Sponsored by:

Why do people hate Scooby's ?

Search this Thread

Old 03 March 2005, 08:56 AM
R*** ANT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Why do people hate Scooby's ?

This week i have had 2 transit vans, a really old e class merc, a ford focus and a ford mondeo (obviously a company car by the amount of dents on it). All try and run me off the road.

I am not an agressive driver infact my friends at work take th P*SS out of me because I dont thrash my scooby and I drive sensibly. I have also had an advanced licence for 6 years now. I drive according to the conditions around me.

I know for a fact I have done nothing in any way to upset any of the above mentioned vehicles, however they all had the burning desire to off road me into a ditch or barrier. One transit van even followed me to my house so I took a detour and lost him at some traffic lights!!!!

WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03 March 2005, 09:01 AM
mudfrog
Scooby Regular

Thats sounds really odd to me!

Maybe they were trying to get you to put your foot down.
Old 03 March 2005, 09:05 AM
555wrx
Scooby Regular

Your not Tony Blair or the head of the CSA are you?
Old 03 March 2005, 09:11 AM
stijoy
Scooby Regular

happens to me all the time, they are just trying to get you to do something stupid, just keep going at the speed limit you are in, if i get really pissed off i pull off whenever a layby comes up, knowing full well you can wipe the floor with them.
Old 03 March 2005, 09:14 AM
R*** ANT
Scooby Regular

Problem is the wife is freaked out the transit van followed me home!
Old 03 March 2005, 09:18 AM
mudfrog
Scooby Regular

Maybe you should report it to the Police.

Not trying to scare you or anything but he might have followed you home to find out where the car is kept so he could steal it.

Or maybe he was just a dick head who was jealous of the car you work hard for to buy!
Old 03 March 2005, 10:47 AM
Duck_Pond
Scooby Regular

Report it to the Police... hmm.

Before Xmas, on the way to Mum's for her Sunday roast, I was the designated driver and was tootling round the nearby housing estates, laughing at the OTT lights on some of the houses, with my brothers and sister in the car.

As I was driving along, I noticed that the car behind had got very close indeed to my back bumper; I wasn't going too slowly, so I thought "S*d you, I'll adhere to exactly 30 mph and you can tailgate to your heart's content..."

Carried on for a few hundred yards like this, and I turned off towards the pub (we go there first). The car stayed behind. "Prat" I thought, so took a detour through some other roads. Still tailgating me.

"Right, f**k you then" I thought, and headed to the local Police station, with him following - my intention being to pull over outside it and find out what this prat's problem was.

As I reached the front of the station, the car behind, slowed, and turned off into the Carpark of the Police Station. Yes, the car behind was an unmarked car, and was driving like a complete tit to bait me into speeding.

No, I didn't report it, as the area in which I live has very few Scoobies and I know the mentality of some of the police in the area - just not worth it.

As for people hating Scoobies - you take the rough with the smooth. They're idolised by many people who stare as you drive by, and other Scooby drivers flash & wave at you, much like those who own Minis and Beetles.

I feel sorry for BMW drivers who, from the actions of a few execs on motorways, have all got a bad name, and are now never let out at junctions etc.
Old 03 March 2005, 10:50 AM
GrollySTI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by R*** ANT
This week i have had 2 transit vans, a really old e class merc, a ford focus and a ford mondeo (obviously a company car by the amount of dents on it). All try and run me off the road.

I am not an agressive driver infact my friends at work take th P*SS out of me because I dont thrash my scooby and I drive sensibly. I have also had an advanced licence for 6 years now. I drive according to the conditions around me.

I know for a fact I have done nothing in any way to upset any of the above mentioned vehicles, however they all had the burning desire to off road me into a ditch or barrier. One transit van even followed me to my house so I took a detour and lost him at some traffic lights!!!!

WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TURN YOUR REAR FOG LIGHT OFF!!!!!!

only joking
Old 03 March 2005, 11:42 AM
imprezaturbochick
Scooby Regular

Default Why????

Cos theres so f**king many of em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03 March 2005, 11:48 AM
Duck_Pond
Scooby Regular

Oh yeah - millions of them... why, here at w*rk, looking across the car park, I can see nothing but Imprezas, to the left, to the right - everywhere. Not a Ford, VW, Vauxhall, Audi, BMW, Rover, Toyota in sight.

Eejit
Old 03 March 2005, 11:53 AM
Duck_Pond
Scooby Regular

Quite agree Dai, and mine has a pr!ck in it too
Old 03 March 2005, 11:55 AM
imprezaturbochick
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Duck_Pond
Quite agree Dai, and mine has a pr!ck in it too
nice one!!
Old 03 March 2005, 11:56 AM
***scoobybabe***
Scooby Regular

i really dont agree with that! scoobys are powerful and respected(most of the time)and their not exactly cheep r they. so, no, not everyone has got one, like the vectra or the corsa!!! apologise for that remark!!

Last edited by sammyh; 14 March 2005 at 05:54 PM.
Old 03 March 2005, 11:58 AM
daiscooby
BANNED

Originally Posted by ***scoobybabe***
i really dont agree with that! scoobys are powerful and respected(most of the time)and their not exactly cheep r they. so, no, not everyone has got one, like the vectra or the corsa!!! apologise for that remark!!

OK only c_unts with money to waste have them

And DP, always said you was a bender mate
Old 03 March 2005, 11:58 AM
Duck_Pond
Scooby Regular

Don't worry ***scoobybabe*** Dai is an ex-Scooby owner, who sold his to afford a new shiny pair of scissors for his salon in the Valleys He now prefers wankel-powered motors, appropriate really
Old 03 March 2005, 12:00 PM
***scoobybabe***
Scooby Regular

Don't worry ***scoobybabe*** Dai is an ex-Scooby owner, who sold his to afford a new shiny pair of scissors for his salon in the Valleys He now prefers wankel-powered motors, appropriate really
lol at u!!!!!
Old 03 March 2005, 12:02 PM
***scoobybabe***
Scooby Regular

listen lads, as a girl driver of an inmpreza, should i be required to know anything about engines??? ive just been told, i am nothin but a poser!!! i argue, that i am a good respectful driver and i neednt know alot about engines, other than to do an oil change or put water in my wiper bottle??? am i missing something??
Old 03 March 2005, 12:02 PM
daiscooby
BANNED

BUT I'M THE ONLY ONE IN MY VILLAGE, RIGHT !!!!!

And it was a new pair of shiny scissors and a a life time supply of conditioner so
Old 03 March 2005, 12:05 PM
baz69birds
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by R*** ANT
One transit van even followed me to my house so I took a detour and lost him at some traffic lights!!!!

WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YES report this to the POLICE, ive heard of too many attempted/car jacks latly, in the midlands/north of the counrty, not as many in the south YET!!! thank god.
just always BE AWARE!!!!!!
Old 03 March 2005, 12:06 PM
daiscooby
BANNED

listen lads, as a girl driver of an inmpreza, should i be required to know anything about engines??? ive just been told, i am nothin but a poser!!! i argue, that i am a good respectful driver and i neednt know alot about engines, other than to do an oil change or put water in my wiper bottle??? am i missing something??
Dont worry your pretty little head about it love. Get the man in your life to do that sort of thing while you do the woman things like cooking and cleaning. Here is a picture of some kittens to make you feel less threatened

Dont forget a man only stays with a women who has small feet so she can get really close to the sink and the cooker
Old 03 March 2005, 12:09 PM
imprezaturbochick
Scooby Regular

I asked you IF u were just a poser not said that u are!!!!!!!!!!!!

As you said, you know the basics and like your car and can drive it!! Thats all i was asking!!!!!!
Old 03 March 2005, 12:11 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

...other than to do an oil change...
LOL

Though some people do their own oil changes, the process isn't as simple as it might seem.

J.
Old 03 March 2005, 12:11 PM
***scoobybabe***
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by imprezaturbochick
I asked you IF u were just a poser not said that u are!!!!!!!!!!!!

As you said, you know the basics and like your car and can drive it!! Thats all i was asking!!!!!!
yes i do pose in it!!! like i said who doesnt???? my car is my world! nice to chat to you!
Old 03 March 2005, 12:13 PM
***scoobybabe***
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by daiscooby
Dont worry your pretty little head about it love. Get the man in your life to do that sort of thing while you do the woman things like cooking and cleaning. Here is a picture of some kittens to make you feel less threatened

Dont forget a man only stays with a women who has small feet so she can get really close to the sink and the cooker
funny that! my man does the cooking and cleaning, so why do i stay with him?? cos he bought me my car!!! you are an arrogant pig!!!
Old 03 March 2005, 12:13 PM
imprezaturbochick
Scooby Regular

Everyone poses!!! Its natural!! Y buy the thing in first place if ur not going to????!!!!!

Likewise!!! All my money goes into every car i buy and its worth it everytime i go out driving and rinse other cars!!! Love cars and driving!!!!
Old 03 March 2005, 12:14 PM
Duck_Pond
Scooby Regular

No, he's the only Welsh pansy in the village
Old 03 March 2005, 12:19 PM
***scoobybabe***
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by imprezaturbochick
Everyone poses!!! Its natural!! Y buy the thing in first place if ur not going to????!!!!!

Likewise!!! All my money goes into every car i buy and its worth it everytime i go out driving and rinse other cars!!! Love cars and driving!!!!
i completely agree! ive only had the car for a month now, so still getting used to it. it brightens my day, every morning i get into it. there nuffin like drivin an impreza!!!
Old 03 March 2005, 12:24 PM
daiscooby
BANNED

No, he's the only Welsh pansy in the village
I am as well

Shall I post the picture of you in the hat DP ?.
Old 03 March 2005, 12:25 PM
imprezaturbochick
Scooby Regular

Never used to like em til i bought one!

Had loads of cars but never over 210bhp so this is a start!! Got the money to spend to make her 300bhp (hopefully) then i can enjoy her properly!! And have races with the wrx import boys!!
Old 03 March 2005, 12:38 PM
Gooner
Scooby Regular

Talking

You ain't missing anything, I am 43 years old, a bloke, engineer by trade, drive a WR1 and understandthe basics, however, start getting into the technicalities of any car and I get lost !
SO DO NOT WORRY!

Quick Reply: Why do people hate Scooby's ?