Sponsored by:

PPP on a standard wrx

Search this Thread

Old 21 January 2005, 10:53 PM
Smeatser
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PPP on a standard wrx

Looking at a new wrx for my next company car which is due for change in a couple of months. I am looking at sneeking the pro-drive performance pack on it, does anyone know how this affects fuel economy?

Also looking at in the new grey colour with the 18" pro-drive alloys, any comments?
Old 21 January 2005, 11:02 PM
virgin
Scooby Regular

Yep got one with ppp

i get 300 miles to the tank driven hard on dual carrige ways and motorways and traffic

costs around 38 to 42 pound to fill

also travel 14O miles day !

ppp has just got to be fitted, no questions asked, its a must im afraid , the just wont detroy most other cars without it, 5.9 down to 4.8 to 60 with more torque than a standard sti
Old 21 January 2005, 11:06 PM
craigdmcd
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Smeatser
Looking at a new wrx for my next company car which is due for change in a couple of months. I am looking at sneeking the pro-drive performance pack on it, does anyone know how this affects fuel economy?

Also looking at in the new grey colour with the 18" pro-drive alloys, any comments?
Got an 04 WRX with a PPP pack fitted since new, so can't give before and after, but it does give around 22mpg, more if the wife drives it (well it is her car). The new colour looks fabulous, and will look superb with Prodrive Rims, get the Prodrive lowering kit and the SL pack and you'll have a really Gucci car.
Craig
Old 21 January 2005, 11:12 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Thumbs up

Most peeps find either slight improvement if driven fairly spiritly +2mpg peeps doing lots of motorway use, say no difference in mpg IIRC A vast improvement in the Drivability of the car

18" pro-drive alloys, any comments?
They should be available now as the new MY05 wheels has different PCD to the previous models IIRC

Check out PRODRIVE

Tony

Ps enjoy
Old 21 January 2005, 11:16 PM
Smeatser
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Cheers Craig, dont know about the lowering kit and SL package!, my boss wants me to get a merc or a bmw!!!!! (I AM 28!!), aint too happy about my interest in a scubi. I think the rims and ppp will be about my limit in respect of bling!

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY PICS OF A STANDARD WRX WITH THE GREY PPP RIMS ON, PREFERABLY THE NEW GREY COLOUR
Old 21 January 2005, 11:21 PM
Bartop
Scooby Regular

You'll be wanting one of these then

Got mine just before xmas and had it PPP'd last week - all I can say is go for it, you won't be disappointed
PPP in itself doesn't make the mpg worse I'm led to believe, more likely to be that you'll be tempted to drive it harder though
Mine are the 18" OZ prodrive alloys in anthracite, looks cool with the Crystal Grey I think although darker than I had imagined. I think the wheels are the same for the MY05 WRX but different on this years Sti - someone can confirm no doubt..
Enjoy !
Old 21 January 2005, 11:28 PM
Smeatser
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the web site Tony, loads of info there.

Cool thanx for the picture, yes the non standard alloys definately set the car off, however the standard rims on the crystal grey car also do actualy look well smart as the colour is nearly idential. I will probably be going for the prodrive rims as on the new WR1!, again colour being pretty complimentary..
Old 21 January 2005, 11:33 PM
craigdmcd
Scooby Regular

Cheers Craig, dont know about the lowering kit and SL package!, my boss wants me to get a merc or a bmw!!!!! (I AM 28!!), aint too happy about my interest in a scubi. I think the rims and ppp will be about my limit in respect of bling!

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY PICS OF A STANDARD WRX WITH THE GREY PPP RIMS ON, PREFERABLY THE NEW GREY COLOUR
The car does need the spring kit definately, not only aesthetically, but body control also(this coming from the man who has had the kit sitting in his garage for 8 months even though he has the tools and access to a £20K geometry set-up). The SL kit gives it a much more refined feel inside (tell the boss it will make it more like a Merc or BMW), and I forgot to mention, if you go with the rims, you have got to get a larger spoiler, will post pics of the wife's car tomorrow to prove the point.
Craig
Old 21 January 2005, 11:37 PM
Smeatser
Scooby Regular

Cheers Craig! I look forward to seeing them.....

Dont realy want the larger spoiler as I currently drive a MGZS180 and the distorted rear view really p!$$es me off, also as an extra it is over a grand for one to be ftted!!!
Old 22 January 2005, 12:07 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

PPP is well worth it. On my 03 I can get 32.75mpg keeping it just under boost at 70mph on long motorway hauls, more like 20-24 in the twisties Wouldn't bother with Subaru/Prodrive wheels though. You could get some aftermarket OZ's for much less, 18" Superlegerras are usually around 1k, fitted, with tyres. I'd consider the springs, remembering that if they're ordered with the car, you don't pay for fitting Replica STi (or others) spoliers can be had for as little as 400. A few things worth doing after you've got it are changing the rear droplinks (60 quid) and getting a good geometry set-up done (40-80 quid) to tighten up the handling. You could go the whole hog and do the fronts too, plus an anti-lift kit and uprated ARB's (total around 400 quid)
Old 22 January 2005, 10:59 AM
virgin
Scooby Regular

Yep and it goes on and on and on and on !!!!!!!!

Remember omissions as well mate if its a company car
Old 22 January 2005, 02:42 PM
hades
Scooby Regular

PPP I believe like most minor mods will make the fuel consumption noticeably worse IF you drive it hard and use the extra power. However, the reduced losses in the exhaust will make the fuel consumption slightly better on a motorway cruise or similar.

Originally Posted by virgin
Remember omissions as well mate if its a company car
Why? What's being left out?
Old 22 January 2005, 03:21 PM
virgin
Scooby Regular

oops

incidently, the ppp can improve the fueling sometimes as you change gear less due to the torque increase
Old 22 January 2005, 03:22 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Thumbs up

Cheers for the web site Tony, loads of info there.
No problem here is also a good link for loads of sites Subaru related SUBARU LINKS

MORE SUBARU LINKS

Originally Posted by Bartop
I think the wheels are the same for the MY05 WRX but different on this years Sti - someone can confirm no doubt..
Enjoy !
Sorry I may have miss led you about the wheel PCD My poor memory and missquotes are legendary on here As Bartop say's, only different on the MY05STi

MY05STi wheels are PCD 114.5mm ALL previous Impreza's were PCD 100mm although offset varied greatly on different years/models IIRC

Originally Posted by virgin
incidently, the ppp can improve the fueling sometimes as you change gear less due to the torque increase
Virgin is quite right IMHO

Anyway welcome to the mad house

Tony

Last edited by T5NYW; 23 January 2005 at 12:12 AM.