Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will the classic Impreza shape ever come back in?

Search this Thread

Old 05 June 2005, 09:03 PM
CoobyS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will the classic Impreza shape ever come back in?

I read several months ago here that Prodive were making a prototype based on the classic shape with a view for it coming back in...don't know if it was true or not...

...anyway, looks like there's not much to stop the classic depreciating and looking out dated by the day, so I'm trying to flog my uk99....unless the shapes gonna come back in!
Old 05 June 2005, 09:20 PM
BedHog
Scooby Regular

Get some blue neons and burberry seat covers and advertise it in Chav Weekly

I doubt it will come back - unless they do a 'New Classic' in 20 years time......
Old 05 June 2005, 09:44 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Classic values are rising ................ for the right cars, that is!

So many have been shagged and pissed about with that the one owner mint classic from the MY00 is in HOT demand.

Pete
Old 05 June 2005, 10:19 PM
P.S leWiS
BANNED

As i say HOT in DEMAND just LIKE ME!
Originally Posted by pslewis
Classic values are rising ................ for the right cars, that is!

So many have been shagged and pissed about with that the one owner mint classic from the MY00 is in HOT demand.

Pete
Old 06 June 2005, 11:22 PM
BROOKS1E
Scooby Regular

Does it make me a chav cos i have a classic......so many people are jumping on the band wagon of them becoming chav-mobiles....if i could afford 20 odd grand for a new shape then maybe just maybe i would buy one ....then again maybe not ! Dare i say i prefer the classic shape ( i have an MY00 PPP wagon)
Old 06 June 2005, 11:27 PM
Daft Lad
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BROOKS1E
Does it make me a chav cos i have a classic......so many people are jumping on the band wagon of them becoming chav-mobiles....if i could afford 20 odd grand for a new shape then maybe just maybe i would buy one ....then again maybe not ! Dare i say i prefer the classic shape ( i have an MY00 PPP wagon)
Agreed mate, being an Impreza fan since the car was launched I prefer the overall look of the classic too.

TBH if I had 20 odd grand I'd be looking at 22B's not newages!
Old 06 June 2005, 11:32 PM
ukdave
Scooby Regular

classic shape has never gone out has it lol i know even if i could afford the newer scoobys i wouldnt buy a newer shape they do nothing for me at all, gimme a sti-type r an id be happy it`d probably be my last impreza. This`l keep me happy for a few year yet http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...d/PICT0023.jpg
Old 06 June 2005, 11:33 PM
White-Un
Scooby Regular

No offence to newage owners cause they are nice cars but for me the classic shape is the original and the best scooby turbo .

White un
Old 06 June 2005, 11:43 PM
BlackadderII
Scooby Regular

I would tend to agree. Having owned Imprezas for about 6 years now i've gone from 2 "Classics" to a "bugeye". They both have plus and minus points. The Classic is raw and the Bugeye is progressive. In the performance stakes, each to their own. Looks wise, yes the "Classic" is outdated and the average Joe in the street believes the "Classic" to be a Body Kitted car in the guise of a Carina (joke). With prices of £3,500 for a classic its innevitable that the "chav" will now see the marque as an accessable accessory, thus creating an image for the pioneer of turbo powerered farmers vehicles and sealing its demise.

As i said i have a bugeye, probably the best valued scoob around given its price and "new age" looks (admittedley it has to have morettes) but hey, what a car, more refined and looks "in" when out on the road, always gets the looks whereas the classic is "ooh thats nice" the bugeye and the really good looking Blobeye get the approving nod from Joe the public. Lets be honest its not a car enthusiasts sole purpose to achieve a "wow" factor with Joes the public but it is nice isnt it

So in short yes, with the exception of the RB5, 22B, P1 and maybe the odd 555, the classic is now on the demise. I mean FFS i read on here some sad ****** 's have even painted them Pink

and thats bad, real bad

Last edited by BlackadderII; 06 June 2005 at 11:49 PM.
Old 06 June 2005, 11:59 PM
ukdave
Scooby Regular

dont really bother me what they do to their own cars people can put daft spoilers rally graphics paint em daft colours each to their own-doesnt affect the look of my car or any other scooby a clean smart car with the right mods will always be seen and appreciated as that, no matter what other people may do to the same marque, i dont see how that would have any affect on how people view clean sensibly modded versions imho.
Old 07 June 2005, 01:28 AM
mgcvk
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I've always really liked the classic shape and I think there will be pukker examples on the roads for many years to come. My first scoob though has been a new age as its my main car and I do a lot of miles and wanted reliability and warranty. If and when I can afford it, would be great to have a classic too as a project.
Old 07 June 2005, 08:23 AM
rossi_p
Scooby Regular

Personally, I love the classic shape and would not change mine for anything but a 22B at the moment. Otherwise will be getting something completely different (Exige is the next hope).

As for the chav angle, I think only the ones that have been 'blinged up' look chavvy. The same applies to any car. I still love the 205 GTI, which, isn't a chav car until it has been tampered with.

Each to their own though.
Old 07 June 2005, 09:58 AM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

The main downside to owning a classic is the build quality - although I'm having a good go at fixing that myself...

Classic by name, classic by nature...
Old 08 June 2005, 12:25 AM
BROOKS1E
Scooby Regular

I`ve had worse .........
Old 08 June 2005, 12:34 AM
highlander68k
Scooby Regular

The 22B seems to be the one to have (for me too). But have you seen a proper wide-bodied Blobeye? That is something special too. Obviously not an off-the-shelf car, but trust me, if they made a 22B equivalent out of those, they would be the one that everyone wanted.

Maybe they could call it a 25B (2.5 )???
Old 08 June 2005, 12:36 AM
highlander68k
Scooby Regular

and in response to the original question.... Rumours are rife about the p2
Old 08 June 2005, 09:52 AM
Scrappydoo2003
Scooby Regular

My classic still looks good to me, that's all I worry about..
Old 08 June 2005, 01:25 PM
V1CK1
Scooby Regular

I love my classic and can appreciate my other halfs new age.
But why does he always want to drive my car?!?
Old 08 June 2005, 11:07 PM
BROOKS1E
Scooby Regular

Cos its better .........
Old 08 June 2005, 11:23 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Talking Came close to switching to BMW

I've had 2 weeks of driving the wifes Beemer - Comfy, quiet and I have to admit , lovely to have air conditioning. Almost got converted to the dark side till I took my MY99 out for a blast out on the A507 towards Henlow and back towards Baldock.

It truly is a car destined to achieve "Legend" Status.

I would rather chop my nadger off than sell it to some scummy chav for a pittance, or if the dealer isn't interested to some spotty oike who would not treat it right !! (The car - not my nadger)

Old 09 June 2005, 10:58 PM
BROOKS1E
Scooby Regular

good lad im lucky tho i have aircon in my wagon
Old 09 June 2005, 11:13 PM
mushkinee
Scooby Regular

Talking

Isn't it the car that made subaru famous hence the term "classic" may mean it will never be beaten it was the 1 st one. looks the meanest out of the 3 too .

wot car is fast discreet more of a sleeper car cus i keep getting called a drug dealer by random ppl in there cars. then at least i can wipe that smerk of there faces wen i cane em, never seems so imprezzive caning em of in an impreza.(victim of its own success?)
Old 09 June 2005, 11:18 PM
BlackadderII
Scooby Regular

I rest my case
Old 10 June 2005, 12:00 AM
HHH
Scooby Newbie

Classic is the champions choice
Old 10 June 2005, 11:47 AM
CyprusScooby
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Check out this weeks NUTS Magazine!!!

I just saw the 2006 Impreza - UGLY ....

....and the 2007 Impreza - WTF!!!!!!

A Bloody 3 door hatchback!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the hell are Subaru playing at!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10 June 2005, 11:57 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Had a classic for 4 years, had the new age for 16 months, no contest, new age.
You may as well say replace the corsa with a nova, though in its day the nova was a good car, the corsa moved on, making it a safer and nicer enviroment to be in.
Classic=dated now
New age=better

Tony
Old 10 June 2005, 12:09 PM
CyprusScooby
Scooby Regular

Everybody I speak to prefers the Classic Impreza. Especially the 2 Door type-R. Mine always turns peoples heads!

Bugeye=UGLY!!!!!!!!!!

Blobeye=Better Interior

Classic= Best looking and TONS more fun!!!!
Old 10 June 2005, 12:17 PM
mudfrog
Scooby Regular

Classic all the way for me

Like said before even if I had £20+K to play with I would look at a 22b rather than any of the newage models.
The classic shape is just so nice to look at. The curvacious rear end of the classic just looks so much better than the square **** of the newage motors.
The roar power is just so much more appealing than the rep car type of smooth power from newage. If I wanted a refined ride I would of bought a mondeo. pmsl

Cheers,

Rich
Old 10 June 2005, 12:21 PM
Soulgirl
Scooby Regular

I'm only a fan of the classic shape... it's sleek and not so lumpy looking as the newer models. However, I would deffo have one of these if subaru produced one

Old 10 June 2005, 12:23 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

The classic is actually a cavalier against the new vectra, you know what i mean?
They are not tons more fun, if anything they are no where near as good, especially as the classic uk car when it came out was put into 2nd place in a test between 2 cars, by a MONDEO! for gods sake!
Ive owned both, the classic was no where near as good as the new age, and my classic was one of the best you could find

My MY00 PPP'd decat turbo was just over 260bhp, my new car was 280bhp, from new ive owned both, the new blobeye was more powerful BRAND NEW than a modified classic turbo, it was just a completely different car, though the looks do take a bit of getting use to, i can say, hand on heart that the blobeye looks better than the classic, its no where near as in your face as a classic, it has steering that doesnt feel wooly like the uk turbo's did, its engineered better, its improved, nicer to be in on a long journey, acutally, its just a damn sight nicer.

Classic 0
New age 1

Tony

Quick Reply: Will the classic Impreza shape ever come back in?