Sponsored by:

Should I stay or should I go?

Search this Thread

Old 22 November 2004, 12:17 AM
The Viking
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Should I stay or should I go?

Hi been a while as in a dilema, had my scooby for about four years, blueblack with charcoal alloys, Scoobysport exhaust, brakes, suspension, ecutek chip etc. Even four point harness and peltor radio helmets for track days. Love the car BUT have 9 points on licence (ave spd 40 miles in 30 x 3), went to SIDC IOM bash 2002 where had big run in with law ended up dangerous driving in IOM (have all on video if interested) as a result number of SIDC members treated me like dirt, so bought Range Rover to calm down and keep Scooby for track days only, now rules changes about under 16's not being allowed to go, so difficult as my son is a bigger fan than me. As a result car not been driven for months and I am thinking of selling it...but can't bear to see it go. What d'ya think?
Old 22 November 2004, 12:38 AM
Gary C
Scooby Regular

Sell it !!, buy something faster
Old 22 November 2004, 10:01 AM
JohnS

The track days up here in Scotland would still be OK as you have full harnesses, and you know you have plenty of friends up here who will gladly take Ross out as well We're also thinking about a small private gathering next spring that you might be interested in ?

I'd be tempted not to drive the car on the road until at least one of the 3 pointers has "expired", as it would just be tempting fate. In the meantime, attend lots of track days just as passengers etc.

John
Old 22 November 2004, 01:40 PM
The Viking
Scooby Regular

hey John nice to here from you I lost the case in IOM although got down from 10 to 1 witness and then solicitors did not tell me the court date...doh! I got kinda disillusioned as you know some SIDC were a bit terse whilst others like yer seilf were brilliant (used your info to great effect). The Scotland in spring does sound like fun and Ross is desperate for some "fun" time will take advice on the 3 pointers though. By the way I do have some cool footage of IOM 2002 all in car stuff as we did teh TT if interested then I could send you a tape there's a great bit on the mountain setion with us going past an Evo coming the other way that sounds almost supersonic...Maybe the flames of interest are being knidled again...Speak soon
Old 22 November 2004, 05:42 PM
JohnS

Would love a copy of the video stuff

Will e-mail you details about the spring event once we get around to organising a date and venue.

Cheers

John