Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

May be time to sell soon....better to return to standard or sell with mods?

Search this Thread

Old 01 September 2004, 02:12 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default May be time to sell soon....better to return to standard or sell with mods?

I've had a 97 UK Impreza for three years now and feel that it may be time to move on a little later this year/ Spring 2005. Inevitably I've spent a fortune that I know I'm not going to be able to recover but just wondered would it be best to return it to standard spec (well almost) or leave it with the modifications in the hope that someones after 320bhp etc.............

Current spec includes: TD05 FE; HKS SSQV; Induction filter; HKS FCD; HKS EVC 5 Boost Controller; Knocklink/ Llambda link; Scoobysport back box; Samcos; whiteline suspension goodies including anti lift kit ARB's; strut brace including three point one fitted underneath. Few cosmetic touches would come off nice and easy like the mini scoop and sti rear lights as I know these are good sellers. Also have on route an Apexi FC with Commander that I dont think I'm going to fit so if you're after one let me know.................

Modifications have all been done by Jap Innovations. FSSH along with services by TSL and Jap Inn. Current mileage 80k with 17" speedlines and fully colour coded. 325mm Godspeed 4 pot brake conversion. Exceptional condition inside and out with 4 brand new Toyos and TSL geometry along with brand new AP clutch. Simply no expense spared. Any ideas on what I'd ask for the standard car price wise?

Apologies for the lengthy script. I'm just so undecided I dont know what to do.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Rob

Last edited by RLE; 01 September 2004 at 02:21 PM.
Old 01 September 2004, 03:21 PM
lem0ncurd
Scooby Regular

Sounds like you've spent a small fortune on it matey.

I think in general people prefer to buy a standard car. I know i'd be put off by a highly modded one and I'm not alone. When I sold my Evo VI recently, I put it back to standard and as well as being easier to sell, I actually got more for it as it was standard and then sold the other bits off for 2K extra!

Work out how much all the bits are worth secod hand, and those bits that you still have the original parts for, and do the sums mate.

You certainly are unlikely to recoup anything from the upgraded bits, or very little, by keeping them on the car.

LC
Old 01 September 2004, 03:37 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

A 97 P or R reg, probably looking at around £6500 for the P plate in std trim, probably warrent asking over 7k for it with the mods and at least the new owner would know what theyve bought rather than some1 thinking Ive bought a good clean std motor not knowing its been running mucho power for half its life....
Old 01 September 2004, 04:48 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys. I can see what your saying. That said the new turbo etc has only gone on a couple of months ago and its hardly like the cars led a stressed and thrashed life. Couldn't be further from the truth to be honest and with a bit of luck any local potential buyer would know its been cherished. Everything has been done professionally. Up until May i'd only had cosmetic and suspension mods.....power figures weren't my thing then I got a bit silly with what was spare cash at the time. House purchase has changed all that.

I'll chew on it a bit more.....the ironic thing is I fancy an Evo 6/7 next and am fearful I'll go down the exact same tuning route. Do we ever learn?
Old 01 September 2004, 08:26 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Smile

I would go the other way and leave the mods on when i brought my MY97 UK turbo i was given the option of leaving the few mods that were on it or talking them off to return to std for selling it at a cheaper price
Blitz zorst,
Dump Valve
18 OZ's
and sh!te loads of ICE

But these were mods i would have done anyway and it saved me a bucket load of cash towards more mods