Sponsored by:

Ebay thief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04 September 2005, 03:09 AM
anthscooby01
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay thief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bought a STI type UK intercooler off Ebay two weeks ago for £140 and paid by cheque a day later. No intercooler has arrived and no reply to my numerous Emails to seller asking whats going on. Guy is a conman. Thought it was a bit underpriced. Seller is Richard9789
Old 04 September 2005, 03:36 AM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

sorry to hear this, i had same problem (loads more money) months ago. FLEEBAY is getting worse day by day.

Best Of Luck
Old 04 September 2005, 10:03 AM
Julz1983
Scooby Regular

I've just searched e bay to find members, and put in Richard9789 and this is what I got

User not yet confirmed

The User ID richard9789 is not a registered eBay user. Please go back and try again. Make sure you are not using any uppercase characters or allowing blank space before or after or in the UserID.
Old 04 September 2005, 10:07 AM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

If I'm paying for something fairly expensive on eBay, say over £50, I pay by PayPal. PayPal allows you to claim back for three 'frauds' a year, so if the goods don't turn up or have been mis-sold, your covered.

Also, if you register a credit card with PayPal, (as opposed to a debit card), you have some recourse with the credit card company if you are ripped off. I think you are covered by their fraud protections schemes, the same as if you had your card skimmed, or were ripped off buying from an online store.
Old 04 September 2005, 10:10 AM
mmmiddy
Scooby Regular

I tried the search too, have you got the item number?
Old 04 September 2005, 10:15 AM
willfal
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Trap2Terrorist
If I'm paying for something fairly expensive on eBay, say over £50, I pay by PayPal. PayPal allows you to claim back for three 'frauds' a year, so if the goods don't turn up or have been mis-sold, your covered.

Also, if you register a credit card with PayPal, (as opposed to a debit card), you have some recourse with the credit card company if you are ripped off. I think you are covered by their fraud protections schemes, the same as if you had your card skimmed, or were ripped off buying from an online store.
not so..... only if the person your buying the stuff from has registered with paypal for buyer protection, otherwise you will get paypals standard amount back.................. £2.50 yip thats right!!!!

the rest must be clawed back from the seller, and if the paypal account is empty then there is nothing paypal can do for you.

Will
Old 04 September 2005, 10:31 AM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by willfal
the rest must be clawed back from the seller, and if the paypal account is empty then there is nothing paypal can do for you.

Will
My undertsanding is that as long as the seller has a card registered with their PayPal account (which they have to) PayPal will reimburse you the cost of the transaction and will recover it from the seller, either from their account or from their card......
Old 04 September 2005, 10:40 AM
willfal
Scooby Regular

i have recienty just had a fight with paypal as i bought a boost guage and paid via paypal. the guage arrived with a manufactors defect which i reported to the seller yet he refused to refund me.

i reported it to paypal and they could only give their standard 2.50 back as the seller had cleared out the funds in his account and did not offer buyer protection.

Will
Old 04 September 2005, 12:55 PM
anthscooby01
Scooby Regular

Got the scammers ID wrong. It is richardf9798 and item number is 7993843956. Still no replies to my Emails so I reckon a knock on his door may be in order!!
Old 04 September 2005, 12:59 PM
flat4_ire
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by anthscooby01
Got the scammers ID wrong. It is richardf9798 and item number is 7993843956. Still no replies to my Emails so I reckon a knock on his door may be in order!!
try find out where he lives, knock the head off him
Old 04 September 2005, 04:16 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

I know I'mstating the obvious but I take it the cheque has cleared and the funds gone from your account? If not, cancel the cheque.
Old 04 September 2005, 04:19 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

this bloke that you mention, Richard9789 he first registered in the united states.

where did you send the cheque? presume you have his address? name and shame with address, im sure there are people on here from his location presuming hes not from the states.

jamo
Old 04 September 2005, 07:26 PM
highlander68k
Scooby Regular

I know I'mstating the obvious but I take it the cheque has cleared and the funds gone from your account? If not, cancel the cheque.
My thoughts exactly. Also consider that the cheque has not arrived (It's happened to me recently), people are also Ill etc.

I hope it works out for you.
Old 05 September 2005, 09:17 AM
Maylee
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that info, i bought a phone 3 weeks ago by paypal and when i tried to registered it, it has been reported lost of stolen so was barred. I contacted the buyer and he promised to pay me back but I have not heard anything since.. Im emigrating to Australia in a week so need this sorted as it cost 80.00

Mx
Old 05 September 2005, 08:13 PM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

Always look at a sellers feedback first and look at what he or she has sold in the past,he or she may have bought and sold loads of small value items(1p) to get a good feedback rating and then go for the kill with a big priced item rip off.. And dont forget the golden rule Ebay is only a method of putting buyers and sellers together and you should treat every transaction as though you are at a car boot sale here today gone tomorow
powerman
Old 05 September 2005, 09:36 PM
gotmashed
Scooby Regular

Angry

i was robed of £800 for my back account due to bidpay due to ebay still not got it back
Old 05 September 2005, 09:51 PM
Ninnybobs
Scooby Regular

Anth,

It may be a little early to jump to conclusions.

If the item finished on the 19th August and you posted the cheque the next day, it then may have taken a couple of days to arrive. If the seller waits for the cheque to clear (poss 7 working days) and this included 2 weekends, you are already upto 13 days from the end of auction.

Now, if the seller hates packaging items up (like I do) it may take a couple of days for despatch. Then a couple of days to arrive by parcel post

Hey Presto......... it will arrive tomorrow.

Or am I just looking through 'rose coloured spectacles'.

Good luck anyway

Martin
Old 05 September 2005, 09:57 PM
scg
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by willfal
i reported it to paypal and they could only give their standard 2.50 back as the seller had cleared out the funds in his account and did not offer buyer protection.

Will
I think you're right. I think the seller has to be 'verified' before they offer the protection. I recently became verified as they only let you do a certain amount of transactions before you need to do this. I'm guessing if the guy is a rip off merchant he's unregistered and the Paypal guarantee isn't valid.