcastle and then having to go all the way back again! (

Ordered the model report today so I need to make a decision in the next day or so.....

Cheers,

Rob.