The Special Branch Are Being Used to Intimidate Tanker Drivers to Leave Depots

Search this Thread

Old 13 September 2000, 12:05 AM
grale gav
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Stuart,
I thought they were the Tactical Support Group? (i.e. get all the ****e jobs!) - sorry to be pedantic.......

When I was a student they were called the SPG and drove green transits with blacked out windows!!! Made them dead easy to spot!

Also, not all forces have these squads?
Old 13 September 2000, 12:07 AM
grale gav
Scooby Newbie

what's wrong with the word sh1te???

aren't we all grown ups?????

more furqing censorship at work!!
Old 13 September 2000, 12:12 AM
Scott J Davies
Scooby Regular

Jake I'm not me ol mate, I leave that to her indoors. My wife couldn't belive what she was hearing on Kilroy so she rang me to tell me.

Thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it

Word of this has reached the Hauliers they are fuming, long conveys road slowing planned etc, you may have a higher chance of getting fuel now but be aware the roads are looking like they may be FUBAR'd.
Old 13 September 2000, 12:17 AM
Jake
Scooby Regular

Talking

I believe you honest!!!

Jake
Badly in need of some go go juice
Old 13 September 2000, 12:47 AM
Cheeky Jim
Scooby Regular

I am in total support for the Blockade.....but from a purely selfish point of view I have a fiance in tears because our wedding on Saturday looks like it is completely Bo**oxed up....We have spent the best part of a year planning this and it has cost an awful lot of money..and it is all going **** up....

The Reception Hotel have just phoned saying they are not sure if their delivery of food will be delivered, so there goes the meal down the tubes....

The taxi's booked for the guests have little fuel, our friends and family, many coming from Wales and Yorkshire are all in panic mode...

So I say you have made your point Guys, Lets get this sorted soon...

I am very close to throwing a few mortars at 10 Downing Steet...if I could F**king get there !!!

Yours hopefully

Jamie

p.s. the wedding is in Somerset, so if anyone knows of any unleaded and/or diesel around the Yeovil area it would be most appreciated!!

[This message has been edited by Cheeky Jim (edited 13 September 2000).]
Old 13 September 2000, 11:04 AM
Scott J Davies
Scooby Regular

Red face

It has just been on Kilroy, I **** you not. The special branch are being used to intimidate tanker drivers to leave with shipments or be arrested.

What is this man doing??, Kilroy nealry fell off his chair.
Old 13 September 2000, 11:09 AM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
you sound surprised.

I aint.

It's been obvious from day one the oil companies/tanker drivers dont want to co-operate and want the blockade as much as everyone else.

Tony, if this is true, you is dead meat mate!!!
Old 13 September 2000, 11:12 AM
Stuart H
Scooby Regular

Red face

Special Branch?!?

I think that may be <I>slightly</I> inaccurate, Special Branch are the Anti-terrorist department. They wear suits to work and don't get involved in this sort of thing.

The officers involved in this are more likely to be TSG (Territorial Support Group), also know as Special Operations, who handle public order stuff.

Its been really obvious watching the news the all the Oil Co's drivers are right behind the protesters. Perhaps Tony & Fatty 2 Jags should go out and drive a few tankers. Lets face it, their gonna need a new job in a few months! ;o)

[This message has been edited by Stuart H (edited 13 September 2000).]
Old 13 September 2000, 11:14 AM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
who gives a toss what dept. of the police is involved, thats not the point now is it????
Old 13 September 2000, 11:18 AM
Scott J Davies
Scooby Regular

Stuart It said on Kilroy that it was special branch, the unit may be inaccurate but th etanker driver on the program sadi that he was threatened with arrest should he not leave with his load.

Whether it was SB or another Police faction is irelevant it is clearly happening, look at th efront cover of the Sun there is a Police man sat beside the driver. They aren't there for the safety of the driver they are there to enforce the driver. Tony, you've totally lost the plot.
Old 13 September 2000, 11:19 AM
206GTI Brudda
Scooby Newbie

I'm just pi$$ed off because I've never seen the roads so empty before and where's my car?? In the Garage getting a new quarter panel glued on...
I don't even wanna drive the replacement they gave me.

Old 13 September 2000, 11:34 AM
Matt Oz
Scooby Regular

Talking

If that is true, intimidation is absolutely out of order. I cannot believe that it has happened. Democracy my ar*e

On the plus side, I have a full tank of SUL in my Type R as I have used my 'bike for work this week. Thank God Fireblades run on LRP

Matt
Old 13 September 2000, 11:38 AM
Paul Wilson
Scooby Regular

This is very bad news, in a way it may have its good points in raising peoples concerns about the actions of this Government. But I would far rather have petrol at £2.00 a litre, than live in a country where the police/whoever are used to intimidate people acting in a non-violent way.
Old 13 September 2000, 11:45 AM
Mr Leigh
Scooby Regular

Angry

The Goverment has been telling us all about democracy this week! It is they that do not understand it. If I see any tanker on the road I am gonna slow it down to a crawl and blame my lack of fuel.
Old 13 September 2000, 11:58 AM
Jake
Scooby Regular

SJD what are you doing watching Kilroy !!!

Jake
Old 13 September 2000, 01:26 PM
Yex
Scooby Regular

Question

Excuse me if I'm missing the point here but what exactly can the tanker drivers be charged with. The vehicles are on private property, and by refusing to get in them they are in conflict with their employer and not the law of the land. If, as we now all are believing, the oil companies are not doing all they can to relieve the problem then they will not take issue with their drivers over refusing to work. The oil companies want tax reduced as much as Joe Public, gives them a wider price band to manage their profitability in.

I'm not against the protest, 100% for it in fact, but everything needs to be kept in focus. The Blairite Spin Doctors are trying all they can to remove people's attention from the blockade issue. Remember Bullsh1t Blair claimed everything will be back to normal in 24 hours yesterday tea-time, lets see him explain that quote away about 6pm tonight.

Yex
Old 13 September 2000, 06:02 PM
WALKER
Scooby Regular

Angry

I deal with the oil companies on a daily basis and i can honestly say that the tanker drivers DO NOT want to deliver the fuel!

They are in total support of the blockades, so if they do deliver it is because they are being threatened with either there job or arrest
Old 13 September 2000, 10:29 PM
Fat Bob
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

So as well as shifting the fuel tax to somewhere else where it will average out to cost most of us the same, the fuel companies will also have more of a margin for profit
- They make more money, the government will take the same from us - WE LOSE

Bob