Sponsored by:

Finding a mint scoob

Search this Thread

Old 17 May 2005, 10:10 AM
andyhaase1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finding a mint scoob

How hard is it to find a mint classic scoob? I have had a wanted ad on here and sidc forums for a few weeks, but so far I've had no luck finding just what I'm after.How long did other scoob owners have to wait to find the right car?
Old 17 May 2005, 11:00 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

I could sell you mine...but it's too old

'tis a minter compared to alot I've seen (except the scuffed alloys - huge pothole @10mph ). Most classics seem to have been messed with a fair amount to the owners <ahem>"tastes" which I guess isn't what your after?

Personally I'm struggling to get hold of another new car...a banger Just the good ones don't seem to be comming cheap these days. Most people have over-inflated values of what their pile of junk is really worth (nothing).

I'm currently letting some old geezer with a 325 beamer stew over my very generous £600 offering (he wants £1K - market value is £500 ). Its still on his drive after 2 months, might have to pop down and wave some notes under his nose to see if he will crack
Old 17 May 2005, 11:56 AM
andyhaase1
Scooby Regular

There seems to be loads of deep blue mica examples but I used to have a R5GTT raider in that colour and its a bit too dark for my liking. I don't want anything too loud, too low or too pimpish but as long as its silver,mint, low miles,fully colour coded and w reg onwards I will have a look. It must be me who is too fussy but I really thought I would have found something by now
Old 17 May 2005, 12:00 PM
New_scooby_04

Cool

Originally Posted by andyhaase1
How hard is it to find a mint classic scoob? I have had a wanted ad on here and sidc forums for a few weeks, but so far I've had no luck finding just what I'm after.How long did other scoob owners have to wait to find the right car?
Depends how picky you are really. I had to wait about 3 months or so before mine came along. I wanted a very lightly used one though (it had only 15k on it) Such cars are VERY rare now, but would you believe it, in the same week there was mine and another with only 18k on it in the same section of AutoTrader!

Even some cars with 80k+ advertised on here could be described as mint condition, as they have been very well looked after. Depends what mileage and spec you're after really, but you shouldn't struggle to find a mint sub 40k car in a popular colour with a nice spec or std.

NS04
Old 17 May 2005, 12:14 PM
Danny B
Scooby Regular

Mint low mileage classics are like gold dust these days...be patient though as they will pop up now and again.
But due to the fact that they are sought after means that there will be lots of eager people such as yourself knocking on the sellers door with the cash.
Old 17 May 2005, 12:16 PM
alanbell
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default pepperMINT scoob for sale in cars for sale,

Old 17 May 2005, 12:25 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

how do you define "mint"

sum peoples "mint" is diffrent from others
this does not include "peppermint"
Old 17 May 2005, 12:26 PM
dazc
Scooby Regular

Depends how much you are prepared to pay for one. A minter will always fetch more money!

Old 17 May 2005, 12:49 PM
Jonty
Scooby Regular

How hard is it to find a mint classic scoob?
I can see where you're coming from, given I was looking very hard end of last year. As the Classics grow much older, finding mint examples becomes more of a challenge but my advice to you would be to simply stick with the task and hopefully something will turn up.

End of last year I was faced with picking up higher mileage MY98/99 models with no air-con and that had been played with. I yearned for something MY00 with air-con and totally standard, so when my MY00 Turbo with 32,500 miles and sole owner turned up in Essex, I pounced. Limiting the choice, I was only aiming for Subaru Proven used vehicles.

Keep using the Nationwide search tool on www.subaru.co.uk and check out Autotrader too, which will also list some Subaru Proven cars which don't appear on the main site.

Happy hunting.

Jonts.

Last edited by Jonty; 17 May 2005 at 01:13 PM.
Old 17 May 2005, 01:09 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These cars are made of Bacofoil metal, so dents are a way of life I find.

Not sure what you mean by 'mint' ....... mint body or a straight, genuine example?

The UK Classic, with 1 owner, sensible mileage, Service History and not messed about with are getting very, very rare ......... a Wagon is your best chance of finding one!!

Pete
Old 17 May 2005, 01:22 PM
XRS
Scooby Senior

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Talking

Why don't you PM joni on here? He has what you're looking for.

But I've just seen what you've got to spend, and it won't be enough.

Last edited by XRS; 17 May 2005 at 01:36 PM.
Old 17 May 2005, 01:41 PM
M5_POWER
Scooby Regular

I had to sell my brothers one for the last few weeks, this one was immaculate and I got someone buying it on saturday. He did 3000 miles a yr and it was always garaged and we had it since 2001. Although he did change the exhaust and air filter. But it was cleaner than a uk300 on a 51 at a subaru dealer we went to see.We finally got him a P1 and thus this became for sale.

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=422049
Old 17 May 2005, 03:20 PM
rossyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

I know a place where there is a 2000 (W) WRX RA with 11,500 miles, basically looks like a new car. You would pay silly money for it though. Prices not advertised.
Old 17 May 2005, 03:32 PM
AudiMan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

They are about (I know cos' I've got one),
X reg, silver, AC, 26k miles, NO accidents or dents, no mods except WR Sport backbox and 17" alloys, I'm the second owner (first was over 60 and had a bad back - honestly) so he only had it for 5 months, full Subaru history from same main dealer. It is like new.
Is it for sale - No way.
Took me 6 months of looking, but worth every minute.
Good luck in your search.
Ian
Old 17 May 2005, 08:10 PM
James Neill
Scooby Senior

Took me two days via Autotrader about a month ago. MY98 UK Turbo, 32k miles, Prodrive styling. £7850. And here it is

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?p=4497884

Am very happy!
Old 17 May 2005, 09:28 PM
dmc1980
Scooby Regular

I was looking for about a month, every week when the autotrader came out, would have a look but by the time I got home from work they were away. Then one week I decided to go on the net and check out the Autotrader website before I went to work, 7:50am, and there it was, MY00, 58000 miles, 1 owner from new, full Subaru Service history, completely standard and it was only 3 miles up the road. Rang the guy at 8am and asked would he mind if I came round. Was at his house by 8:20 and had the car bought at 8:45.
They definately are out there, just keep looking and use the web. Get on first thing on a thursday morning and get in before the rest.
Old 17 May 2005, 10:04 PM
mattvortex
Scooby Regular

ive a my98 uk turbo thats only done 37k. was wondering if the spec with it is rare as well? first elderly owner had factory options fitted ; olive-green leather with grey piping and cruise control! has anyone else got these options fitted from new?
Old 18 May 2005, 12:02 AM
RB5RLP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mattvortex
ive a my98 uk turbo thats only done 37k. was wondering if the spec with it is rare as well? first elderly owner had factory options fitted ; olive-green leather with grey piping and cruise control! has anyone else got these options fitted from new?
I looked for ages for a UK spec Impreza, finally found my girl in Bournemouth, MY99 Subaru Impreza RB5 No 317 of 444 ever made, mint condition 45k on the clock with full SSH, paid £10995, more than you would pay for a normal UK scooby but what the hell you only live once

Russ