Sponsored by:

Finally went and "done it" MY02

Search this Thread

Old 09 October 2004, 04:09 PM
preacha
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Finally went and "done it" MY02

After many months of deliberation, anticipation and financial constipation...

I finally went and blew a large wedge on my exhaust

H&S slip jointed uppipe, new H&S sports cat downpipe, new cat section, custom made mid with resonator all now joined to my existing PPP backbox. (And turbo preloaded).

Worth it ? Pleased with it ? Recommend it ?

YES - YES - YES

What a difference to drive, what a joy - should be classed as legal drugs

AND quiet with it too.

I prevoiusly had 2 matched straight through sections which were removed and replaced (and sold to another scoobynetter who won't be dissappointed) - and the new resonated section is quite a bit quieter . (Another new baby on the way - so all will be pleased)

Is this Scoobynet general material ?

Yes I think it should be, because I want to encourage all you backbox only boys to sort it out and get it on...

"You know it makes sense".

You can have more power and keep it quiet (and keep it legal). The H&S sports cat was tested against a decat H&S downpipe - the difference... about 2 bhp = negligible.

Its like driving another car

Now I cant wait till Pat "The Map" H. does his business to it next month ...

Until then - watch out for a very standard looking silver wagon driven by a velly happi chaplookin' like he's on

Edited to say mega big thanks to Knowelsy and Paul @ Xtreme Scoobies - a "professional outfit" who stand out amongst many others. Cheers Guys

Last edited by preacha; 09 October 2004 at 04:14 PM.
Old 09 October 2004, 08:16 PM
WRXPete
Scooby Regular

I'm very interested to hear about the H&S cat pipe being only slightly down on power....i really want to de-cat the system, but can i really be arsed with having to change a pipe every time an MoT comes around....might have to go that route after all....how much for the cat pipe and where did you buy it??
This also raises another point about decatting the whole system that i'm a bit confused on.....ECU remap....needed or not??
Old 10 October 2004, 11:02 PM
preacha
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up Hey mate...

Hi Pete

Xtreme Scoobies got the H&S sports cat downpipe for me, and fitted it too (double quick).

I think it was £450, plus fitting has metal race cat (not to be confused with cheaper ceramic cat alternatives).

Power was down 2 bhp when initailly tested by Xtreme on their own car I believe (check that fact out with them)which could be down to 2 differing runs only.

I seem to remember Prodrive saying that their sport cat downpipes didnt effect the power at all, unless you start to push way past 330bhp.

Personally I think the H&S pipes are a quality piece of kit which are at the top of the spectrum when it comes to exhausts. Their rep speaks for itself.

Hope this helps