Sponsored by:

Captain Ted

Search this Thread

Old 25 December 2004, 09:06 PM
captain ted
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Captain Ted

Hi, I have just this week bought my first scoob. It's a 51 plate and I have waited more years than you can imagine to finally buy one. I have bought it from an independant dealer. My quandry is, it is due its 30k service and underseal. This alone will cost a bit but I am in two minds as to spend even more and extend the warranty wich is due now. I value opinions as to whether the cost is worth it or is it a large risk not to. Thanks.
Old 26 December 2004, 05:33 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by captain ted
Hi, I have just this week bought my first scoob. It's a 51 plate and I have waited more years than you can imagine to finally buy one. I have bought it from an independant dealer. My quandry is, it is due its 30k service and underseal. This alone will cost a bit but I am in two minds as to spend even more and extend the warranty wich is due now. I value opinions as to whether the cost is worth it or is it a large risk not to. Thanks.
Hi Captian and welcome!

Re extended warranty, it is a tough one and for me it would depend on the miles per year i was planning on doing. i did extend it on my last one as i was doing around 20K per annum and the car had covered 60K so it semed worth it for around £ 300.00 per year (i think that we the amount). if i was running it as a weekend rather than a daily driver i probably would not have bothered.

All the best

Paul
Old 26 December 2004, 05:56 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome

Scoobs are normally very reliable cars, but its really personal preference if you want to take out the extra 2 years or so on the extended warranty.
What it will give you is peice of mind if anything were to go wrong, and its not that expensive, though the underseal may cost you around 100 quid to have done, with the full body service

Tony
Old 26 December 2004, 06:02 PM
chris's scooby
Scooby Regular

Another way to look at it is do you have a few grand spare if the gearbox or engine decide to go pop?
Old 26 December 2004, 06:27 PM
captain ted
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys. Any idea how much the extended warranty on this milage car is?