Sponsored by:

Detachable Towbar

Search this Thread

Old 23 March 2005, 11:41 PM
GDAS24
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detachable Towbar

Need to get a towbar on my MY05 Wagon to tow my enduro bike, want it to be detachable so as not to spoil the looks when not towing, genuine SUbaru part is nice but expensive, I notice a company on Ebay selling Brink detachables for the Impreza at a more reasonable price - has anyone got one of these, I'd like to know how discreet it looks when the ball is removed. Or anyone got any other ideas - do Witter do one? Has anyone got a little-used genuine one for sale?

Graham
Old 24 March 2005, 09:40 AM
Peter Horlock
Scooby Regular

i got mine for my MY01 WRX from towsure. Its not a swan neck removeable as i required a back plate design, however its only 2 bolts and the towbar can be removed and none of the other parts are visable.

yours

Peter
Old 16 November 2005, 02:16 PM
Gra
Scooby Newbie

Hi there,

Any news on your tow bar choice? I've got the same problem after years of saying "I'd never have a Tow BAr" ... suddenly a track bike makes me eat those words ..!
I've looked through the minefield of what ones fit, what ones dont, detachable or fixed and have not yet come to a conclusion.
What type did you choice, are you happy with it .... It would be good to hear from you, perhaps see some pics of the tow bar inplace ?
Cheers