Sponsored by:

Just been pulled by the cops.

Search this Thread

Old 04 August 2005, 12:18 AM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just been pulled by the cops.

Just come back from picking my dad up from the pub and was heading home, When I saw the blue flashing lights come on a Black undercover Mondeo ST220, I expected the worse as I had my TV Screen Headunit on and my exhaust is on the loud side, and I accelearted pretty quick from the traffic lights. I opened the window with about a million excuses going through my head, and the copper comes over, and nice as anything, "alright mate" asked me my name and if the car was registered in my name etc, and to tell me that Subaru Impreza are targeted by thieves and that I should be careful where I leave my keys at night,

Dont know if its me, but Ive had this conversation about 5 times with Police when ive been pulled over in 2 years Ive owned a Impreza, I know there doing there job and are telling me for my best intentions, but I realise this when I bought the car, and that it is the sort of car that is targeted by thieves.

But at least the copper was polite, and he didnt do me for having the TV on or doing a Santa Pod start from the lights.
Old 04 August 2005, 12:35 AM
dexter
Scooby Regular

Just to briefly explain how it works mate (and I`m not trying to patronizing here)

If the cop gets behind you, it becomes part of his job to check if your car`s stolen, so he`ll probably check it out on the Police National Computer.

Unfortunately, there are various reasons why, even if your car had been nicked, that it would not yet be recorded as a stolen on PNC, and the cop knows this, but he is given the keeper`s details anyway.

So even if it`s not shown stolen on PNC, it doesn`t always mean that it isn`t, so he`ll "pull you" to establish this.

As soon as he lights you up from behind he gets his answer,because the car aint going to stop if it`s stolen, obviously.

However, because your car wasn`t nicked, and you stopped, he`s then got to give you a reason as to why he`s flashed you to stop, which he did.

Unfortunately mate, it`s the good old world we live in, and one of the unfortunate consequences of driving something highly desirable.

Hope I`ve not sounded patronizing, and have made things a bit clearer.

Take care.
Old 04 August 2005, 12:36 AM
greenlightracer
Scooby Regular

Ive not long had my silver classic and i'm just waiting to get pulled , not as yet though which is good i guess its good he didnt get you on anything but it must get annoying them sating the obviuos all the time!

Last edited by greenlightracer; 04 August 2005 at 12:38 AM.
Old 04 August 2005, 12:42 AM
BedHog
Scooby Regular

Got pulled once in 18 months. Same thing, routine check - and it was 5am so I suppose fair enough. Copper was polite and brief, no probs at all. I would much rather they did this than stand about with speed guns...........
Old 04 August 2005, 12:45 AM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

To be honest the copper was nice as pie, and he explained straight away why he pulled me over etc, and like you say I didnt burn off from him, so he realised that the car was not stolen, and I dont mind being pulled over cause if my car had been stolen, I would be more then happy they stopped it on the off chance.

But I wanted to know how many people on here have been pulled over by police and have had the same thing said to them about there car being targeted by thieves, I never got pulled once in my Audi TT but pulled 4 times before it in my Classic scooby and now once in my newage WRX,

My mate has a BMW X5 which he has owned for about 3 years and I read somewhere that the most stolen car, for someone to break into your house for the car keys was a BMW X5, and he has never been stopped once by the police.
Old 04 August 2005, 12:51 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

same with me, once in a year. Not problem, didnt even make me pull over, came next to me at lights, checked my key where there and Tax and then ****ed off, I'm more than happy for him to do that once a week if it stops me getting my car nicked
Old 04 August 2005, 12:55 AM
dexter
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1
To be honest the copper was nice as pie, and he explained straight away why he pulled me over etc, and like you say I didnt burn off from him, so he realised that the car was not stolen, and I dont mind being pulled over cause if my car had been stolen, I would be more then happy they stopped it on the off chance.

But I wanted to know how many people on here have been pulled over by police and have had the same thing said to them about there car being targeted by thieves, I never got pulled once in my Audi TT but pulled 4 times before it in my Classic scooby and now once in my newage WRX,

My mate has a BMW X5 which he has owned for about 3 years and I read somewhere that the most stolen car, for someone to break into your house for the car keys was a BMW X5, and he has never been stopped once by the police.
The difference here is that stuff like the TT and the BMW X5 are likely to be stolen to order, as is the Scooby.

The Scooby, however, is probably the only one of the three that the thieves are likely to go for a razz in, before they leave it with the buyer who is looking to sell it on.

Make sense ?
Old 04 August 2005, 12:45 PM
Power Junkie
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have not been pulled in over 2 years of scooby driving, still waiting for it to happen
Old 04 August 2005, 01:15 PM
pete1977
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dexter
The difference here is that stuff like the TT and the BMW X5 are likely to be stolen to order, as is the Scooby.

The Scooby, however, is probably the only one of the three that the thieves are likely to go for a razz in, before they leave it with the buyer who is looking to sell it on.

Make sense ?
Yeah,your right .Who wants to go for a razz in an x5?not me.And who wants to be SEEN in a TT?LOL
Old 04 August 2005, 01:18 PM
WRXPete
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=scoobyboy1]But I wanted to know how many people on here have been pulled over by police and have had the same thing said to them about there car being targeted by thieves, I never got pulled once in my Audi TT but pulled 4 times before it in my Classic scooby and now once in my newage WRXQUOTE]

Because Imprezas are used to commit all manner of crimes...this is the police doing what YOU the public want...getting proactive against crime and making it hard for the criminals to operate, instead of just turning up when you call to say your pride and joy has gone and telling you there's not a lot we can do about it until the car turns up a burnt out shell.....you want the police to reduce crime, this is the best way....you can't have it both ways, i know which way i'd prefer.

Not having a go by the way
Old 04 August 2005, 01:31 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Only been pulled over 4 times in as many years. 1st time was my fault and the coppers were friendly enough.

2nd and 3rd time was the only 2 times I've dropped a mate off at his house. Got followed out of the estate both times on random checks. I enquired what would have happend if I didnt stop and the reply was:

"not much. No chance of keeping up with or catching you"

4th time, spotted a copper giving it some on the backroads for his own lesuire and I had some fun with it lets say Pulled me over when I 'passed' him. Got some bluffing from him and it was 'on your way'. He didnt have a leg to stand on.

Cops always friendly enough, but not worth reporting any crimes to unless you need a crime number. That includes serious crimes too.

Bob
Old 04 August 2005, 01:43 PM
Big scoob
Scooby Regular

not been touched by the said nice police man or sexy woman have been driving my uk turbo for 18 months now
Old 04 August 2005, 01:47 PM
MadMark
Scooby Regular

Fair play to the copper - I mean if you "drive it like you stole it" off the lights - it's GOT to be worth checking you out!

Only times I have even been stopped are when I have been doing huge speeds and the very nice gentlemen have merely cautioned me!
Old 04 August 2005, 02:32 PM
Francesca.
Scooby Regular

Location: If there's a bright center to the universe, I'm in the place that is farthest from.

Originally Posted by MadMark
Fair play to the copper - I mean if you "drive it like you stole it" off the lights - it's GOT to be worth checking you out!

Only times I have even been stopped are when I have been doing huge speeds and the very nice gentlemen have merely cautioned me!
I think the worst I've had so far is a Policeman winding down his window as he passed me at the traffic lights to tell me that my fog lights were on (d'oh) - he then looked her up and down and said "nice car" before driving away.

If that's the worst thing that happens to me then I'm happy!

F