Some newbie advice required...

Search this Thread

Old 05 March 2005, 09:48 PM
Feffers
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Some newbie advice required...

Hi all,
I know you must get the same questions over and over but would someone mind telling me what the differances are between an Import 94 wrx and a uk 94. As I understand it the wrx is 280bhp as opposed to 220? Whats the 0-60 on both of them? Other than the engine are there any other differances? Basically im after an import and just need a bit more info on them!

Oh yeah one more thing, anyone fancy swapping there scoob for a 94 Fto GPX, top condition 50k miles!!....just thought id ask!!!

Cheers all,
Old 05 March 2005, 09:54 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im pretty sure the wrx is 240bhp the sti is 276bhp (well on later years anyway) I think the uk car was 207bhp too......

someone will be along soon to help you out with proper info though

Gary
Old 05 March 2005, 09:55 PM
dj219957
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome,

a 94 import will be 240 ps (about 236ishbhp). It will have to be run on optimax or super unleaded fuel at least. Use an octain booster if you have a heavy right foot. Becuase of the lower fuel grade over here you may see less bhp
The uk car will be about 208 bhp
The jap car will have a rear wiper and air con. The uk will not.
There are lots of other little differnces but i bet other peeps will come in and point them out.

eerrrr no i dont want to swap!

Andy

Originally Posted by Feffers
Hi all,
I know you must get the same questions over and over but would someone mind telling me what the differances are between an Import 94 wrx and a uk 94. As I understand it the wrx is 280bhp as opposed to 220? Whats the 0-60 on both of them? Other than the engine are there any other differances? Basically im after an import and just need a bit more info on them!

Oh yeah one more thing, anyone fancy swapping there scoob for a 94 Fto GPX, top condition 50k miles!!....just thought id ask!!!

Cheers all,
Old 05 March 2005, 11:01 PM
Feffers
Scooby Regular

cool. cheers lads. Whats the WRX RA like? Is there a site which lists all the models?

Go on Andy, you know you fancy a career i hairdressing...
Old 05 March 2005, 11:24 PM
dj219957
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol..no thanks ive spent too much money getting mine how i like it.
The ra should be cheaper (was cheaper when new). It has a stonger block (closed deck) and is lighter cos it has some bits taken off, i.e spoiler (depending on year) no leccy windows, fogs, side skirts etc. It also has a group n gear box. Nice car imo. Something different. Although im not sure what there like to insure as most insurers dont have the model on there list (i think) Youll find soem are listed as a gl on the log book!
If i were you i would go for the import as theres loads to choose from. I would recomend you get it remaped for uk fuel to be safe though.
Whats brought you over to scoobs from a fto?

Originally Posted by Feffers
cool. cheers lads. Whats the WRX RA like? Is there a site which lists all the models?

Go on Andy, you know you fancy a career i hairdressing...
Old 05 March 2005, 11:42 PM
Feffers
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the advice dj. To be honest ive always wanted a scoob. I took a my98 for a test drive back in 2000 but I couldnt really afford it (not at 20yrs old!). The bug was firmly got after that though. The fto is a great motor imho and a good all rounder and at the time was the best bet for 5k!Im paying through the nose on insurance at the mo (ig 18!) and was quite surprised that you can pick up a wrx for under 5k. So the plan is to flog the mitsi and get a wrx.
My mrs is gutted, she loves the FTO and lives in essex where there seems to be a shedload of chav t0ssers driving Imprezas giving them a bad name! Lakeside car park is like an Impreza show room.lol.

Originally Posted by dj219957
lol..no thanks ive spent too much money getting mine how i like it.
The ra should be cheaper (was cheaper when new). It has a stonger block (closed deck) and is lighter cos it has some bits taken off, i.e spoiler (depending on year) no leccy windows, fogs, side skirts etc. It also has a group n gear box. Nice car imo. Something different. Although im not sure what there like to insure as most insurers dont have the model on there list (i think) Youll find soem are listed as a gl on the log book!
If i were you i would go for the import as theres loads to choose from. I would recomend you get it remaped for uk fuel to be safe though.
Whats brought you over to scoobs from a fto?