Sponsored by:

Upgrade help wanted..

Search this Thread

Old 21 August 2005, 05:44 PM
soldierscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Upgrade help wanted..

I have a MY53 WRX...totally standard at moment. Due to impending house purchase money is tight but want to do something to improve the sound! Is it possible to buy the PPP back box seperatley? Having spoke to the Subaru dealer i bought the car new from he suggested the WR Sport backbox..is this the same or different? Does it sound better? Any performance boost?
Cheers if someone can help me on this.
Old 21 August 2005, 06:05 PM
jay666
Scooby Newbie

depends how mutch you can afford mate .
back box will do fck all, cat back system will sound loads better plus release a few horses.if you can afford it de cat it will make loads of difference.
if youve got no dollers stick a blitz nur spec-r back box on sounds cool but wont give you any performance increase.
IFYOUVE GOT NO MONEY AT ALL YOU SHOULDENT BE RUNNING A SCOOB ANY WAY!
Old 21 August 2005, 06:11 PM
MrDBM
Scooby Regular

a new backbox will do a lot to improve your sound, although not much in terms of performance. (negligable)

If you want out and out sound, then go for Blitz or similar, along with a new decat centre section or something. If you want an improvement, but don't want rally-stage like sound, then just go for a nicer BB without the CS for now. (they are modular of course, you can do them in any order you like)

So, if you want just the sound improvement for now, then go for something like a Magnex perhaps. They look good (nice rolled lip etc) and they improve the sound no end.

I had a Power Engineering BB on my classic, which gave it a way deeper, more pronounced burble - all in all best mod (only really!) I ever did. Sounded awesome on idle, and even better on full chat.

Check out either the Magnex or Power Engineering websites for details and prices.
Old 21 August 2005, 06:13 PM
soldierscooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jay666
depends how mutch you can afford mate .
back box will do fck all, cat back system will sound loads better plus release a few horses.if you can afford it de cat it will make loads of difference.
if youve got no dollers stick a blitz nur spec-r back box on sounds cool but wont give you any performance increase.
IFYOUVE GOT NO MONEY AT ALL YOU SHOULDENT BE RUNNING A SCOOB ANY WAY!
when you are buying a £200000 house with a £30000 deposit i would like to say i have some money! But i take it from your attitudeon your reply, which i was thankfull for till the last sentence(!), is that you are not married and im sure other "other halves!" will understand, to say to the wife "i fancy buying something for the car...." when in the process of buying a house doesnt go down too well...so im trying to appease her by not going over the top!!!
Old 21 August 2005, 06:23 PM
Mister_DJ
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by soldierscooby
I have a MY53 WRX...totally standard at moment. Due to impending house purchase money is tight but want to do something to improve the sound! Is it possible to buy the PPP back box seperatley? Having spoke to the Subaru dealer i bought the car new from he suggested the WR Sport backbox..is this the same or different? Does it sound better? Any performance boost?

How about a scoobyworld Ninja Cat back with a panel filter? Should give you small boost. It won't break the bank and has a nice sound too.

DJ.
Old 21 August 2005, 06:32 PM
jay666
Scooby Newbie

when you are buying a £200000 house with a £30000 deposit i would like to say i have some money! But i take it from your attitudeon your reply, which i was thankfull for till the last sentence(!), is that you are not married and im sure other "other halves!" will understand, to say to the wife "i fancy buying something for the car...." when in the process of buying a house doesnt go down too well...so im trying to appease her by not going over the top!!!
actually i am married and with a kid ,mate i didnt mean to offend but these cars take a lot of mony to keep.people buy these cars and get fcked when they cant afford to mod them .
any mod that includes a de-cat will meen a re-map which is AT LEAST! 700 quid plus 75 quid an hour rolling road time,IF YOU WANT TO MOD MAKE SURE YOUVE GOT PLENTY OF CASH!!
Old 21 August 2005, 06:33 PM
catmeat
Scooby Regular

Keep an eye on the for sale section theres always bk boxes 4 sale,u might pick up a decat centre and bk box for the price of a new bk box,if money is tight theres some bargains to be had,also e bay is worth a look.
Old 21 August 2005, 06:36 PM
catmeat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jay666
actually i am married and with a kid ,mate i didnt mean to offend but these cars take a lot of mony to keep.people buy these cars and get fcked when they cant afford to mod them .
any mod that includes a de-cat will meen a re-map which is AT LEAST! 700 quid plus 75 quid an hour rolling road time,IF YOU WANT TO MOD MAKE SURE YOUVE GOT PLENTY OF CASH!!
I decated my wrx my01 with no remap,was fine,also have decat centre and bk box on my classic with no remap,but will remap when i decat fully
Old 21 August 2005, 06:41 PM
soldierscooby
Scooby Regular

Jay
cheers for reply...wasnt meant to have a go, but i just want to do something now to the sound and go all out when the warranty runs out later on.
Old 21 August 2005, 06:58 PM
remfanuk
Scooby Regular

i wasnt of the impression that centre decat meant a remap was in order.
Old 21 August 2005, 07:42 PM
jay666
Scooby Newbie

Jay
cheers for reply...wasnt meant to have a go, but i just want to do something now to the sound and go all out when the warranty runs out later on.
no worries the best mods for money can buy is to fullly de-cat, with an aps cold air induction. but if you add the induction you will DEFINATLY need a re map.this will give you around 50 bhp extra.
Old 21 August 2005, 07:45 PM
jay666
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by remfanuk
i wasnt of the impression that centre decat meant a remap was in order.
not always no but if you combine with an induction kit ,it definatly will.the rule of thumb is nearly any mod will need a remap if it alters the air fuel ratio.