Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

What should I do about this damage...

Search this Thread

Old 13 March 2005, 09:06 AM
Wuss
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy What should I do about this damage...

My wife parked the car at work and managed to find what she thought was a good space. However, when she returned to the car she found about five or six very deep dents in the drivers door. I will post up a picture, but my first question is, should I be looking for a new door or should I try to get the dents beaten out and resprayed? The damage is pretty bad and I think the door will probably be a 'write off'.

The dents were caused by a large wheelie bin falling against the car!! How that happened we will never know. At first I thought someone had vandalised the car...

So,

(a) new door, or
(b) dent removal / respray?

Mark.
Old 13 March 2005, 09:12 AM
donutman
Scooby Regular

i would say new door skin, but a pic would help
Old 13 March 2005, 11:32 AM
Wuss
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I'll take them now...
Old 13 March 2005, 11:50 AM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

dent devils or whatever they are called. its about £75 for a panel and as long as the paint is not damaged they can pull the dents out. you can always get there opinion on it 1st
Old 13 March 2005, 11:53 AM
Dxx
Scooby Regular

Your choice. If car is new, then new door might be a better option. You can just get a new door skin, but where the new skin is welded to the door, you run the risk of rust if it's not done properly. Hence if new car, prob go for full new door. Of course, if car older, skin is the cheaper option. Have faced the exact similar dilemma in past after large car park dent was put in driver's door, and no note left!!! I went for a full new door as car was new.
Dxx
Old 13 March 2005, 12:47 PM
TAINTON
Scooby Regular

Makes you bloody sick these people, my front bumper had some deep scratches added last week respray in order me thinks.

As for dents I had pretty big one on previous car and paid £35 to remove it, you couldnt tell afterwards either top job.

They used to/ or normally just charge by the panel aswell so shouldnt cost too much as on one door. Maybe worth a try.

Good Luck

Ashley
Old 13 March 2005, 01:03 PM
Wuss
Scooby Regular

Angry

It's an DBM MY00 so it's hardly a new car. Added to that, I have owned it since new in London (on street parking) so it has been bashed about for years. I can normally live with the odd scratch / door ding, but this is much worse - the dent is about half an inch deep and the paint is gone so there is only the grey metal remaining!

I think a bodyshop may be my only option...
Old 13 March 2005, 03:16 PM
John P
Scooby Regular

Hi

If this has happened at your wifes work try to see if you can work out how the damage has been caused, if a wheelie bin then speak to the company and see if you cn get them to pay for repair. At my work a friends car had a movable sign fall on his car during high wind and he managed to et them to pay up.