Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thieving Ba5tards stole my headlights again!

Search this Thread

Old 17 November 2004, 03:24 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Thieving Ba5tards stole my headlights again!

Cant believe its happened again, woke up this morning to find that some w4nker has stole my crystal headlights and sidelights again, same thing happened about 3months ago, come back from holiday to find that my grille, headlights and sidelights had been stolen. So i decided to buy some new crystal headlights, and while i was at it some crystal sidelights and a new grill with a pink sti badge to make the front-end of my scoob look a bit better. Now theyve been stolen again and im back to square 1 , no flippin car, cause its got no lights, Im gettin really sick of it now and im going to get rid of the car, i cant believe how much money and time ive put into the car ive spent a good part of £8000 making it faster and look better in the last year, for some tosser to come along and ruin my car, the last time it was done it cost me nearly £500 to get it all replaced now it seems to me that more and more w4nkers are buying classic shape scoobs, so i cant be bothered anymore and think i might leave the whole classic impreza thing, and get a newer model, the lights seem harder to get out. or i might get a bug-eye model, theyd be mad to steal them.
Sorry for the rant, but it seems to me i cant enjoy my car anymore, and everytime i see another classic shape scoob round my area, im checking the front end to see if they've stole my lights, ive probably done the scooby wave to them and then there coming round on the nights and stealing bits of my car.
Old 17 November 2004, 03:30 PM
Rumplestiltskin!
Scooby Regular

Bad luck mate, sounds like they will be back again & again as word gets out that there is a never ending supply of of Scooby headlights easily knickable at your address !

Can you not get them wired up to the National Grid, sorry I mean your alarm system ?

Rump ?
Old 17 November 2004, 03:35 PM
stevehulluk1
Scooby Regular

attach small fishing hooks around them watch the *******s scream

Last edited by stevehulluk1; 17 November 2004 at 03:39 PM.
Old 17 November 2004, 03:37 PM
GRIFF007
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by Rumplestiltskin!
Bad luck mate, sounds like they will be back again & again as word gets out that there is a never ending supply of of Scooby headlights easily knickable at your address !

Can you not get them wired up to the National Grid, sorry I mean your alarm system ?

Rump ?

Go for the Grid - or surveillance and then tail them back to their place - an eye for an eye - dont forget to borrow a muckspreader from your local farmer - I am sure they would appreciate a little compost.....
Old 17 November 2004, 03:37 PM
Jay_bee
Scooby Regular

Location: Lancaster/Manchester or stuck in a traffic jam somewhere in between

That's sh1te mate!!!

I suppose the only thing you could do is try and park so they couldnt get to the front end of the car very easily or getting an extremely sensitive alarm but then that has it's own issues?

Id be suprised if the scooby owners that were conscientious enough to do the old wave would then come and nick stuff off your car. More likely theiving chav scum... barstewards!

Best of luck

J
Old 17 November 2004, 03:39 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

I think they might be back again as ive got crystal side repeaters, so there is a chance they might go missing, ive got a idea who it might be, but dont want to go round there house straight away, but if some crystal sidelights go on there car this time, there be hell to pay. and the car in question is a **** K-reg WRX.
Also my dad said he heard a scooby exhaust at 6am this morning, so ill be asking the neigbours if they saw any other scoobys parked outside my house. CHEEKY BA5TARDS
Old 17 November 2004, 04:24 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear this

How did they get the headlights/sidelights off without opening the bonnet? Or did they get this open.... if so what was the alarm doing?

Tony.
Old 17 November 2004, 04:26 PM
Jay_bee
Scooby Regular

Edited to remove my stupidity... LOL

Last edited by Jay_bee; 17 November 2004 at 04:46 PM.
Old 17 November 2004, 04:29 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jay_bee
You dont need to open the bonnet for front and side repeaters...

J
Yeah... but he posted about having his headlights and sidelights stolen.... not the indicators/repeaters .

Tony.
Old 17 November 2004, 04:36 PM
Jay_bee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tone Loc
Yeah... but he posted about having his headlights and sidelights stolen.... not the indicators/repeaters .

Tony.
Doh! Sorry...

<<must pay more attention in class!>>

J
Old 17 November 2004, 05:02 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Heard its a common thing on the later classics, from people who want to update the early classic shapes.
Old 17 November 2004, 05:13 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

How did they get them off tho. You've got me worried now as i can't see how they can get them off in one piece without the bonnet open. Saying that once they've ripped the grille off, they can get at the two bolts. What about the sidelights tho?

Had my clear repeaters stolen a while ago, since left the orange ones on and i've not had any trouble. Thieving c**ts!!!!

Tony.
Old 17 November 2004, 05:18 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

I think they can rip the grille of, and get to the lights that way, or open the bonnet when the grille is missing, or if they pull the sidelights hard enough, it snaps the plastic clips on top, which keeps them secured to the headlight. anyway when i catch the thieving ba5tards ill ask them, before i give them a kicking.
Old 17 November 2004, 05:52 PM
axgt_bwaii
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1
I think they might be back again as ive got crystal side repeaters, so there is a chance they might go missing, ive got a idea who it might be, but dont want to go round there house straight away, but if some crystal sidelights go on there car this time, there be hell to pay. and the car in question is a **** K-reg WRX.
Also my dad said he heard a scooby exhaust at 6am this morning, so ill be asking the neigbours if they saw any other scoobys parked outside my house. CHEEKY BA5TARDS
ay i got a k-reg whats up with that!
Old 17 November 2004, 06:40 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

ay i got a k-reg whats up with that!
Yeah but hopefully you dont go round like some people do and steal other things of peoples cars to make yours look newer. Well i hope not anyway.
Nothing wrong with a k-reg its just that compared to a later classic shape the lights are diffrent, hence why some people feel the need to steal them.
It wasnt a dig at k-reg scoobys, sorry mate.
Old 17 November 2004, 07:18 PM
axgt_bwaii
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1
Yeah but hopefully you dont go round like some people do and steal other things of peoples cars to make yours look newer. Well i hope not anyway.
Nothing wrong with a k-reg its just that compared to a later classic shape the lights are diffrent, hence why some people feel the need to steal them.
It wasnt a dig at k-reg scoobys, sorry mate.
ok i just get the **** taken outa me. im 24 insurance is a joke and ppl rip me 4 having the oldest wrx TOSSERS FROM WORK THAT IS! getin a private plate 4xmas i hope!!!!
Old 17 November 2004, 07:20 PM
HHxx
Scooby Regular

Just go balistic with the etching pen
Old 17 November 2004, 07:21 PM
robby
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can buy an Alphadot kit on ebay for about a fiver, use it to mark all the seperate parts (it's invisible to the naked eye) - then if you do suspect some1 you can get the police to check them out - each alphadot consists of microdots which are all unique
Old 17 November 2004, 07:50 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

ok i just get the **** taken outa me. im 24 insurance is a joke and ppl rip me 4 having the oldest wrx TOSSERS FROM WORK THAT IS! getin a private plate 4xmas i hope!!!!
I know what you mean with insurance ive just turned 22, had my scoob when i was 19, when i was 19 i was having quotes of £6k-£7k for a car that was worth £12.5k, now ive got insurance down to around £2k, but thats still expensive to say ive been driving since i was 17 and never had a accident, or got any points on my licence.