Sponsored by:

got done two days old

Search this Thread

Old 18 March 2005, 05:18 PM
mickyjeff
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry got done two days old

got brand new wrx sti on wed got done for speeding on fri morning doing 87 in a 50 one of those little gets in a van on the oppisite side of the dual carridgeway to boot is this a record for a brand new scooby i think probally not!
Old 18 March 2005, 05:22 PM
Zip Boing Arial Whoop
Scooby Regular

1st Scooby back in '99, I got pulled for overtaking on the afternoon I picked it up. did't do anything wrong and the cops were more interested in how I afforded the insurance!!!!
Old 18 March 2005, 05:23 PM
scoobydooooo
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is that ta-ta licence ??
Old 18 March 2005, 05:35 PM
MadLad
Scooby Regular

87 in a 50 limit !!!,

I hope you get banned, its people like you that get Scooby drivers a bad name.
Old 18 March 2005, 05:36 PM
STi-leVictim
Scooby Regular

Hmmmm, 37mph over the limit. You're beyond fixed penalty country there and straight up in front of the beak. If you don't fancy a 28 day separation from your license, suggest you line up a Brief.

Bit harsh, Mad. We all get a little carried away from time to time, especially with a new toy.

Last edited by STi-leVictim; 18 March 2005 at 05:38 PM.
Old 18 March 2005, 05:45 PM
mr freeze
Scooby Regular

sorry to hear that mate & you wount want to know this either ,,,,,,,,,
I got caught doing 87 in a 50 back in 2003 on the A17 & got a £165 & worse
still a 6 MONTH BAN ........................ sorry mate ..
Old 18 March 2005, 05:46 PM
MadMark
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobydooooo
is that ta-ta licence ??
Probably!

Time to go and visit: Speed Trap Bible
Old 18 March 2005, 05:57 PM
custard puddle
Scooby Regular

Location: 4am club + owns one muppet music token and one fairy token

Originally Posted by mickyjeff
up yours prat
lmao, soz couldn't help laughing
Old 18 March 2005, 06:32 PM
mpr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MadLad
87 in a 50 limit !!!,

I hope you get banned, its people like you that get Scooby drivers a bad name.
What sort of **** are you? You can't know what sort of road he was on or the conditions etc yet you spout off as though it must have been dangerous!

Now if it was in a 30 zone past a school I'd agree, but there are a lot of roads out there where the speed limit is comicly low for no apparent reason.

so I suppose you've got a scoob and do the exact speed limit everywhere do you? if you do - why have the scoob?
Old 18 March 2005, 06:55 PM
mickyjeff
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mpr
What sort of **** are you? You can't know what sort of road he was on or the conditions etc yet you spout off as though it must have been dangerous!

Now if it was in a 30 zone past a school I'd agree, but there are a lot of roads out there where the speed limit is comicly low for no apparent reason.

so I suppose you've got a scoob and do the exact speed limit everywhere do you? if you do - why have the scoob?
thanks for the support road conditions very wide open dual carridgeway no schools nothing great road surface suddenly drops to fifty for about fifty metres then back to seventy been back today and cant figure out why, first time out in the scoob and until the get in the van flashed his lights can honestly say i had no idea how quick we were going lucky it was only 87 i suppose i dare say a lot of scooby owners have had there fair share of tickets i will take mine on the chin all i can say to madlad is get yourself up to stockton a warm welcome is`assured
Old 18 March 2005, 07:09 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

sorry to hear mate.

have you had nip through? if it was on the other side of the duel carrageway you may have got away with it. Dont quote me on it though.

as far as doing 87 ina 50, a duel carrageway near me has had the limit changed from national to 40 comming off an island then 50 comming up to the next island then national coming to a section of single carrageway, figure that one out if ya can
Old 18 March 2005, 07:29 PM
mickyjeff
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tidgy
sorry to hear mate.

have you had nip through? if it was on the other side of the duel carrageway you may have got away with it. Dont quote me on it though.

as far as doing 87 ina 50, a duel carrageway near me has had the limit changed from national to 40 comming off an island then 50 comming up to the next island then national coming to a section of single carrageway, figure that one out if ya can
got the nip this morning as for the roads this is the widest, best suface high vis no houses nothing its the best in the cleveland area the van was in the only bit of cover in the whole eight mile stretch cant make sense of the restrictions mind was still doing 87 even if it was a 70
Old 18 March 2005, 07:37 PM
furrydice79
Scooby Regular

ROAD ANGEL!!!!!!!!
Old 18 March 2005, 07:45 PM
mickyjeff
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by furrydice79
ROAD ANGEL!!!!!!!!
thanks just got one dogs bol..cks
Old 18 March 2005, 07:49 PM
scoobydooooo
Scooby Regular

after or before plod said hello , hello , hello !!?
Old 18 March 2005, 07:52 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Hi

You could do this. Dont return the nip at all and get a large fine upto a £1000 and 3 points. This is for failing to identify the driver and a MS90 DVLA code. Downside to this is some insurance companies slam your premium. Upside you get to keep your licence

Andy

Pepipoo.com
Old 18 March 2005, 07:53 PM
mickyjeff
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobydooooo
after or before plod said hello , hello , hello !!?
after the event road angel works fine wish i had got it sooner
Old 18 March 2005, 07:56 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by furrydice79
ROAD ANGEL!!!!!!!!
It won't help you against the revenue vans though, if you're lucky you might get a beep from the laser detector to tell you to expect an NIP.

Speaking from experience.

On the plus side, it said 84 on my NIP which is eactly what the RA was reading when it beeped and flashed "Laser" - so at least they're accurate.
Old 18 March 2005, 07:56 PM
scoobydooooo
Scooby Regular

yea , i've got a snooper and fell naked driving without it !! saved my bacon on a couple of occasions !!
Old 18 March 2005, 08:06 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Road Angel for sure, sorry to hear that, MadLad I take it you never speed
Old 18 March 2005, 08:16 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

Sneaky ******* mate!!! There's a dual carriage way on the way to Lytham. 50 limit, Sunday morning speed van sat opposite a speed camera!!!! the camera pointing one way the van the other.The van was getting people as they came under a bridge on the opposite carriageway about 200m away! Luckily I passed it on the way and it was still there on the way backso Iwas doing 49mph! Why have 50mph dual carriageways when theres nothing around for 2-3 miles?? Sympathy for you mate!!
dave
Old 18 March 2005, 08:34 PM
mickyjeff
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by misty
Sneaky ******* mate!!! There's a dual carriage way on the way to Lytham. 50 limit, Sunday morning speed van sat opposite a speed camera!!!! the camera pointing one way the van the other.The van was getting people as they came under a bridge on the opposite carriageway about 200m away! Luckily I passed it on the way and it was still there on the way backso Iwas doing 49mph! Why have 50mph dual carriageways when theres nothing around for 2-3 miles?? Sympathy for you mate!!
dave
cheers dave cant trust the ******* they are everywhere
mick
Old 18 March 2005, 09:18 PM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

Angry

nowadays it is purely revenue generating,dual carriageway speedlimit 50-what is the point of it
martin
Old 18 March 2005, 09:23 PM
rizzy
BANNED

thanks for the support road conditions very wide open dual carridgeway no schools nothing great road surface suddenly drops to fifty for about fifty metres then back to seventy been back today and cant figure out why, first time out in the scoob and until the get in the van flashed his lights can honestly say i had no idea how quick we were going lucky it was only 87 i suppose i dare say a lot of scooby owners have had there fair share of tickets i will take mine on the chin all i can say to madlad is get yourself up to stockton a warm welcome is`assured
is the veichle registerd in your name?if not then you mite have a way round it
Old 18 March 2005, 10:01 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Is the wife insured to drive it ? Also consider, if you get a ban go book a short break in Dubai. Sit your UAE driving test whilst over there and you can drive on it upon your return If you get caught whilst driving on that, they can't even endorse it
Old 19 March 2005, 12:18 AM
MadLad
Scooby Regular

So, I voice an opinion on here and get threats and get called a tw*t.

You think its OK to do 87 in a 50 limit and then come crying on here for sympathy when you get cought.
We all at some point go over the speed limit, but 37 over is a bit of a no-no even if you think it's safe.
If the road was open and clear visibility, why didn't you see the van, they are big enough to spot on an open duel carriageway, maybe you weren't paying attention and were too busy looking at something else. You also said that "you had no idea what speed you were doing, luckily it was only 87" not very responsible driving was it? maybe youd be better driving a Metro that won't get you into trouble so easily.
Old 19 March 2005, 08:21 AM
ThrustSSC
Scooby Regular

You think its OK to do 87 in a 50 limit and then come crying on here for sympathy when you get cought.
We all at some point go over the speed limit, but 37 over is a bit of a no-no even if you think it's safe.
If the road was open and clear visibility, why didn't you see the van, they are big enough to spot on an open duel carriageway, maybe you weren't paying attention and were too busy looking at something else. You also said that "you had no idea what speed you were doing, luckily it was only 87" not very responsible driving was it? maybe youd be better driving a Metro that won't get you into trouble so easily.
Madlad, your language isn't exactly the most diplomatic, but I have to say I agree. 37 over the limit, not keeping a good enough look out, and "can honestly say i had no idea how quick we were going" isn't exactly responsible driving!

mickyjeff, you committed the offense, and you say "i will take mine on the chin". Good for you - I really hate it when folks come on here and want to wheedle their way out of taking responsibility for their actions! I hope in the long run this lesson keeps you and others alive and safe (and their Scoobys looking nice and shiny too )!
Old 19 March 2005, 01:29 PM
mpr
Scooby Regular

I think that wishing someone to get banned when they haven't really done anyone any harm is a defining characteristic of a ****.

Now drink drivers,no insurance etc etc deserve banning but someone speeding, in a safe manner (as judged by visibility and road conditions as well as the manner of their driving) does not deserve to be banned for a single offence IMHO.

Its alright saying 37 over the limit repeatedly but you can easily miss a speed sign when you're concentrating on what you're supposed to be (ie the road and not the speedo or some half baked speed limit sign). Lets face it, most "DUAL" (note the spelling) carriage ways are 70 mph so in that context 87 does not seem that excessive IMHO.

If the police actually took time out to catch some of the tossers who are drink driving and driving without insurance then people might have a bit more respect for them..... but no - that's too hard - its much easier to sit on your **** in a van persecuting people who are decent and law abiding in every way apart from not obeying some outdated speed limit.

And yes you can miss the copper in the van when there is good visibility cus the t@sser will have hidden behind a bush to maximise his revenue for the day!

rant over!
Old 19 March 2005, 02:01 PM
George Sayers
Scooby Regular

Default Speeding

Take a look at Pepipoo which is a forum for fighting the revenue scammers. You may want to fight the case using something like the PACE witness statement.

Check it out and good luck.
Old 19 March 2005, 05:40 PM
mickyjeff
Scooby Regular

madlad
i dont think i said it was ok to speed and certainly not 87 in a 50 the reason i put the thread was to say what had happened to me that day not for sympathy i have driven for 31 years i have had TVRS,e types, trans ams and all sorts of sports cars,never a ticket, i drop my guard for a split second and give the scoob to much right foot and get caught by a very very well hidden camera van if you think you are getting threats then maybe coming on hear acting like a complete prat is the reason for this, you never know we might meet at a rally or track day and discuss or differences and do you really know what your exact speed at all times, do you ever look at the road
mickyjeff

Quick Reply: got done two days old