Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

21 years on... and I finally get one!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 31 December 2004, 12:28 AM
Scoobnov2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 21 years on... and I finally get one!!!!

MY FIRST BRAND NEW SCALECTRIX!!!!!

Having had a decent enough childhood at 10 years old but always having to work my nut$ off for any pocket money, never was in a position to even buy a second hand set.

As I'm sure was the case for many of us...had to go round a well off mate's house who had a set to indulge in a bit of slotcar racing! (remember the old T.C.R??)

Well, The other day I decided to treat myself and seen as the wife and I were up oxford street shopping for baby clothes in the sale, thought i'd pay a visit to "The world's best toystore" as I've heard it advertised before.

WHAT A WASTE OF TIME!

The level of service if any left a lot to be desired.

Found a place on the net called Time Tunnel in Stevanage town centre. looked like they specialized in Scalextric so paid a visit to them yesterday and walked out with a Formula 1 set with the biggest track they do!!

Also took a couple of extra rally cars, an Evo 7 and a Ford focus (they were out of scoobs!!). The staff are excellent in their and they really know their stuff, well worth the trip and prices were better than Hamley's. They also do all the hopup bits and different cars.

IMO, you always get a better service from the smaller shops where the owners are "hands on" or they genuinley have knowledgable enthusiastic staff. and I would much rather give them the business.

Got home that evening and like the kid I am...had to set it up at 12am and have a go.....great fun! even got the missus to race with me!.

The cars are awsome too...4 wheel drive,lights and excellent detail to the decals and body's.

Would recommend it highly as a way of escaping the pressures of the daily grind of adult life and becoming a kid for a few hours!!

(+ you can get the ar$e out of the corners and spin off without wrecking your scoob!)
Old 31 December 2004, 09:05 AM
Mad Scientist
Scooby Regular

Location: I wish we had a non-profit making website to put here.

I got a set from the GF for Xmas! Great fun! Got a WRC Scoob and a WRC Skoda. Its amazing how long you can sit just going round and round.

Old 31 December 2004, 09:12 AM
bits'n'pieces
Scooby Regular

add 10% to the price at time tunnel though
Old 31 December 2004, 10:03 AM
wide
Scooby Regular

Bloody great being a kid again , went arond a mates and had a go on his boys , trouble was his boy got all grumpy cos we werent letting him have a go. Why do people buy things like that for a 4 yr old anyway
Old 31 December 2004, 11:18 AM
jowl
Scooby Regular

Meeting up with my (30yr old) Mate on Monday so we can join our tracks

I've got Hot Pursuit (Scooby with great back end drift) and police car. Also got 2004 WRC Scoob and one of them Evo things.

Just ordered a jump and track convertor so I can put my borthers old track on.

Already lost wing mirror and front grill of Scooby

Last edited by jowl; 31 December 2004 at 11:21 AM.
Old 31 December 2004, 11:34 AM
sjfozzy
Scooby Regular

Cool

don't know about buying one for a 4 year old, I got my son one before he was a year old!!!

He is now 4, and next year he might be allowed to play with the scooby
Old 03 January 2005, 05:08 PM
trackman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wide
Bloody great being a kid again , went arond a mates and had a go on his boys , trouble was his boy got all grumpy cos we werent letting him have a go. Why do people buy things like that for a 4 yr old anyway

Great post!!!
Old 04 January 2005, 12:56 AM
Scoobnov2
Scooby Regular

Wink

Tryin to convince a couple of mates to get as set each so we can lay out a combined track modelled on one of the GP circuits, now all I have to do is let the neigbours know the street will be closed for the day while we lay out the track!LOL

Seriously though....can't stress how much fun this is.... and you don't feel half as bad when you prang the cars safe in the knowledge that repair bills are a fraction of cost on your scoob!

Go on........you know you want one!