Sponsored by:

Isle of Man

Search this Thread

Old 05 September 2005, 02:41 PM
G4RUD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Isle of Man

I'm taking my Scoob over to the Isle of Man a week on Thursday for a few days. What are peoples favourite parts of the island for driving? Also, any recommendations for places to eat? And do the roads show up on Tom Tom 3?

Cheers,

Graham
Old 05 September 2005, 06:27 PM
chrisT.O.T.B.
Scooby Regular

Ramsey to Douglas on the TT course is fantastic and the best bit of the circuit i think, but avoid doing it between 4-5pm as it gets busy heading back into douglas. early morning or late evening is ace!
loads of decent pubs etc dotted around the island, as you are driving about.
be careful on the town sections with the posted speed limits, the police do have frequent speed camera traps just within the limit area. once out of those areas you can then relax and concentrate on driving !
Old 05 September 2005, 06:52 PM
G4RUD
Scooby Regular

Nice! I look forward to it. I've been to the island a few times before but this is the first in my car. Are there many scoobs about? I saw a few last year.
Old 05 September 2005, 07:22 PM
chrisT.O.T.B.
Scooby Regular

we went in july as a group in cars, had some great runs over the mountain course. one chap came with us in an sti8, i was very impressed with it to be honest for a std car (other than prodrive springs). some of the locals have nice quick cars so you should see some out and about!
Old 05 September 2005, 10:13 PM
mark@wrx
Scooby Regular

I went over for the International rally recently. Its the first time i'd taken a proper car instead of "pootling" about in a diesel chase car
Head up to Andreas, there are some awesome roads around there, and they're slightly off the beaten track. Also go over the B10 road from the top of the TT course towards Sartfield. Thats a famous bit thats used on the rallies and has some rather large jumps in it!
There are lots of good scenic areas as well like the Point of Ayre. OK you go past the rubbish dump but theres a couple of scenic looking lighthouses. The road down th ewest coast to Peel and Port Erin is pretty good too.