ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

JDM Twin Scroll & PPP

Search this Thread

Old 07 June 2005, 03:48 PM
ChriSTi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy JDM Twin Scroll & PPP

Scuse me for being thick, but I'm thinking of changing the scooby (See pic) on profile for a newer version, the cars im looking at have ppp, prodrive blah blah blah, but what extra's do you get with the performance pack, secondly, what is a jdm twin scroll, many thanx for any help, and any DECENT !!!! offers for mine,
Version 6 WRX STI on a v plate (OCT 99), Sorry but number plate will be transfered to the newer scooby, thanx again
Old 07 June 2005, 04:38 PM
automodellistagt
Scooby Regular

performance pack for UK cars only features uprated fuel pump, exhaust system and ECU remap. Boosts power and torq from 265 to 300 bhp. Makes em more drivable too.....

The JDM units have the japan limit of 276 (but are normally higher) and the twin scroll turbo features two rather then one inlet in the turbo (technically i need correcting im sure) but it allows for faster spool up and less bogging.

also they have a rear wiper ;P
Old 07 June 2005, 04:45 PM
ChriSTi
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by automodellistagt
performance pack for UK cars only features uprated fuel pump, exhaust system and ECU remap. Boosts power and torq from 265 to 300 bhp. Makes em more drivable too.....

The JDM units have the japan limit of 276 (but are normally higher) and the twin scroll turbo features two rather then one inlet in the turbo (technically i need correcting im sure) but it allows for faster spool up and less bogging.

also they have a rear wiper ;P
Cheers auto, at least someone replied to me lol, does £19995 sound too much for a 03 WRX STi type uk 16000 miles by the way
Old 07 June 2005, 05:05 PM
automodellistagt
Scooby Regular

there are other reasons for and against JDM v UK cars, plenty of threads about. £20k seems a bit steep, ive seen em for as low as £16k. Best bet is to look at the subaru used site for a price from the most exspensive people. If theyre charging £20k, and the one youve seen isnt from subaru then you know youve got some haggling to do
Old 07 June 2005, 05:18 PM
alwong
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by ChriSTi
Cheers auto, at least someone replied to me lol, does £19995 sound too much for a 03 WRX STi type uk 16000 miles by the way
Its a pity really. I sold my 53 plate STI with PPP (17K miles) full subaru service history for 17k back to Subaru. They got a real bargain!!!
That was only 7 weeks ago!!

You will be paying around 18.5K for an 03 STI without PPP at the moment. Check auto trader.

If you can find someone who is looking to part ex theres on here then you may get a better deal.

Happy hunting.