Letter From police

Search this Thread

Old 10 November 2004, 11:28 PM
robby
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Letter From police

Got home today to find a brown envelope with a police stamp on it

Thought it was a speeding summons or something but it was a warning letter saying beware of theives in Huddersfield pinching bonnets, grilles, bumpers from R to Y reg scoobs

This has been going on for several months now and was in the local papers a few weeks ago, i guess the police have given up trying to catch the theives so have decided to let scoob owners know there car are gonna get stripped
Old 11 November 2004, 12:08 AM
scoobypet
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by robby
Got home today to find a brown envelope with a police stamp on it

Thought it was a speeding summons or something but it was a warning letter saying beware of theives in Huddersfield pinching bonnets, grilles, bumpers from R to Y reg scoobs

This has been going on for several months now and was in the local papers a few weeks ago, i guess the police have given up trying to catch the theives so have decided to let scoob owners know there car are gonna get stripped
Yep, see posts in northern. A few been done, police even posting on here!
Old 11 November 2004, 02:13 AM
Mat Mc
Scooby Regular

Wink

Are you actually slating the Police for bothering to let you know you should be more vigilant if you own an Impreza?

It's not a matter of giving up trying to catch the car criminals it's more a matter of succumbing to the fact that as soon as they appear in court they are let free again to start thieving!
Old 11 November 2004, 08:24 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by Mat Mc
Are you actually slating the Police for bothering to let you know you should be more vigilant if you own an Impreza?

It's not a matter of giving up trying to catch the car criminals it's more a matter of succumbing to the fact that as soon as they appear in court they are let free again to start thieving!
Especially if under 18 (21??)

My bro in law is a magistrate , and I had a go at him for the number of young ******* that they just let off scot free, or with a stupid cs order.

He told me that he can't order anyone under 18 (21???can't rememmber) locked up, unless social services will state, in writing, that it is in "the child's best interests" Guess how many times ss will do that??????????

And what about the best interests of Joe Public??

Alcazar
Old 11 November 2004, 10:12 AM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

usuall the magistrates *want* to teach these toe rags a lesson, but the government/Human rights act gets so wooly and apologetic for this scum that they cant send em down or even give em a good rollacking incase it upsets their feelings

I think some of these do gooders should be on the recieving end for once and then see what happens !

You should see some of the utter BS that the lord chief justice comes out with re: sentancing guidlines. Its a 'kin joke
Old 11 November 2004, 08:36 PM
robby
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not slating them for writing it's just that reading so many posts about camera vans, police bikes and cars stopping people every day it seems the ordinary motorist is persued so much more for a couple of mph over the limit than the theives.
Old 11 November 2004, 09:22 PM
RichiW
Scooby Regular

Of course they are, motorists are easy to catch, turn up in court as requested,and pay fines as requested - why go after theives??

They do non of the above!