Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Impreza S203..Can we sell it in UK?

Search this Thread

Old 29 July 2005, 06:43 AM
Syms PWRC
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Impreza S203..Can we sell it in UK?

I would like to hear your opinions on the S203 and whether in the following circumstances brand new cars can be imported into the UK.

We have a brand new car (direct from the factory) that has never been registered anywhere, in our Belgium workshop (In the blue colour), and we are advised that another may be arriving in the near future.

Obviously the car or cars will be for sale eventually but can anyone tell me whether in their unregistered state someone can import it or them into the UK?

Many thanks

Howard
Old 29 July 2005, 06:47 AM
rb5ban91r
Scooby Regular

I would assume it is the same for car manufacturers so to speak. the car is'nt registered until sold ?

I.e registered to owner that is..

i'l try to find out more on this
Old 29 July 2005, 06:49 AM
Syms PWRC
Scooby Newbie

thanks

H
Old 29 July 2005, 09:26 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

You can import whatever you like, but registering it for sale is a different matter. E-SVA isnt an issue if the car is a 'personal import', Im not sure that it can be though as its unregistered (has to be owned/registered for six months), but you will only be able to import one of them this way anyway. If its considered to be a 'commercial import' which virtually all imported cars are, then you are going to have to fund a Model Report in order to complete the E-SVA approval which is likely to be uneconomical. In this circumstance Id get the car registered in Cyprus and then quickly import it to England. Contact the DVLA in Swansea and theyll be able to tell you how many miles the car can have recorded and how long after initial registration it can still be registered as new here.

Simon
Old 29 July 2005, 10:35 AM
Syms PWRC
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by GC8
You can import whatever you like, but registering it for sale is a different matter. E-SVA isnt an issue if the car is a 'personal import', Im not sure that it can be though as its unregistered (has to be owned/registered for six months), but you will only be able to import one of them this way anyway. If its considered to be a 'commercial import' which virtually all imported cars are, then you are going to have to fund a Model Report in order to complete the E-SVA approval which is likely to be uneconomical. In this circumstance Id get the car registered in Cyprus and then quickly import it to England. Contact the DVLA in Swansea and theyll be able to tell you how many miles the car can have recorded and how long after initial registration it can still be registered as new here.

Simon
Thanks for that but the car is in Belgium and cannot therefore be registered here in Cyprus.

It is the intention eventually, that the company sell the vehicle on...I am not even sure how we ended up with the car/poss cars anyway other than our Japanese parent company has very close links to Subaru Japan. (Metal part/body part supplier to Subaru)

I would love the car but my boss is not that generous and it will be out of my personal price range.

Most of the team are in Finland for the next WRC round so I will e mail and find out a few more details from them re reg in Belgium maybe.....or find a way into the UK.Legit of course.

any other advice gratefully received.

H
Old 29 July 2005, 01:06 PM
leonpoole
Scooby Regular

Refugee's get into this country easy enough, why is it so hard for a bloody car too
Old 29 July 2005, 01:23 PM
Bartop
Scooby Regular

Litchfields were offering them but as far as I know none have made it into this country although I'm sure plenty of people would love one

Put me down for a couple if you can get them in

Trending Topics

Old 29 July 2005, 01:40 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

You may be able to have the approval testing done in Belgium, it might be easier due to the car being right hand drive, as a left hand drive car is for us. Ferrying it back to Cyprus and registering it/them there and then transporting them directly to England to register as a new vehicle is your best bet though.

As I have already explained, there is no way that you can register the car here unless you fund the necessary comparison tests. You have to decide whether the cost, possibly shared over two vehicles will be worthwhile; theres a chance that you will be able to rent it out in the future, but people will only considering importing these cars (used; in future) if they know that you are prepared to hire out the Model Report, so make sure its well known.

Simon
Old 29 July 2005, 04:34 PM
Syms PWRC
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by GC8
You may be able to have the approval testing done in Belgium, it might be easier due to the car being right hand drive, as a left hand drive car is for us. Ferrying it back to Cyprus and registering it/them there and then transporting them directly to England to register as a new vehicle is your best bet though.

As I have already explained, there is no way that you can register the car here unless you fund the necessary comparison tests. You have to decide whether the cost, possibly shared over two vehicles will be worthwhile; theres a chance that you will be able to rent it out in the future, but people will only considering importing these cars (used; in future) if they know that you are prepared to hire out the Model Report, so make sure its well known.

Simon
thanks Simon,

Have contacted DVLA etc and asked advice and also checking in Belgium but cannot do that until 8/9th August. Will advise what we find out.

H
Old 29 July 2005, 04:38 PM
Syms PWRC
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Bartop
Litchfields were offering them but as far as I know none have made it into this country although I'm sure plenty of people would love one

Put me down for a couple if you can get them in
Sorry Bartop,

did the replies in the wrong order......

Well one is already sitting there........if you want it!!!!!!

don't know price yet as waiting for the boss and info as to how we can sell it. But more importantly how anyone in UK can buy it.

If you know the answer its yours for the taking.

regards
h