Sponsored by:

Trax - will they never learn?

Search this Thread

Old 06 September 2004, 08:52 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Trax - will they never learn?

Trax was, as usual, great. Super weather, thousands of really nice motors, loads of real enthusiasts and of course all the totty in the trade area. (Does an old boy like me a power of good - if only I could remember why!)
Why oh why can't they do something about the ridiculus traffic jam getting in? I've been going for the last four years and it's always the same! As I had a club pass I started out nice and early from Essex to get there before eight (public car parks open at nine) only to be greeted by a mega jam!
With access roads recently built to ease congestion, an international class racing circuit should be able to do better than this??
Still, I'll be back again next year!
JohnD

Last edited by JohnD; 06 September 2004 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Bl***y smilie didn't work!
Old 06 September 2004, 08:56 PM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John ... agree with you on what your saying about the traffic.

Try coming off at Junction 13 next year ... that's the route that the Essex convoy took and we came into the circuit from the opposite side of the roundabout. We got to the main roundabout at 8:30am and were all parked up by 8:45am.

Some truely lovely roads from the direction we came too - - nice and twisty through the countryside.

Knowlsey from Xtreme Scoobies missed the Junction 13 turn that we took and arrived in the Scooby paddock at 10:45 am (to give you an idea of the time it saved us)
Old 06 September 2004, 11:19 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Yep the last 4 years have been the same surely should used the F1 one way system

We also took to the back roads, the B road behind the Petrol Station which took us into Silverstone Villiage. Along that road we stopped on a straight as we missed a crossroads I directed some traffic so they could pass us. Then over a hill a car flew, I was jesturing to slow down, as the car skidded and danced a few capers I relised it was a Cop car He finally came to a controlled stop, ish. Anyway gave him a little telling off and he gave us the directions Good job we wernt doing a 'U' turn or there would have been a Patrol car in the hedge or a T-boned Scooby

Tony
Old 07 September 2004, 05:00 PM
wrx
Scooby Regular

this year was worse due to the police on bikes controlling the traffic badly and creating big tailbacks by sending people in the wrong direction. All the previous years it has been alot easier to get into (due to the police not getting involved)
Old 07 September 2004, 05:19 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

I didnt experience any problems. Came off junct 15a off M1. Got there about 11.45am.

On the way home was another story though

Bob
Old 07 September 2004, 07:14 PM
thecirsch
Scooby Regular

We got to the slip road at about 7.15, as I was helping Phil set up the SIDC stand. We sat there for ages in a queue about 1/4 mile long. What didn't help was the number of people coming up on the outside lane and then cutting across and trying to muscle their way into the line of traffic

WRX, I've got to disagree with you. Had it not been for a motor bike cop arriving and waving people on I'm sure there would have been a massive sense of humour failure on most peoples' part.

Got to agree with most of the other comments. If this it what it's like with 19000 people, what the hell is it like when 6 times as many people turn up??
Old 07 September 2004, 07:18 PM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gangsta Smurf
John ... agree with you on what your saying about the traffic.

Try coming off at Junction 13 next year ... that's the route that the Essex convoy took and we came into the circuit from the opposite side of the roundabout. We got to the main roundabout at 8:30am and were all parked up by 8:45am.

Some truely lovely roads from the direction we came too - - nice and twisty through the countryside.

Knowlsey from Xtreme Scoobies missed the Junction 13 turn that we took and arrived in the Scooby paddock at 10:45 am (to give you an idea of the time it saved us)

Cheers Rob , Scotty Will Be Pleased With You!!

John Oh Yes You Should of Joined the Essex Scooby Crew Convoy , Left Toddington @ 8-05am Parked & Polishing By 8-45 am No Probs

Tiny..
Old 07 September 2004, 07:20 PM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Easy they have the new stretch of dual carriageway one way only

God knows why they dont do it for Trax, they tout it as the biggest event at Silverstone of the year 2nd to the Formula 1 GP

A few locals in the queue, where complaining also that they normall get informed, press radio etc when events are on, so that they know to make alternate routes etc

This time is was far worse than when I came to watch the GP a few years ago (before the new road)
Old 07 September 2004, 07:30 PM
thecirsch
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by tiny01
Cheers Rob , Scotty Will Be Pleased With You!!

John Oh Yes You Should of Joined the Essex Scooby Crew Convoy , Left Toddington @ 8-05am Parked & Polishing By 8-45 am No Probs

Tiny..
Tiny, you forgot to mention that the BBQ was cranked up by 9AM
Old 07 September 2004, 08:38 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, OK so me and Chris made a blunder. I get a sneaking feeling you're rubbing it in!! I'm gonna beat you in next year - I'm starting out on the Thursday before!!
JohnD