Question

Was it marked or unmarked?

Craig.
Old 04 August 2000, 10:41 AM
Mulder
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Cruising down the A2 doing about 80mph, suddenly I notice a car approaching very rapiding from behind. Its a bleeding rozzer! He must have been doing over a ton, no flashing lights or anything, he sits up peoples ***** forcing them out of the way. Then he realises hes about to over shoot his turnoff, so he flys across the lanes forcing people to slam on their brakes, and just manages to get onto the slip road.

Absolutely disgraceful. He wasn't going to an emergency, he just thouht he would abuse his advantage as a police officer.

Not happy.
Old 04 August 2000, 11:05 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Don't suppose you got his number? if so then publish it here so the rest of us can watch out for this ****.

It would be a totally different case if you or I acted in the same manner. Let's hope that Police Camera Action was 'viewing' the event.
Old 04 August 2000, 01:22 PM
MorayMackenzie
Scooby Senior

Cool

If you got his number, or even a fairly good description of the car, time and place, you can contact the police and register a complaint.

I have used the complaints procedure to report dangerous driving of an unmarked car... I was given an explanation of why the car was there, what he was in the hurry for, why he didn't have his siren on and an apology for the dangerous driving... the driver had been contacted and given an informal reprimand. So far, i don't get the impression that I have been singled out for attention because of this complaint.

I would report this incident, after all, if no one reports these incidents, the driver involved may well end up killing someone.

Moray
Old 04 August 2000, 02:02 PM
Stuart H
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Mulder:
<B>He wasn't going to an emergency, he just thouht he would abuse his advantage as a police officer.[/quote]

I'm not defending the driver here but how do you know he wasn't going to an emergency or following a stolen vehicle?

I know when I'm in an unmarked car following a stolen vehicle I (a)Tend to have to do things rather quickly (b)Don't sit there with my lights and sirens on.

By all means register a complaint, if the vehicle was unmarked chances are it was ProVida equipped therefore there will be plenty of evidence for his superiors if he wasn't running to a job.

[This message has been edited by Stuart H (edited 04 August 2000).]
Old 04 August 2000, 02:07 PM
JAMES BUSHELL
Scooby Regular

Which part of the A2 was this on?

James
Old 04 August 2000, 02:41 PM
Mulder
Scooby Regular

It was heading towards Dartford from Gravesend. He was a fully marked up car. Everyone was fairly peed off buy it, as I went past some people you could see them shaking their heads!

Didn't get the reg.

Just goes to show, one rule for us, another for them.

[This message has been edited by Mulder (edited 04 August 2000).]
Old 04 August 2000, 05:18 PM
MorayMackenzie
Scooby Senior

Cool

Mulder,

One rule etc... isn't going to change if you don't make that complaint.

You should be able to progress a complaint based on time and location, the police should be able to track down who was driving what along that road at that time... then, as Stuart says, there is a good chance that the car may have gathered evidence itself.

Moray