sport sounding like a turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 10 July 2005, 08:38 PM
kathryn_239
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question sport sounding like a turbo?

hi!

i am 19, and have been wanting an impreza turbo for ages. the first car i drove after passing my test was in impreza turbo, but this had to be sold for finance reasons. it wasnt insured in my name, hence being able to drive it!

after attempting some quotes in my own name, i have realised thet until i am at least 21, no one will touch me for insurance.

i heard a sport scooby the other day, and i have no idea what the lad had done to it, but it sounded better than some turbos that i have heard!

i was just wondering if anyone could tell me how to make a 2ltr sport sound like this, as one way round the insurance is to get the 2.0 and to make it look like a turbo! i have my eye on a ful set of seats and a bonnet, so also details of where i could get any other bits from would be useful too!

just need to know how to get it sounding like the one i heard!

thanks for reading, looking forward to the replies!

Kathryn
Old 10 July 2005, 09:02 PM
C 8HEP
Scooby Regular

im afraid you wont get a scooby sport to sound like a turbo. u can put a straight through exhaust on so its loud and get the burble. u will not the whistle from the turbo. that is close as ur gona get.

as for loks the only difference is the front bonnet scoop. go to a breakers or buy one and put it on ur sport.

insurance companys wont touch you but some will if you pay well over the odds
Old 10 July 2005, 09:13 PM
kathryn_239
Scooby Regular

i have got a quote for about 90 per month. i know that is probably the best i will get as i have never insured a car in my name.

i realise i wont get the whistle, it was the burble i wanted to achieve. the one i heard sounded amazing. what makes of exhaust would you suggest? i know that blitz is good.

thanks for your help
Old 10 July 2005, 09:20 PM
peachy wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kathryn_239
i have got a quote for about 90 per month. i know that is probably the best i will get as i have never insured a car in my name.

i realise i wont get the whistle, it was the burble i wanted to achieve. the one i heard sounded amazing. what makes of exhaust would you suggest? i know that blitz is good.

thanks for your help
the classic impreza burble comes from the unequal lengths of the manifold! unfortunatly the sport is different!

to be honest i think the blitz systems are stupidly priced to put on a sport! i'd go for a magnex or janspeed!
Old 10 July 2005, 09:32 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

PM Swordmaster to see what's on his. TBH I dont know the guy but was at the rolling road day @ Well Lane this afternoon and must admit his car sounded pretty sweet. I understand from his spec list he has a H&S exhaust with sports decat and a K&N filter. Certainly one of the best sounding sports I've heard.............

Good luck
Old 10 July 2005, 09:32 PM
wwp8
Scooby Regular

remember to get a quote first as well,
they need to know what you intend to put on the car

have you tried diamond insurance, or one of those 10 mth accelerator plans?
Old 10 July 2005, 09:47 PM
explore
Scooby Regular

you do know if you make the sport look like a turbo the insurance comp will expect you to insure a turbo
Old 10 July 2005, 10:10 PM
willfal
Scooby Regular

there is a guy with a classic shape sport that works across the road from me. he has a magnex on his and it sounds nice.

i'll be starting my own thread in a moment re exhausts for my car as the powerflow is not loud enough for my taste.

Will
Old 25 October 2005, 12:28 PM
Swordmaster
Scooby Regular

Default What a nice chap

Originally Posted by RLE
PM Swordmaster to see what's on his. TBH I dont know the guy but was at the rolling road day @ Well Lane this afternoon and must admit his car sounded pretty sweet. I understand from his spec list he has a H&S exhaust with sports decat and a K&N filter. Certainly one of the best sounding sports I've heard.............

Good luck
Ta muchley RLE

regards

the swordmaster
Old 25 October 2005, 12:36 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by wwp8
remember to get a quote first as well,
they need to know what you intend to put on the car

or one of those 10 mth accelerator plans?
I'd steer well away from such schemes, often you'll find that the only company that will recognise the 10 month accelerator scheme is the one that sold it. Effectively, this means that you're tied to that company, unless you want to start from scatch in terms of your NCB. Insurance at your age is going to hurt. I'm afraid that's all there is to it. Better to pay now for proper 12 month schemes and get some NCB together on a lesser car. The sooner you do that, the sooner you can afford to insure a turbo!

Regards,

NS04
Old 25 October 2005, 01:14 PM
DonnieDarko
Scooby Regular

a modified sport could well end up costing more to insure than a standard turbo, if you go stupid.

plus you run the risk of looking a bit like the nova boys with their stick-on scoops

if you want a scooby and really can't stretch to a wrx, leave it standardish. plus it'll be worth more when you come to sell it to buy a WRX