Sponsored by:

Scott Lowe Flaps Fitting Question

Search this Thread

Old 11 September 2005, 09:36 AM
lordretsudo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scott Lowe Flaps Fitting Question

A quick question for anyone who's fitted Scott Lowe mudflaps to their Scooby: is it necessary to drill holes in the car in order to fit them, or do they utilise the holes that are there already for the side skirts? I'd be putting them on a 53 reg STI, and I'd prefer not to have to alter the car in any way in case I change my mind about them.

Thanks for any advice :-)
Old 11 September 2005, 09:55 AM
wakeboardar
Scooby Regular

i had to drill one hole in my 04 sti, no damage and not on view though
Old 11 September 2005, 10:33 AM
KeithRS
Scooby Regular

The rear flaps require one hole to be drilled each to mont the bracket to. This is on the inner part of the rear flap assembly. The front require two each, just drill a small hole to allow the self tapper to get a start. These are for the angled part of the front flap that sits behind the wheel so to speak, and are not really noticable. With the scott lowe kit you should also receive a tube of waxoyl to coat the drilled holes to give them some waterproofing. I was weary about drilling into my 2 month old car too, trust me, it's mot that hard a job and well worth it. I also reckon that if you decide to take them off at a later date then the holes could be filled with some underseal and after a weeks driving they would never be noticed.

Go for it, you wont be disappointed.
Old 11 September 2005, 11:53 AM
snerkler
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by KeithRS
The rear flaps require one hole to be drilled each to mont the bracket to. This is on the inner part of the rear flap assembly. The front require two each, just drill a small hole to allow the self tapper to get a start. These are for the angled part of the front flap that sits behind the wheel so to speak, and are not really noticable. With the scott lowe kit you should also receive a tube of waxoyl to coat the drilled holes to give them some waterproofing. I was weary about drilling into my 2 month old car too, trust me, it's mot that hard a job and well worth it. I also reckon that if you decide to take them off at a later date then the holes could be filled with some underseal and after a weeks driving they would never be noticed.

Go for it, you wont be disappointed.
As above. It is scary to drill your car but you can't see it as tucked well into the wheelaarch.