Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Arrrggghhh!!! Another Labour landslide!

Search this Thread

Old 08 June 2001, 12:38 AM
MRK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

I'm troubled by this election win. WHY oh why Labour again???? Do people not have a memory, do they enjoy all the mismanagement like the 1billion pound **** up, the Dome, the Mad Cow disease crisis, the monumental total bullsing of the Foot and mouth, the reduction of coppers on there damn streets to catch them thieving scum whom stole our beloved Scooby’s, the FLAMING PETROL PRICES, the list is endless.??.

I am troubled!!

M
Old 08 June 2001, 12:46 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

I too am amused to see labour back in power, given the track record. I would have thought that with the petrol prices and **** up on F&M people would have not voted for them.

ah well, let's see how they do for the next eternity, sorry, four years
Old 08 June 2001, 12:53 AM
andrew6321
Scooby Regular

Markus,
What was the alternative? A bunch of washed up clowns with 'keep the pound' and anti-European messages that seem to have proved somewhat irrelevant to those that actually voted, by the looks of it.

btw - I didn't vote. I couldn't identify with any of the parties on offer...

Old 08 June 2001, 09:27 AM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Angry

Jeesus! What do Labour have to do before people start to even consider voting for someone else????

A girl at work here said one of the reasons she voted Labour was for the poor people. Mmmm, read the other day that the gap between the poor and wealthy had increased even more under Labour.

Got to say I'm gutted that an anti-motorist, euro supporting, anti-royal, tax crazy bunch of idiots has another 4 years to really screw this country up.

But, I'm obviously wasting my breath, it seems I'm the only person in the country who didn't vote Labour...
Old 08 June 2001, 09:32 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Agreed, and no, you are not the only one.

Paul
Old 08 June 2001, 09:35 AM
Mike Burton
Scooby Regular

Wink

It could be worse, I got home to find my other half had voted for the local Lib Dem. Granted, the guy has put in a lot of effort in the last two years he's lived in the area (like he comes around asking ppl what they think etc.), which is more than can be said for the other two parties, who only appear when they want something (like their meal ticket), but voting for a party that wants to make me work for 6 months of the year for nothing........ you stuipd woman.....
Old 08 June 2001, 09:45 AM
Jaggy Bunnet
Scooby Regular

You think you've got problems??! BOTH the women in my house voted LibDem. When did women get the vote anyway [enough smilies not to need my flame suit??]

JB
Old 08 June 2001, 10:27 AM
LanCat
Scooby Regular

Problem is you can only vote for politicians
Old 08 June 2001, 11:10 AM
andrew6321
Scooby Regular

nothing wrong with 'anti-royal'....

Anyone here read Karl Marx?

Old 08 June 2001, 01:30 PM
JoeyDeacon
Scooby Regular

Angry

I find it quite shocking that labour managed to get in again with only 1 in 4 of the voting population actually voting for them....

There was only a 58% turn out this year and of that only 42% voted Labour....

Thing is I don't actually know anybody that votes labour, is it really the stereotypical council estate type person on benefits with 4 children who vote for them??
Old 08 June 2001, 01:39 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

I find the oddest thing that if you look at the map of the UK with the constituencies coloured in according to which way they went, it looks like there's as much blue as red.

Would I suggest that the government would have manipulated the boundary changes (when were they -- 1998?) to benefit themselves?
Old 08 June 2001, 01:39 PM
andrew6321
Scooby Regular

JoeyDeacon - that's exactly right. And everybody that votes Conservative lives in a country mansion in 300 acres, with a butler and a private income. In the same way that all Lib-Dems wear tweed jackets & cords, have beards and smoke a pipe....
Old 08 June 2001, 03:15 PM
JoeyDeacon
Scooby Regular

Cool

I think there should be a new law that states if you are on any type of benefits you immediately give up the right to vote...
Old 08 June 2001, 03:19 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

I like the idea that any new laws introduced by the Labour Party shouldn't apply to me, because I didn't vote for them
Old 08 June 2001, 03:23 PM
andrew6321
Scooby Regular

Wink

I think if that mad old witch Mrs T had still been in power, we would have had that law passed long ago... You know how she hated those less fortunate than herself....
Old 08 June 2001, 04:30 PM
robski
Scooby Regular

The problem now a days is that New Labour really are different, they are a centre party. They occupy so much of the central ground, that other parties are now push left or right. (Torys right, Lib Dems left!)

What we need is some real nasty decisions to have to be made, so that they struggle to meet most peoples wants.

They have been very lucky, they inherited a good economy, the world economy has been very good, so they would have to have been totally ****e to ***** it up. The next term isnt going to be the same bed of roses if you ask me. Global economy isnt good, want to actually change some things like healthcare that is going to upset their traditional supporters such as trade unions.
Stuff like 3G licences and high global oil prices just gave them loads of cash to cover their starting to spend more of our money, its all about to change as these are unlikely to be repeated

When does the 2p a litre off petrol prices finish, tomorrow isnt it, ahhh reality is coming quicker than I thought

robski
Old 08 June 2001, 05:14 PM
Yex
Scooby Regular

Red face

Robski,

Just wait until the end of the 2003 fiscal year, neither the Tories or the Labour party could give ANY spending figures beyond this date. Most analysts forecast a need for 2-3p raise in basic income tax to cover the spending forecast if current spending trends continue past this date

Yex
Old 08 June 2001, 08:29 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Angry

Well the rot has already started ...

Hospital waiting lists are UP!
Waits over one year are UP!
Waits over 18 months (the promise never to be exceed) are UP!
- Funny how these figures came out TODAY and not YESTERDAY?

Stand by for lots of new reported cases of Foot and Mouth, and more hassle about burial/disposal (not that it has been supressed recently).

If Psycho-Straw gets F2J's job, then you might as well sell your Scoob now

mb
Old 08 June 2001, 10:31 PM
Sith
Scooby Regular

Smile

Robski, Yex, Boomer - agree with all.

Andrew632154834738459545
We've decided to sell some of the 300 acres - the horses kept getting lost and the St Bernards are getting old. The servants were getting drunk on the ale anyway. Deciding to sell the mansion as the petrol tax has got so high, the Bentley etc is getting a little costly to run.

Politics is a very dodgy point with most people, I've had a fair few discustions! with people and have decided it's a topic best left alone.
You will not change a staunch Labour voter just as you won't change a Tory.
People will see what they wan't to see and there are those that will do what the papers tell them to do. I have my opinions and I will keep them to myself.

P.
Old 08 June 2001, 10:37 PM
Mick
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I think it's the fact that there was too little too choose between 'Newe Labour Conservatives' and the Conservative Party. Blair was only planning to spend 2% more (Ł8 billion) than Hague.

The Blairites are too arrogant already. It took the Torys a couple of elections to get that bad!

Is nobody worried about not being governed by Westminster at all??? - Do most of us want to be governed by un-elected mystery-men in Brussels????

- VERY VERY sad, the limited response to the UKIP

Mick
Old 09 June 2001, 06:03 PM
polarbearit
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Afraid politics is a dodgy subjet, see I like to pick and mix policies from pretty much most of the parties, but at the moment I am paying a highish level of tax and receiving nothing for it.

I want European Trading,
Investment in the transport infrastructure,
Lower taxes (in particular indirect taxes),
Less wasted money on focus groups etc,
Sensible welfare/benefits system (ie that gets people working again),
Abolition of IR35,
More urban regeneration,
More respect for the countryside
Less politicians/civil servants

Right rant over, surfice to say I don't believe arogant Labour are going to help here, In fact leaving the country is my best chance of having a nice place to live!

When are they going to bang John Prescott up, that was assault ?

Jon

Old 09 June 2001, 09:50 PM
JayDee
Scooby Regular

Well I voted Lib Dem. this sounds really sad I know but I was not going to vote for Tony (I did last time round) for all the good reasons already listed.

Couldn't vote for Tories either, although would have liked to. It is a measure of how out of touch they are that Anne Widdecombe is being touted as a candidate for next leader!

So

JD
Old 09 June 2001, 10:50 PM
melpaul2002
Scooby Regular

How many of u have brought your scooby during the last 4 years ? labour cant be that bad for you and business.

My company is doing better than ever, i dont live in fear of losing my house, how many of you brought your first house in the early 1990's, if you did then u know !!

how **** was the uk growing up in the 1980s, dirty and depressed nuff said !

btw didnt vote and dont live in a council house.

( they all all as bad as each other - just labour a tiny bit better )
Old 10 June 2001, 11:08 AM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Question

Pugie,

welcome to ScoobyNet?

mb
Old 10 June 2001, 12:15 PM
Pugie
Scooby Newbie

Red face

what is this the tory forum or something has everybody forgotten the 80's and early 90's. it was the tories how took us in to europe with the erm and they started cap which in part has cause the foot and mouth and iam sorry but no government can prevent a diease like that just like they can't prevent the common cold. labout inhertited massive depts and just remember if we don't go into the euro england will become a backwater island (60% of imports come from europe with free trade no euro no free trade and we do need the euro) also both ralliart and prodrive would both leave england because it would be come hard for them to compete). Oh and there is a rumour that the speed limit is going to be lifted to 80 and it's the home office how comtrol it not transport as somebody on another tread has said. could you really live with a bald TORY yorkshire man, Tory for god sake in rotherham is was hit very badly with the coal mines its a contridtion in it's self

Labour knows whats going on it just doesn't care about the Tory Scooby scumbag bunch.
Old 10 June 2001, 11:25 PM
Kevin Greeley
Scooby Regular

Pugie: You're either a comic genius or a sad reflection of our poor education system. I hope it's the former.

Nobody with any intelligence votes 'New' Labour!
Old 11 June 2001, 12:00 PM
Pugie
Scooby Newbie

iam afraid i would have to disagree with the comment that intellegent people don't vote for labour as any one can see that the tories are a shame they couldn't run a good election campaign let alone the government let alone the economy and i should know iam studing economics with finance i've looked at there figures and they don't add up. oh and also the new home secartary doesn't like speed camaras well in the way the are used, apparently in his own oppinion they should only be used for accident black spots.
Sorry about the spelling!
Old 11 June 2001, 10:26 PM
polarbearit
Scooby Regular

Red face

Well I don't trust either groups of monkeys to run the country...

I will leave the country ASAP!!!

Old 11 June 2001, 11:39 PM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

All of the parties are a bunch of flaming muppets at the mo'. I have been brainwashed into Tory from an Early age and Maggie gave me wood However, they have gone downhill since Mrs Brassballs. Nobody fupped with her. Still voted for them anyway this time around, because like hell would I vote for those Lefties when they seem so hellbent on ruining one of my main hobbies, DRIVING MY CAR WITHOUT FEELING LIKE I WAS COMMITING A CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY AND GETTING PENAILIZED ACCORDINGLY. Didn't have any problems with them coming to power 4 years ago, as long as they got down to business. A Leopard simply can't change his spots......

Cheers,

Nick.

Tories may be sh!te at the mo, but Labour majorly suck ***.
Old 12 June 2001, 12:22 AM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

I think it should be a legal requirement to vote. Just because you don't see yourself benefiting from any of the parties, doesn't mean nobody will get it!

Cem

Quick Reply: Arrrggghhh!!! Another Labour landslide!