Sponsored by:

Scooby friendly site

Search this Thread

Old 15 August 2000, 05:22 PM
NickPM
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Scoobysite drivers and moderators,

**I have posted this on your main bulletin page as I believe your members will benefit.

Our friends at XR Owners Club website suggested we should say hello to you, as we are trying to get our site of the ground.

RichJ and Stuart from XROC have won some free gear, and we have another 7 free comps every week already lined up.

We are building our site on being very club friendly and look forward to building good relationships in the future.

Please come and have a look round. We would love to see some scooby drivers around.

Yours
NickPM
Old 15 August 2000, 05:23 PM
NickPM
Scooby Regular

sorry, forgot the url
Old 15 August 2000, 05:30 PM
lordlucan
Scooby Regular

Hmmm its all under construction....
Old 15 August 2000, 05:34 PM
NickPM
Scooby Regular

yeh, we have only been up since june 1st, and reconstruction is finalised for next week.
The main thing I wanted to introduce is the BB, with the free comps. Just have to register, thats all. Just hit the new member button on the left.
Sorry, didn't mean it to be misleading.
Thanks for takin the time to check it out.
Nick
Old 15 August 2000, 05:43 PM
NickPM
Scooby Regular

..there are some pretty hefty plans to look after the scooby drivers in the near future.

I'll mail the moderator to see if it's OK to keep you all up to date with progress.

Really good bulletin board here by the way, top notch.
Old 15 August 2000, 08:48 PM
Stef
Scooby Regular

Wahay! More Fords to bombard!

Stef.
Old 15 August 2000, 10:42 PM
Hos
Scooby Regular

BB - Big Breakfast?
Only joking... good luck with it all

PS- Your bbs will not beat Scoobynet
PPS- Is that free advertising?
PPPS- Only joking there aswell
PPPPS- Do you have a real catalogue? real showroom? Are you abit like Demon-tweaks?
PPPPPS- Do you have any tuning parts for an Impreza Sport?
PPPPPPS- I apologise for all the PPS's above

[This message has been edited by Hos (edited 15 August 2000).]

Trending Topics

Old 16 August 2000, 09:47 AM
NickPM
Scooby Regular

Talking

heheh - there will be burnt rubber at dawn with the Ford crew! Then there's the VW owners who don't like Fords, then theres Ford owners who don't like VW owners...

I love it!
I really didn't mean to start world war three, honest

I also love these Owners Club sites, nice folk. I went to a couple of 'no-names' fat cat publishing house sites and they seem to collect all the dregs, who like to give you as much s++t as possible for no reason.

Its a bit of a fine line when it comes to wanting to get your name about, but not offending anyone. Yes, we will soon have secure online sales for Scoobies, I let you know nearer the time.

Like your diplomatic style Hos! You should be a laywer.

Oh, by the way, one thing I forgot to mention is that you have to post within three weeks of the competition to be included for the competition. The next five weeks is a free Pipercross Induction Kit, to fit Scooby if req. so pop in. Nought to loose
Old 16 August 2000, 09:50 AM
NickPM
Scooby Regular

bit misleading that, comps are each week..
Old 16 August 2000, 01:48 PM
lordlucan
Scooby Regular

Thanks for replying Nick

Good luck with the site, i will check back in a few weeks, and b4 u ask I did register !

Regards
Jason
Old 16 August 2000, 02:45 PM
NickPM
Scooby Regular

Talking

top bloke!
Pass the word round
Nick thinks to himself (I wonder if thats the REAL Lord Lucan)?

Old 16 August 2000, 03:24 PM
Hos
Scooby Regular

Smile

I registered tooo btw

Aren't the topics abit muddled up?

Ian
Old 16 August 2000, 03:45 PM
NickPM
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Ahhh, your making me happy, happy, happy!!

The site is all over the place at the moment, but we are working full time on the revamp which is not quite so cheesy and much more logical content

Not doing ourselves any favours but we thought it better to have something rather than nought.

Comp No 8 is being drawn tommorrow after 12 noon for the Pipercross Induction Kit. You have a week to claim by checking back and posting acceptance.
***We do have a new rule that only members who have posted 3 weeks prior to the comp will be entered. This is to promote a bit more activity and make it fairer for the proactive members.
So to everyone reading this message to win for free just register. It only takes a sec.

Thanks for all the Scoobynet support, and to the powers that be upstairs in the control room for letting us post. We look forward to introducing your cool site to other Subaru owners who haven't found your yet.

Old 18 August 2000, 01:27 PM
NickPM
Scooby Regular

we have a winner. woohhh 'it could be you...
Congrats to all the Scoobynet guys for gettin in there -

Nice to see you posting Hos.

PS we want to put a 8831 banner on our redesigned site to yours - is that ok?

Nick
Old 18 August 2000, 06:57 PM
Hos
Scooby Regular

Wink

Hiya,
No worries, looking forward to seeing the newer version when it gets put up from what Oog and phatford are saying
Ian

About the banner - you will have to ask the Webmaster about that one... He should see the post, but if he doesn't e-mail him on webmaster@scoobynet.co.uk
Old 19 August 2000, 08:50 PM
NickPM
Scooby Regular

Cheers Hos -
Just wondering, you wouldn't know of any places where Evo drivers and the likes hang out? I've been looking around for quite a while - have they got no home to go to??

P.S We had a great response last week and members went up by 15. Thanks everyone.

Nick
Old 20 August 2000, 12:23 PM
Hos
Scooby Regular

Smile

Yeah, try this link :
Old 21 August 2000, 01:48 PM
NickPM
Scooby Regular

Just to keep you up to date, site will be down thurs to put the new one up. We have put a 88 x 31 banner on our homepage for scoobynet, using your existing logo. Hope this is ok Comp still happening Friday as per normal.
Seya
PS found the Lancer site, cheers..
Old 25 August 2000, 10:07 AM
NickPM
Scooby Regular

Talking

we have just launched the new site .. lots of work gone into this puppy.
Please come and help us celebrate the launch by posting up for todays competition, PiperX kit, for a scoob if req .
Draw is at 12 noon. Everyone is welcome...
Cheers
NickPM
*we also have a poll which makes the Evo the best supercar...any comments..
Old 25 August 2000, 11:37 AM
munna
Scooby Regular

Cool

been to the affore mentioned site.....went to the flame room....it's good ....you get to slag off other people's car's...check it out...one dude there was saying that his modified XR2i was a SCOOBY SLAYER!!!!.....oh how I laughed off my comfy chair...Now every time I see an XR2i I think before I try to out run him/her..!!!!!????....but still a good site
Old 25 August 2000, 06:29 PM
NickPM
Scooby Regular

mucho thanks munna.

the flame room was a master stroke.....

say whatever you like and wait to be shot down in flames.

p.s to those scooby regulars who have registered we have a scooby winner in the competition this week......

who is it???

check out the competition section and post a reply before monday 12.00 to claim your prize if its you
Old 25 August 2000, 07:17 PM
Hos
Scooby Regular

Nick - Thankyou..
Ian

PS- the site looks fantastic

[This message has been edited by Hos (edited 25 August 2000).]
Old 31 August 2000, 04:24 PM
NickPM
Scooby Regular

Quick memo; competition No10 is being drawn Friday lunchtime at POTN. Well done to Hos who was our proud winner last friday, and our first Scooby member to win, which is cool. Everyone is welcome, and entry is free and easy, or just come and say hello.
Nick
Old 09 September 2000, 04:22 PM
NickPM
Scooby Regular

For the record, you can now reach us at
Old 10 September 2000, 06:15 AM
Hos
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Big suggestion Nick - Make a new topic for this post otherwise it shall get ignored.. people may have looked in the post once, but may decide they are not interested and missed a few of your last posts.

I lost you abit while reading your post, but after reading it twice it did make sense.
It is an important one, but for the people on these boards you have to give them something that they do not already have - which is hard. From what i've seen of POTN there is just so much potential waiting to happen and no doubt to my mind that if you guys keep working the way you are .. you will become very successful.

You may find it hard to attract people in the beginning , but that is because most marques have everything they need in one place such as Imprezas having Scoobynet, Scoobysport, and Scoobymania..etc. With the Scoobynet shop about to open that could cause problems for you attracting people.

You are correct with the comment on - you have to know where to look - I myself am an example. When i bought my Subaru, i wasn't told about SIDC (the official club) and if i was i didn't pay much attention at the time. I luckily stumbled across SIDC last year and from there i found Scoobynet (I can honestly say i would be lost without it).

Sites like POTN are terrific because you are not only building a community like Scoobynet and LTR , but you are building it around all marques and managing to keep it centred on whats needed , not whats not here.

You will in time get all the exposure you need and people will notice you if they haven't already - I did. I know for a fact you guys behind the scenes have alot of ideas to go even further than the usual.

The bloke "Tony" may not have anything to say to owners of other marques, but it gives you the opertunity to learn about other cars and find out all the details needed about what they are like and how they perform. A prime example is what is the Audi S3 like? If you drive an Impreza. If there wasn't someone who has one or driven one then you would have no insight on it.

You are fully correct on the comment "Could this be your next loyal member of LTR...? " No doubt most of the people on here owned something like a Pugeot before they got there Scoob and everyone starts out on something small. For instance i would have something like a Skyline if i could afford the car and insurance at this time in my life , no doubt when my career gets further down the line in a few years i will, but there is bound to be something bigger and better by then.

I know this post is a little skewiff.. but it is 6am on a Sunday morning but no doubt you get the general idea. Anyway keep up the good work,
Ian
Old 15 September 2000, 01:17 PM
NickPM
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that Hos. Only just managed to pick the post up, but had a read and I totally agree.
I'll continue this very soon, but busy as anything at the mo.
Cheers - I'll drop you a post soon
Just a quick reminder folks. Comp 12 has been draw. Also have a few Subaru lads in - not sure if all of them are Scoobynet members?? Take a moment to check Marts animations out -
very cool.
take it steady everyone. POTN