PPP, What Next ?

Search this Thread

Old 08 January 2005, 01:30 PM
Mavster
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PPP, What Next ?

Hi,
I have an 04 STI Type UK with PPP fitted, it's Great but I believe the WR1 outputs 320 bhp's as opposed to PPP's 300 (correct me if i'm wrong on this), how does the WR1 gain the extra BHP ? Is the engine map slightly different ?? Also, is there anything, short of fitting NOS, that can boost the performance of a PPP fitted Scoob ?
Old 08 January 2005, 01:42 PM
New_scooby_04

Hiya,

333bhp is possible with the performance pack from TSL, but since you've already got a safe 300bhp AND a warranty, personally, I'd leave well alone. For the magnitude of the gains you're looking at, it doesn't seem worth the expense and the loss of security that a warranty affords!

Best wishes
Old 08 January 2005, 03:58 PM
wrxmania
Scooby Regular

There is a guy selling the full WR1 Prodrive pack in the back of the new issue of Jap Performance - ECU, exhaust etc. May be worth a try

Brian
Old 08 January 2005, 04:12 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Rather than upping the power, why not go for some handling mods such as the Prodrive spring kit ?
Old 08 January 2005, 07:03 PM
davedipster
Scooby Senior

The PPP is fast enough for me, I would spend the money on suspension mods and driving lessons.
Dipster
Old 08 January 2005, 08:10 PM
alwong
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MJW
Rather than upping the power, why not go for some handling mods such as the Prodrive spring kit ?
I have the sti 8 ppp. Will the prodrive springs make a considerable difference?
Old 09 January 2005, 11:19 AM
mwp
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alwong
I have the sti 8 ppp. Will the prodrive springs make a considerable difference?
yes - considerable.
Old 09 January 2005, 11:39 AM
Elmer Fudpucker
BANNED

Have any cars fitted with the PPP actually been proven to achieve 300bhp yet?,cos I know mine didn't

My car had Prodrive springs fitted when I bought it,so I can't comment if its an improvement or not...if it is,then the originals must have been pretty unbearable

I have recently added front and rear strut braces which to my surprise has tightened things up a bit in the handling/feel/hero driving department,but as a long distance mile muncher the suspension sucks.

I recently had to 'ferry' a car mad apprentice from work to the Euro Tunnel,at the half-way point(100 miles) he begged to be let out so that he could catch a bus
Old 09 January 2005, 02:12 PM
ThrustSSC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Elmer Fudpucker
I have recently added front and rear strut braces which to my surprise has tightened things up a bit in the handling/feel/hero driving department,but as a long distance mile muncher the suspension sucks.

I recently had to 'ferry' a car mad apprentice from work to the Euro Tunnel,at the half-way point(100 miles) he begged to be let out so that he could catch a bus
I've got an MY03 PPP with PHP, and the ride is just lovely. I've done 40k miles in 16 months, and have no problem on distance work - nor does my other half, or her Dad, or any hitch-hikers I've given lifts to.

What the problem with yours?
Old 09 January 2005, 03:15 PM
anc-sti
Scooby Regular

Have any cars fitted with the PPP actually been proven to achieve 300bhp yet?,cos I know mine didn't

My car had Prodrive springs fitted when I bought it,so I can't comment if its an improvement or not...if it is,then the originals must have been pretty unbearable

If its bouncing about the dampers may be fooked, there is a known problem with them leaking oil.
Old 09 January 2005, 03:40 PM
chris's scooby
Scooby Regular

Be honest, you're with friends! It was just because of your driving really, wasn't it!
Old 09 January 2005, 04:16 PM
Elmer Fudpucker
BANNED

Originally Posted by anc-sti
If its bouncing about the dampers may be fooked, there is a known problem with them leaking oil.
Yep,good point.Both rear shocks are due to be replaced under warrenty next service

Be honest, you're with friends! It was just because of your driving really, wasn't it!
there is always that of course