Sponsored by:

THIEVING SCUM

Search this Thread

Old 23 November 2004, 09:31 PM
picasso
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb THIEVING SCUM

if anyone in the dewsbury/batley area is offered a pair of blue rear mudflaps with the pink STI graphics can you stick up a post.
mine were removed by this afternoon by three of our asian friends, in broad daylight and under full cctv coverage. they even had the audacity to come back to my car after being disturbed to try and nick the front ones.
the local plod have been informed who may want to highlight the "crime" in the local paper.
has anyone else in this area suffered a simillar fate?
i suppose its off to Goldens tomorrow to order a replacement set, but i think i,ll fit these using tamperproof screws.
Old 24 November 2004, 02:06 AM
Apple
Scooby Regular

try "Scott's Automotive" for a set - he's in Wakefield and has a banner ad, he posts as MegaBusa

some dealers have been known to sell them as they work out a tad (think country mile ) cheaper than the official Subaru ones and you try to tell the difference...
Old 24 November 2004, 02:59 AM
G4RUD
Scooby Regular

Maybe In Disguise would like to re-read his post before we pass anymore judgements.

Just a thought

Last edited by Little Miss WRX; 24 November 2004 at 08:34 AM. Reason: racism is not a light subject - edited to remove content of deleted post (LMW)
Old 24 November 2004, 08:02 AM
picasso
Scooby Regular

come on guys - i did not want to turn this into a racial issue, just to point out that in this case i was targetted by what, on the cctv film showed, was a well organised gang who seemed to know just what they wanted to nick.
nothing else on the car was touched. they didnt even try to gain entry to the car.
ok i did highlight the fact that they were asian but only to make other scooby drivers in the area aware of who to be looking out for
Old 24 November 2004, 08:38 AM
Little Miss WRX

Exclamation

Picasso, maybe you would consider altering the wording of your original post to something along the lines of "mine were removed by this afternoon by three men, who in my opinion looked asian, in broad daylight and under full cctv coverage."
Or indeed deleting that sentence completely and replacing it with the sentence relating to the matter in your above post.

As for the rest, please do not turn this into an issue of racism. He has made a request, please respond to the request and not offer opinion on the "what would or wouldn't happen if...." scenarios.

Scoobynet does not condone racism.

Regards,

Michelle.
Old 24 November 2004, 02:01 PM
theotherphil
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What picasso posted was in no way racist. I don't think he should have to edit his post because what he stated was fact. I think it's a little sexist that he has to say "mine were removed by this afternoon by three men".

My god, the world has gone mad with this PC rubbish

EDIT: Can I say god or will that offend somebody? I suppose it is OK as I am saying my god??

Last edited by theotherphil; 24 November 2004 at 02:04 PM.
Old 24 November 2004, 03:31 PM
DevilHimSelf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Little Miss WRX
Picasso, maybe you would consider altering the wording of your original post to something along the lines of "mine were removed by this afternoon by three men, who in my opinion looked asian, in broad daylight and under full cctv coverage."
Or indeed deleting that sentence completely and replacing it with the sentence relating to the matter in your above post.

As for the rest, please do not turn this into an issue of racism. He has made a request, please respond to the request and not offer opinion on the "what would or wouldn't happen if...." scenarios.

Scoobynet does not condone racism.

Regards,

Michelle.
Oh Ho

Here we go again, i would say that CCTV footage tells a thousand words, one of which was asian, and its this word you have jumped on. If the footage shows asian persons then they are asian.. methinks jumped the gun a bit there Little Miss WRX!
Old 24 November 2004, 04:05 PM
Trem
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by theotherphil
My god, the world has gone mad with this PC rubbish

EDIT: Can I say god or will that offend somebody? I suppose it is OK as I am saying my god??
Totally agree.

If he had said white men then surely that is just as racist but no one would bat an eye lid.

Sometimes this stuff on forums does my ****ing head in.

Holier than thou brigade is getting a bit boring now.
Old 24 November 2004, 04:14 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

I had the front end of my scoob nicked (headlights, grill, spots) and my rear spoiler. That was in Wortley. Leeds. It appears that scoob parts are been stolen quite often as 16 car this year in Huddersfield have suffered as per mine. All 97-00 cars.
Old 24 November 2004, 04:17 PM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

if anyone in the dewsbury/batley area is offered a pair of blue rear mudflaps with the pink STI graphics can you stick up a post.
mine were removed by this afternoon by three people of unknown ethenic background, unknown sexuality, unknown height, unknown sexual preference, unknown religon, unknown weight in broad daylight and under full cctv coverage. they even had the audacity to come back to my car after being disturbed to try and nick the front ones.
the local plod have been informed who may want to highlight the "crime" in the local paper.
i suppose its off to Goldens tomorrow to order a replacement set, but i think i,ll fit these using tamperproof screws.[img]http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/images/icons/icon3.gif

This should make the post more PC.
Old 24 November 2004, 04:19 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Batley and Dewsbury are areas where a lot of asain people live so I doubt that information will help much although there are a number of Asain lads with Imprezas in the area.

All I would add is that a number of the car jackings around a year ago where carried out by an organised Asian gang in Bradford. This was highlighted by the police as often there where 3 or 4 men in the cars. I doubt however they would go from targeting whole cars to mud flaps.
Old 24 November 2004, 11:06 PM
DevilHimSelf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby-Doo
mine were removed by this afternoon by three people of unknown ethenic background, unknown sexuality, unknown height, unknown sexual preference, unknown religon, unknown weight in broad daylight and under full cctv coverage. they even had the audacity to come back to my car after being disturbed to try and nick the front ones.
i suppose its off to Goldens tomorrow to order a replacement set, but i think i,ll fit these using tamperproof screws.[img]http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/images/icons/icon3.gif

This should make the post more PC.
Very PC dude.. Thats gota be as good as LMW wants :P
Old 24 November 2004, 11:11 PM
Trem
Scooby Regular

What a steaming pile of bollocks tbh.

****ing ridiculous.

Nice one Scooby-Doo

Oh, and I dearly hope you get your mud flaps back and the.....erm.....people(is that ok?) are caught.
Old 24 November 2004, 11:13 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby-Doo
...three people of unknown ethenic background, unknown sexuality, unknown height, unknown sexual preference, unknown religon, unknown weight...
Should make for an interesting reconstruction on Crimewatch....
Old 25 November 2004, 12:07 AM
DevilHimSelf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jason Crozier
This was an attempt to nip racist comments in the bud. There is at least one post that has been removed either by the poster or due to moderation that was erring on the side of distasteful, and as a result has left this thread looking a little odd.

As far as I can see, LMW was attempting the 'prevention is better than cure' approach as mentioning race inevitably attracts stupid posts.

People are quick to moan about 'PC' ... unfortunately this thread is a product of the few who were unable to conduct themselves in an adult manner.
Oh god.. a clone !!
Old 25 November 2004, 12:31 AM
RS Grant
Scooby Regular

Waste of time mentioning it mate... I dont personally think that it was out of order to give full information about the criminals. If you hadnt and by some weird coincidence a "white" (please dont moderate that.. ) gentleman was trying to sell 'a pair of blue rear mudflaps with the pink STI graphics' in your area, then he may find himself being reported to the Police.

Can the Mods please use a little common sense here. Sure, I understand that blatant racist comments (we all know the kind) are totally out of order and deserve to be deleted from the Forum and the user given a severe warning. However, in this case the guy was describing what happened, who is alledged to have carried out the crime, and as best a description he can in the hope that all the info will lead to the safe return of his mudflaps.

Agree with the above comment that PC'ness is getting extremely out of control.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 25 November 2004, 12:44 AM
Daft Lad
Scooby Regular

Agree with Trem & Scooby-Doo, picasso sorry to hear about the incident I sincerely hope you get everything sorted out... Really annoys me all this PC stuff I pride myself in not being racist in the slightest but if someone stole anything off my car while it was parked up and they were recorded on cctv as being of asian appearance I would describe them to others as being of asian appearance also. (RS Grant you have hit the nail right on the head sir) Im sure if most of you guys and gals were involved in scooby related crimes you would want the other people on here to know who they were looking out for regardless of race or colour.
Nothing like blowing a thread out of all proportion is there!
Old 25 November 2004, 01:20 AM
Little Miss WRX

Exclamation

The point of this thread is to look out for mudflaps not to start a warfare on whether or not the race of a person is an issue in this matter which is what users posting after the main post have done.

Cast assumptions about me if you wish, I am using my common sense and clamping down on the usual comments that WILL come out if this isn't restrained now.

There is NO issue with stating that the people caught on CCTV were asian looking, there IS issue with people afterwards stating that because they are asian they will get away with things etc, etc, etc.
If you read my post carefully I merely suggested a rephrase in order to prevent this thread from potential closure or deletion due to racial comments that may be posted.
The guidelines on Scoobynet are very clear. Their have been posts that could be viewed as having a racist tone which is unacceptable.

If this is something that cannot be handled then please feel free to express your concerns to the Webmasters of this site.
A complaint was received about this thread and I have acted upon at as is my responsibility as a moderator of Scoobynet.

As I have said before, if you have issue with this please email webmaster@scoobynet.co.uk, feel free to PM myself or any other moderator or post up in Policy.

Thank you for your time in reading this.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Michelle.
Old 25 November 2004, 08:14 AM
picasso
Scooby Regular

this was not meant to be a racially motivated post, i was just stating the facts as seen on the cctv.
i applogise to anyone who read the post if it caused them any distress or upset, but all i did was state the truth, there is an old saying "the truth hurts" which in this instance appears to be the case.
i am not racist in any way or form, if the thieves had been white the post title & content would have exactly the same.
lets drop the racist aspect that has raised itself in this matter and concentrate on the actual crime itself. THAT IS SOMEONE NICKED MY REAR MUDFLAPS!!!!

thanks

roger
Old 25 November 2004, 08:30 AM
Little Miss WRX

Roger, if I have given you anything to think that I have thought that you were racist then that is certainly not the impression or opinion I have. I hope I made that clear in the PM too.

As you say, let's stick to your initial problem!

Regards,

Michelle.
Old 25 November 2004, 09:18 AM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

I had the front end of my scoob nicked (headlights, grill, spots) and my rear spoiler. That was in Wortley. Leeds. It appears that scoob parts are been stolen quite often as 16 car this year in Huddersfield have suffered as per mine. All 97-00 cars.
Had the front end of my car stolen 3months ago, and then it happened a second time last week, and i live in crime free West Midlands.
Old 25 November 2004, 09:34 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1
Had the front end of my car stolen 3months ago, and then it happened a second time last week, and i live in crime free West Midlands.
I heard of another having the same thing happen in Birmingham last week also. That's putting over 20 cars I know of now. 16 in Hudds, there is 3 or 4 in the Leeds area (from posts on here) and now yourself.
Old 25 November 2004, 09:48 AM
jopearson
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by picasso
mine were removed by this afternoon by three of our asian friends, in broad daylight and under full cctv coverage. they even had the audacity to come back to my car after being disturbed to try and nick the front ones.http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/images/icons/icon9.gif
i suppose its off to Goldens tomorrow to order a replacement set, but i think i,ll fit these using tamperproof screws.http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/images/icons/icon3.gif
Hi - we live in Dewsbury and have a few contacts within the ethnic community so I will keep my ears open for you!
Old 25 November 2004, 09:50 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I see nothing wrong with his first post, I heard a similar comment made on itv news last night.

hope you catch the thieving scum mate.

jamo
Old 25 November 2004, 10:41 AM
tmo
Scooby Regular

Dear god !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they were Asian they were Asian what’s the problem in stating THE FACTS.

Its not racist, just fact. Wish people would get off the moral high ground

" If you read my post carefully I merely suggested a rephrase in order to prevent this thread from potential closure or deletion due to racial comments that may be posted"

Unfortunately it appears it is currently unacceptable to state facts. As soon as you mention the word "Asian" the PC police whip out the soapbox and start preaching.

Don't want to start ranting but it makes me sick, can’t even speak your mind now in case you offended someone’s social and ethnic background even when the facts are true and correct.
Old 25 November 2004, 12:16 PM
In Disguise
Scooby Regular

Apologies to all, the post wasn't meant to offend i just tried to make my point.

Last edited by In Disguise; 25 November 2004 at 12:20 PM.
Old 25 November 2004, 12:25 PM
chris's scooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by In Disguise
Apologies to all, the post wasn't meant to offend i just tried to make my point.
That's a fair point. From re reading the 1st post myself i feel it was the way in which the asian thing was put that may cause offence;

"mine were removed by this afternoon by three of our asian friends"

Without the word "friends" i can't see anyone having a problem.

If it just said ;

"mine were removed by this afternoon by three asians" , it would be stating the facts as caught on cctv.

If they were really his friends then he should go round to their houses and get the bits back!
Old 25 November 2004, 12:29 PM
tmo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chris's scooby
If they were really his friends then he should go round to their houses and get the bits back!
PMSL
Old 25 November 2004, 07:32 PM
picasso
Scooby Regular

for f---s sake for the last time i did not intend this to become a race issue, this is getting annoying. the simple fact is someone nicked something of my scooby & from some of the more rational posts it seems this is not an isolated occurance. i seem to have got off lightly compared to some you.
is there some sort of register where this sort of thing could be logged, this may highlight a pattern of events in certain areas which could be passed onto the police who may be able to put the info to good use.
as i said at the start of this post lets drop the race issue and concentrate on the problem all scooby owners seem to have - our cars are being targeted by, can i say this, criminals
Old 25 November 2004, 09:25 PM
Little Miss WRX

Okay, this is the last time I will repeat the reasons behind the moderation of this thread.

Due to complaints received about this thread I have moderated any potential racist tones or comments out of posts by deletion of the posts or editing.
The initial post by the originator of this thread was fine, my suggestion for editing it was to prevent the posts that came after which were not acceptable under the Scoobynet guidelines.

If people would stop jumping on the bandwagon shouting accusations without reading the posts about what happened in a factual manner then myself and the thread starter would really appreciate it.

This thread now falls within the Scoobynet guidelines, there are no more issues with this thread, any further posts that are not kept within the topic - which is about stolen mudflaps - will be deleted with no further explanation other than this post here.

Your co-operation in this would be appreciated and if anyone wishes to discuss this matter, I have given the options of emailing the webmasters, PM'ing moderators or making use of the Policy forum.

I do hope this clears up any confusion.

Please keep on topic from now on.

Best Regards,

Michelle.