Sponsored by:

Yet another Newbie!! WRX PPP

Search this Thread

Old 11 October 2004, 08:03 AM
GE90
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Yet another Newbie!! WRX PPP

Not exactly true! Although I am newly registered, I have browsed the site for some time, and have previously owned a MY00.

Hopefully just about to buy an 03 WRX with PPP, and cannot wait. Would appreciate some help from the 'regulars'!!!

Has anyone tried to touch in the smoked standard wheels? One of the front wheels has a small scuff, but the dealer says that there isn't any colour match available, and that refurbished wheel are never a good colour match either. All it needs is blending and touching in.

What are the options for replacing the stereo? Does anyone know what double DIN units are available, and what types of blanks or 'cubbies' are available?

Would also welcome any views on the WRX PPP!!

Thanks for your help!
Old 11 October 2004, 08:21 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Welcome to SNet

The PPP makes the newage Scoob what it should have always been before the poxy EU emissions regulations sanitised it. Plenty of grunt and a loverly burble (the standard twin peashooters just don't cut it.

Any good wheel refurbishers should be able to sort the alloy, or you could just keep an eye out in the for sale forum for the odd single, or even a full set at a good price.

Not that knowlegable on ICE, but there are a few double DIN units about, many with popout screens and DVD. If you go single DIN, many put the Forester CD holder in the space left. Or you could consider filling it up with SECS monitors.

Old 11 October 2004, 02:50 PM
GE90
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the welcome and sound advice.

Looks like I will be picking the car up in about a weeks time, just eniugh time to prepare myself for the increased insurance and petrol costs!

Although my second scooby, still just as excited as I was before buying my first.

Thanks again!