Sponsored by:

Dilemna

Search this Thread

Old 09 October 2004, 07:15 PM
sulli
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dilemna

To sell or stick with it and do a bit more to it???

Car is for sale here - not sure if the price is realistic, but looking on autotrader, considering what I paid and what i've spent, I thougt I should get £7k.

Anyway, if I can't sell at somewhere close to that I may as well keep it - and spend some money on new wheels and maybe a front splitter and a few other bits and pieces.

Is it worth waiting to sell, or is the used car market dead?
Old 13 October 2004, 08:49 PM
ukdave
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sulli
To sell or stick with it and do a bit more to it???

Car is for sale here - not sure if the price is realistic, but looking on autotrader, considering what I paid and what i've spent, I thougt I should get £7k.

Anyway, if I can't sell at somewhere close to that I may as well keep it - and spend some money on new wheels and maybe a front splitter and a few other bits and pieces.

Is it worth waiting to sell, or is the used car market dead?
Think i`d wait a bit longer mate though realise selling a scooby with high miles(even if had a replacement engine)aint gonna be easy.Just be patient as it is a wagon and to be honest theyre not the most desirable of scooby`s this is not meant as an insult just an opinion,i dont think it would have still been there were it a saloon,also its not the best time of year to be selling a car,approaching christmas.
Old 13 October 2004, 09:07 PM
sulli
Scooby Regular

It's not just the replacement engine, but the frequency of oil changes and the rest of the maintenance history that makes it a cut above IMO.
You may be right that saloons are more desireable - there are more chavs out there than sensible potential scooby owners
When I was looking for a Scooby I was just after a good one, saloon or wagon. After looking into it, and taking into account my personal preferences I was swaying toward the wagon, and this came up and it was perfect in terms of history and being looked after.
The only thing I can see a saloon having over a wagon is looks, in some people's eyes - though to me the wagon looks better. The wagon is less nickable (less attractive to ******* and chavs ), handles better, more practical (if you need the space), and much much rarer.
I am maybe looking at a Forester S/TB import to swap, as I could do with something a bit bigger, but if that doesn't work out I am keeping it - sod it!