hello

does someone know the price of fog lights of impreza
i think that my sti my03 will look better with the fog lights
what do you think
Old 25 March 2005, 11:44 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it's looks, then why not add some functionality too and get driving lights instead. The front fogs on my WRX have been used in fog once in over a year, whereas if I had driving lights they would be extremely handy on the unlit Yorkshire Dales roads I travel on frequently. The fogs are used mostly to flash idiot Peugeot drivers who have them on all the time and I occaisionally use them on unlit roads with soft verges (turn off if approaching oncomers).

You'll need THIS and 2 of THESE and probably a switch.

For driving lamps you'll need THIS as well as the switch and trims above.
Old 25 March 2005, 11:52 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoboy
. The fogs are used mostly to flash idiot Peugeot drivers who have them on all the time
I find its saxo's, vectras and other cars that have them on lots, i dont use my fogs on either my scoob or my pug, the pug's lights are those soft lights (halfords bulbs) which give you better visability in the dark/rain/fog etc but dont blind people, the scoob, well it does get foggy, i just slow down though, even though the Spec C has fogs on the front

Tony
Old 25 March 2005, 12:05 PM
rizzy
BANNED

o gosh that means i under priced the wrx bumper that i sold it had the foglamps with it to.

Last edited by rizzy; 25 March 2005 at 12:08 PM.
Old 25 March 2005, 12:33 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
I find its saxo's, vectras and other cars that have them on lots, i dont use my fogs on either my scoob or my pug, the pug's lights are those soft lights (halfords bulbs) which give you better visability in the dark/rain/fog etc but dont blind people, the scoob, well it does get foggy, i just slow down though, even though the Spec C has fogs on the front

Tony
Peugeots are by far the worst, then people carriers (Xsara Picasso) and Saxo's. Even Celica's seem to be more prone to this idiocy than Beemers. It evens out pretty much after that, with all other marques (sometimes even Scoobs ) having their fair share of *****. They should make it a £500 fine, then see how many do it Also, I think manufacturers should make them self cancelling (like rear screen heaters are these days) so the old "forgot to turn them off" excuse is virtually negated. Maybe a chime every 5 minutes to remind you they're on too.

Have you got a Spec C Tony
Old 25 March 2005, 12:36 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ford did it (may be still do) on cars like the mondeo, where when you turn your lights off, the fogs automatically cancel, so you dont have them on the next time you turn your lights on (so you can spot the t055ers )

Tony
Old 25 March 2005, 12:42 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Should be in the constructions and use regulations. Ford also used to do rear tail/fog combined, with a separate brake light ; as opposed to stop/tail with separate fog where the tail light just gets a bit brighter when you brake and is almost imperceptable in foggy conditions with a glaring foglight right next to it. It meant that whatever the conditions, the brake light was an independant illumination and thus easier to notice.
Old 25 March 2005, 02:34 PM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by corradoboy
so the old "forgot to turn them off" excuse is virtually negated. Maybe a chime every 5 minutes to remind you they're on too.
12V shock through the seat would be better.....

M