Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My car speeding, but it wasnt me...!

Search this Thread

Old 10 April 2005, 08:19 AM
kris55
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My car speeding, but it wasnt me...!

Hi all
I got a speeding ticket for 38 in a 30
But didnt think it was me..!
Only cos I was selling my car and that I think it was a kind harted test driver
This was back on the 26th of November 04
I have had pix sent to me and all that shows is there are 2 people in the car
Its now a case of they cant prove it was me any more than I can prove it wasn't me
"I would post the pix but have no place to host it any help on this one thats if you wont to see it "
The only things that are in my favour is I have profe my car was in the Autotrader and have sent this to them in the form of a credit card bill
And then there is the fact I no longer have the car is also a big bonus well in the eyes of the law it is in my eyes Im still looking out my house window at an empty parking space
I have been honest and up front with them and called them as all there paper work stats if you was the driver so I didnt wont to sign anything and then when it went to court them to say your hidding some one who was driving the car
As they said we need details so we can prosecute the person in question
well you dont keep details of people that dont buy your car
And then the one that does well thats what the log book is for haha
Is there any time period I can drag this out too so I cant be taken to court or would I be able to get the judge to say the same as the speeding pix shows which is they can no more say it was me than I can say it wasnt?
I have not had anything from them till Saturday saying I can pay for a fine and take 3 points or goto court the letter looks the same as the first one they sent me back in Dec saying you have been cought doing this speed pay up this that and the other and has given me 28 days yet again to responde
What can I do if anything
I have herd that you need to drag these things out to the 6 months stage then thats it Im in the clear any help would be great
Old 10 April 2005, 08:41 AM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

hmm. toughy.

Have a look over a five-0.com (you might need to check the URL!!! ) they're more into that stuff

HTH and best of luck

Dan
Old 10 April 2005, 08:44 AM
Rob D
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Firstly I presume your received the NIP within 14 days of the offence correct?
Do not let the police bully you into proving anything, if there were two people in the car like you said and you honestly don't know who was driving at the time, then the police HAVE to prove to you who was driving.
I know of the exactly the same thing with a friend of mine who drove down to England from Scotland with her sister, the car was pictured going 57 in a 50 and they honestly didn't know for sure who was driving at the time, so they requested a picture which showed the back of the car. She replied saying this doesn't help so they dropped the case.

Have a look at www.pepipoo.com for good information.

Cheers, Rob.
Old 10 April 2005, 10:22 AM
kris55
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that site Rob have posted on there and now there servers are down and I cant get into see if anybody has replied aghhhh
I will give that site you said ago Dan
Im trying the honest approach you know the I tried to sort things out without going to court Mr Judge type man
hence me bending over backwards
I think I have proven enough that it may not of been me and the chance are it wasnt me the pix they sent me was of the rear of the car as well
U can just see 2 people in the car

And No its not a Turbo Diesel its a Gti-6

Last edited by kris55; 10 April 2005 at 10:29 AM.
Old 10 April 2005, 10:57 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Keep the evidence, copies of correspondence etc. The chances are it will go to court, but just before the date, fax and write a letter to the CPS enclosing all the detail. Chances are they will drop the case, if not you've a good chance with the magistrate.

You need to ensure you have done as much as you can, so autotrader receipts, photograph, copies of telephone bills, (if you returned calls) etc.
Old 10 April 2005, 12:59 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My cousin had a similar ticket when a car full of them went away... they go away regular and could not remember who was driving on that occasion, he took it to court and the judge dismissed the case because it was the same rear pic as yours with no clear evidence, he was more harsh on the police for following the matter without clear evidence. I would consult a solicitor if I was you.

Simon
Old 10 April 2005, 01:56 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

Just watch that they don't do you for s172 which is not providing information as to who the driver was. Since the case involving Idris Francis you are obliged to provide this information in some way.

The penalty for the 172 offence is about the same as the speeding but the insurance companies can view it in a very unfavourable light.

Get the folks on pepipoo to keep you right on this but take great care not to screw it up.
Old 10 April 2005, 04:55 PM
kris55
Scooby Regular

I cant give the information even if I wonted too as I dont have any details of the people that were interested the ticket came to me about prob 3 weeks or maybe just after christmas
So like I said if that person doesnt wont to buy your car you dont keep there details
And I had no idea that anybody had gone through a speed trap I didnt even see it and I was trying to keep one eye on the road and the other on there speed
I know the pix dont show that cos look my car is doing 38 not 30 but I did my best when your not behind the wheel its very hard to have full control