Sponsored by:

Boost pulse

Search this Thread

Old 26 May 2005, 05:08 PM
fallwood
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boost pulse

Hi, already posted this in technical but no responce so far, thought i'd try in here.

Hi, I'm in desperate need of a bit of help with the setup of my greddy profec bspec II, installed it yesterday but cant seem to get the boost stable in 4th/5th gear, it seems to pulse under full throttle when set anything over 16psi. Car is an 01 wrx with magnex decat downpipe and full magnex decat system + k&N panel + superchip, has been running fine fine at 17.5psi with the manual boost controller but was always flat and low on boost in 1st & second gears. Runs great 1st through 3rd and holds 17.5 psi solid, settings at the moment are - set boost 54%, gain 12%, start boost 120, warning 185, safety 8%, I run mine in psi mode not kpa so 185 equals 18.5 psi and not 1.85 bar. Anyone out there got one of these running at the moment.
Last edited by fallwood : Today at 00:09.

fallwoodView Public ProfileSend a private message to fallwoodVisit fallwood's homepage!Find More Posts by fallwoodAdd fallwood to Your Buddy List
Today, 00:16 fallwood vbmenu_register("postmenu_4618579", true);
Scooby Regular

After further investigation it seems the pulsing occurs at lower boost as well (just not as noticable),its definately the controller cos i took it off and put the manual controller back on and all was fine, it seems to be the start boost setting that effects the pulsing,in 1st-2nd gear i can feel it open the wastegate when i floor it to spool up the turbo as i can feel it dip a bit before taking off, in 3rd-5th if i floor it under 4000 rmp i can feel the wastegate opening and shutting (pulsing) until rpm reaches over 4000 or boost reaches over about 14psi, once over this it pulls ok and doesnt pulse. Is this right or could the unit be faulty or are my settings way off. Someone pleeeze help as I dont want to cause any damage.