ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why i have bit the bullet and sold my P1

Search this Thread

Old 27 April 2005, 05:41 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Why i have bit the bullet and sold my P1

The time had come. I had grown a little tired of running the P1. Ive had it for 4 years now from new, and although the best all round Impreza i have owned, it was time to say goodbye.

Fed up of reading on here about car jacking, burlgaries, high fuel costs, crap MPG, the shakes about leaving it parked up anywhere, boy racers trying it on etc etc etc etc .

Its a sad day really, i have owned 3 Imprezas in total, covering a time of 7 years. have met some great people on here, as well as w@nkers it must be said

Ill probably pop along to some of the Jap shows this year, but it wont be the same knowing that I havent got the P1 with me

Ive stepped to another level now for a car thats more in keeping with my current thoughts above.

Hope to still use this board as its quite a general bbs now, and scooby ownership isn't essential.

Heres a pic of the p1 replacement

its a Uk spec 22b. I gather there only a few left on the road. See ya around
Old 27 April 2005, 05:47 PM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

You lucky LUCKY Bartsteward

Man how jealous am I

Will you be taking it to the next Bedford meet? If so I may pop along to have a drool

Andy
Old 27 April 2005, 05:50 PM
SVVG
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How does it compare?
Old 27 April 2005, 05:50 PM
Hepy
Scooby Regular

nice
Old 27 April 2005, 05:52 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

LOL... thought you were serious for a mo...
Old 27 April 2005, 06:03 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

I was going to say that "you'll be back", then I read the last bit. Lovely looking motor though.
Old 27 April 2005, 06:20 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

I dont know what local meets i can make it to, but Ill be around for the big Jap meets hopefully.

Comparison wise, I cant comment too much at the moment as Ive only done a few hundred mostly motorway miles. Although the Uk spec have taller gearing, Im getting 115 miles for first half a tank, which is a bit lower than the P1.

The 22b seems a little more nervous on the road, going over painted white lines and cats eyes etc, you have to be careful. The suspension is quite a bit more firmer. The brakes seem to be better than standard P1 brakes, it might just be a feeling, but I thought both cars had the same standard brakes?

The gear throw is a bit shorter than the P1, but i had a smoother change in the P1.

No two ways about which car id rather have. The P1 though, was a more comfortable drive, probably better MPG, a better all rounder due to its less firmer set up, and the foolproof power splits between front and rear. Saying all that,Ive taken to looking in my side mirrors a lot more, if only to see those bulging rear arches. The 22b wins hands down for the simple fact it is a 22b.
Old 27 April 2005, 06:28 PM
ali_j
Scooby Regular

lol nice twist
Old 27 April 2005, 06:29 PM
STEVECHAPS
Scooby Regular

Cool Lovely

Thought that number plate looked familiar, I was looking thru some old photo's from NBO 2004 yesterday & there it was! Super looking motor (which was why I took a piccy!
Old 27 April 2005, 07:34 PM
marcymarc555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
I dont know what local meets i can make it to, but Ill be around for the big Jap meets hopefully.

Comparison wise, I cant comment too much at the moment as Ive only done a few hundred mostly motorway miles. Although the Uk spec have taller gearing, Im getting 115 miles for first half a tank, which is a bit lower than the P1.

The 22b seems a little more nervous on the road, going over painted white lines and cats eyes etc, you have to be careful. The suspension is quite a bit more firmer. The brakes seem to be better than standard P1 brakes, it might just be a feeling, but I thought both cars had the same standard brakes?

The gear throw is a bit shorter than the P1, but i had a smoother change in the P1.

No two ways about which car id rather have. The P1 though, was a more comfortable drive, probably better MPG, a better all rounder due to its less firmer set up, and the foolproof power splits between front and rear. Saying all that,Ive taken to looking in my side mirrors a lot more, if only to see those bulging rear arches. The 22b wins hands down for the simple fact it is a 22b.

Has there been much difference in the insurance matey?
Old 27 April 2005, 07:50 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Insurance roughly the same, £100 more for 12 months.
Old 27 April 2005, 08:11 PM
virgin
Scooby Regular

silly questionn time

how would a 22b fair against a new age sti or wr1 or jdm sti etc ?

i.e what do you get for 22 to 24k with a 22b ? and how much were they new ?

any help would be great. currently running a wrx04 ppp(and yes i know its pants compared to the above listed cars)

i am prepared to go back to classic, rather than newage sti etc....im just looking for justification, apart from the 22b`s sexy looks

i just know the the 22b is a 2.2 lump and thats it

also what power /torq is possible with decat and remapp etc?

thanks all, and soz for the newbee questions !
Old 27 April 2005, 08:14 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

That is a feckin gorgeous car mate you lucky barsteward you!!
dave
Old 27 April 2005, 08:16 PM
XS-Home
Scooby Regular

Recently been in a few 22b's running them in....awesome, that look in the side mirroe at those arches....inspiring, gorgeous....oh **** does that person next to me know what I'm driving...

Enjoy, but please don't park it on the road
Old 27 April 2005, 08:19 PM
GREEN SCOOBY
Scooby Regular

Nice car Scoobynutta555, Thought I recognised the reg plate ah yes Ive had a shot in that one mate
Old 27 April 2005, 08:23 PM
GREEN SCOOBY
Scooby Regular

very very fast mate as far as I know there was only 15 of these in the world and 6 wrote off! so now there is only 9
Old 27 April 2005, 08:30 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

-New they were anywhere between £40k and £50 depending on who you ask. AFAIK IM priced the uk version cheaper by some margin than what grey importers were charging for their imports. Makes a change a UK car being cheaper

-I assume on the road performance wise? Ive never driven a new age impreza so I cant really compare. All i can say is the 22b has wider rear tyres, manual dccd probably stiffer suspension and weighs less. But for ***** out performance Id be a bit wary of ragging the 22b too much simply because of its expense and rarity of parts etc. You can wait a very long time to have it repaired if you ding the flared arches etc.

-22 to 24k would get you a fairly decent 22b from a private seller, probably an import, but uks can be found, they are very rare though and you dont see many for sale. I called this guy and he seemed very genuine indeed, and if I hadnt got this 22b i think Id have got his subject to a report. http://forums.sidc.co.uk/messageview...threadid=35412

-Power is 276 bhp and I *think* there is more torque than the comparable typeRs. Decat and remap is possible, in fact a remap is recommended at least on the imports. A fairly decent Apexi system, mapped by somebody who knows what they are doing will be in the region of £750.

-Performance wise i cant see there being much difference between a 22b and a typeR. There is a large price difference between the two marques however, and I see this as being the rarity of the car rather than extra performance.

-The best bit of advice you will ever hear about buying a 22b is to have it checked out by a qualified inspector. Unfortunatly there are bad ones out there as with any performance car.

-The main difference between a uk and import, was the price, the rear light clusters and the uk had taller gearing.

To answer fully any questions you may have go to www.22b.com.
Old 27 April 2005, 08:31 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Vaughan,
You Hafty Crarstrad you!!!!!!!!!!! Nice One mate
Old 27 April 2005, 08:51 PM
GREEN SCOOBY
Scooby Regular

does it still have the carbon brakes on?
Old 27 April 2005, 09:09 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

But I could hate you, YOU GIT
Old 27 April 2005, 10:45 PM
al3x
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scoob99
But I could hate you, YOU GIT
I agree!.

But really, that is a stunning car, enjoy driving it
Old 27 April 2005, 11:22 PM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

Your evil mate, you had me feeling sorry for you Nice 1!!! Hate to think of your insurance for a 22b where you live
Old 28 April 2005, 10:54 AM
specialx
Former Sponsor

lol what a great twist!!

I was scrolling down the page with the "our tune" music going through my head then BAM!

you've got a 22!!

enjoy!!!

Ads
Old 28 April 2005, 12:18 PM
gso
Scooby Regular

indeed...great twist...rather enjoyed reading it too....you lucky GIT
Old 28 April 2005, 12:39 PM
trails
Scooby Regular

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

great thread, even better car best of luck with it and look forward to seeing it in the flesh at one of the big events!
Old 28 April 2005, 02:22 PM
Vans
Scooby Regular

Default 22B

Well done lad glad to see that you got the best impreza after all, best of luck with it. Hope to see you in England around august. Have not had a scoob for over 18 months now (doing the hippy trail in south east asia) but getting a sti type r in from Japan hopefully within the next few weeks.

Take care,

Vans
Old 28 April 2005, 03:12 PM
pbee
Scooby Regular

thought it was going to be a oil burning skoda or bimmer like the other traitor muppets on here i even did a double take and thought you had posted a picture of the p1.

enjoy and look after her.
Old 28 April 2005, 03:53 PM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

the front tyres are also wider, 8.5 by 17inch wheels and 235s as standard though I have 255s on mine.

Greater low down torque makes the car faster through the gears than a type r with the same gearing, sadly you have the inferior gearing

Brakes are identical apart from colour.

Main difference you will find is on track, you can drive around the outside of normal classics as there is so much more grip and the car is well damped for track use out of the box.

In all honesty, you would have trouble keeping up with a new shape sti equipped with a dccd-a, even with a nigh on 200kg weight advantage. Their mechanical grip is impressive, their tyres are now the same width and they almost have the same track.

combine that with a twin scroll turbo and the fact that the standard torque and power figures are matching if not superceeding the 22B and the on road performance is ominous.

Having said that, when you catch them up at the next set of traffic lights you can sit back in the knowledge that you have the best looking most desirable road going impreza there is.
Old 28 April 2005, 05:06 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by Adam M

Having said that, when you catch them up at the next set of traffic lights you can sit back in the knowledge that you have the best looking most desirable road going impreza there is.
Did anybody else just get wood?!!!
Old 28 April 2005, 05:26 PM
automodellistagt
Scooby Regular

i was feeling sympathetic for you

now im not :@ :LOL:

Quick Reply: Why i have bit the bullet and sold my P1