Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Right o.k... So whats out there REALLY?

Search this Thread

Old 15 February 2005, 11:08 PM
Impreza_wanted_need_info
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Right o.k... So whats out there REALLY?

For the past 2 weeks i have been trying hard to do all the research i can about scoobies before buying one...

I getting confused now..Am i right in thinking the following:

import:

1. WRX 4 door
2. WRX 5 door
3. WRX STi
4. WRX STi with DCCD
5. JDM WRX STi with DCCD
6. JDM WRX STi Spec C
7. JDM WRX STi Spec c Type RA
8. WRX STi WR1
9. WRX STi Type 20
10. WRX STi Type 25

Subaru Direct:

1. WRX 4 door
2. WRX 5 door
3. WRX STi Type UK

Now from the UK dealers, does there STi come with the DCCD as standard as i cant find anything on the internet or in there catalogues to show that? Thats the big question?

Also is the first list in order of performance from the engines?

(please lets not take into account the import issues like the under seal which we have talked about in another thread, i am just curious about performance and DCCD systems)
Old 15 February 2005, 11:38 PM
Beastie
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Wr1 is a uk car - apart from that i think you have it if you are talking about new cars. Type 20 & 25 are available from www.litimports.co.uk exclusively and can be applied to a range of imprezas supplied by them. i.e. really upgrades.
There is a little more detail to add about Euro imports and JDM imports i.e. WRX STi - Euro Import WRX STi DCCD Euro Import.

The current UK Model 2005 STi available from UK dealers has DCCD as standard as does the WR1. There may be some new WR1s still available but no-one really knows.
Old 15 February 2005, 11:57 PM
Impreza_wanted_need_info
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Beastie

The current UK Model 2005 STi available from UK dealers has DCCD as standard as does the WR1. There may be some new WR1s still available but no-one really knows.
right.. thats one of the biggest things i wanted to know cause i couldnt find that under the tec spec on the Subaru official site.

Thank you!
Old 16 February 2005, 12:03 AM
Impreza_wanted_need_info
Scooby Regular

Right so Subaru direct: £25,995 OTR
Litchfield: MY05 Impreza STI with DCCD - £23,495 OTR

Its not a huge saving, but it is a good saving.

I got to admit my budget was around the £20k mark... but if its worth saving that extra bit for that spec then thats gonna have to be the one.... hmm..
Old 16 February 2005, 11:22 AM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

I didn't think the WR1 came with DCCD, which is why when the MY05 STi was released there was a few ppl moaning on here ?

Andy
Old 16 February 2005, 11:42 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

WR1 does have DCCD ! Cheapest I've seen second hand is £27.5k, which when you consider what you can get an 05 for with the improved suspension and geometry, DCCD and the colour of your choice, makes them seem a little overpriced for any demand. When they drop into the £21k-ish bracket I may consider one, purely on insurance grounds as they have all the toys you really want as standard, thus avoiding any modding premiums.
Old 16 February 2005, 12:39 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Impreza_wanted_need_info
Right so Subaru direct: £25,995 OTR
Litchfield: MY05 Impreza STI with DCCD - £23,495 OTR

Its not a huge saving, but it is a good saving.

I got to admit my budget was around the £20k mark... but if its worth saving that extra bit for that spec then thats gonna have to be the one.... hmm..

Is the litchfield one you quoted UK or JDM ?? If it's JDM it will be better than the UK one, but warranty will be lacking.
Old 16 February 2005, 12:57 PM
simo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
WR1 does have DCCD ! Cheapest I've seen second hand is £27.5k, which when you consider what you can get an 05 for with the improved suspension and geometry, DCCD and the colour of your choice, makes them seem a little overpriced for any demand. When they drop into the £21k-ish bracket I may consider one, purely on insurance grounds as they have all the toys you really want as standard, thus avoiding any modding premiums.
You have knackered your own argument re over priced imho
they have all the toys you really want as standard.
18" wheels, PPP (315bhp) driving lights etc. These things add up to 4k+ so add that to the 26k for a my05 & you have 30k +. And ike you said, insurance will be cheaper on a WR1 as it is all standard.
Old 16 February 2005, 04:22 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Not really. No-one will pay £26k for a new STi anyway, more like £23.5k or even £22k from importers. Although the PFF7's are a lovely wheel, alternatives can be had for less and it leaves the choice up to you. Driving lights are a luxury that most don't really need, but if you must It won't be long 'til Hella or someone brings out an aftermarket kit for 03+ Scoobs at around half Subaru's price. The colour is another area of choice. I for one like the Ice Blue, but very many did not so the choice will be welcome. Add the new suspension set-up and improved interior, plus the all new 3yr warranty instead of inheriting whatever remains on the 2nd hand WR1, and what about the free servicing deal ? You've got me on the insurance though.

Another nail in the coffin is the rumoured 2.5l due supposedly in November. When that's launched, who's gonna want a 2l ? Don't get me wrong, I like the WR1 and would have one like a shot. Just not for that money.
Old 16 February 2005, 06:02 PM
Impreza_wanted_need_info
Scooby Regular

I have found an 04 STI Type UK in silver for just £19,995 with 8000 miles on the clock.

Its over in derby and seams like a cracking deal. Going to see them this weekend.
Old 16 February 2005, 08:00 PM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

WR1 does have DCCD !
Doh! I stand Ccorrected