Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had a race with an old dear in a Suzuki Alto 1.2 up the dual carriage way this morn

Search this Thread

Old 30 July 2004, 10:05 AM
zhastaph
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had a race with an old dear in a Suzuki Alto 1.2 up the dual carriage way this morn

Had a race with an old dear in a Suzuki Alto 1.2 this morning up the dual

You could tell she woz up for it as she pulled out of the inside lane into the empty outside lane right in front of me.

We're sat there at the red lights ...... waiting ...... baited breath. They turn amber, one of the cars on the inside made a jump start at this point (I expect he'll be disqualified), then green and it's GO GO GO.

I think she must've got bogged down as all the cars on the inside shot away yet she's barely started moving, then we're off, progress is slow yet consistent, 10 mph ..... 20 ..... 30 ...... 35 ...... 38 mph. By this point we're about halfway up the dual carriage way, and I'm thinking I've probably got the better of her, she definately seemed to be struggling to make any sort of gap between us, the inside lane is now totally clear, so I'm thinking about pulling an overtaking manoeuvre ..... 40mph ..... this would mean taking to the inside lane ....... 41 mph ......... I think back to the days when I read the "Dual Carriage Way Racers Handbook", and I distinctly remember seeing Article 47c "The outside lane overtaking rule" ............

So it looks like she won

Old 30 July 2004, 10:12 AM
WRXPete
Scooby Regular

Serves you right for street racing against a maniac in a top car...how reckless of you!!!
Old 30 July 2004, 10:18 AM
jason77
Scooby Regular

was it a lightly modded Alto?
Old 30 July 2004, 10:29 AM
zhastaph
Scooby Regular

Fookin old people, take the **** don't they

Just like feel like getting out of my car and bopping them on the head with one of those silly umbrella hat fings they wear

Old 30 July 2004, 10:30 AM
jason77
Scooby Regular

you probably could have walked up and done that whilst she was accellerating
Old 30 July 2004, 02:21 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

hang on, have i missed something? where you chasing this old bird in a scoob or on a push bike?
Old 30 July 2004, 02:57 PM
zhastaph
Scooby Regular

Nah, just venting my frustration at the fact that old people (and crap drivers in general) seem to think that it's normal behaviour to crawl up a 1/2 mile stretch of dual carriage way in the outside lane, even though the inside lane is empty, because they wanna turn right at the round about at the end
Old 30 July 2004, 03:12 PM
scooby L
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by zhastaph
Had a race with an old dear in a Suzuki Alto 1.2 this morning up the dual

You could tell she woz up for it as she pulled out of the inside lane into the empty outside lane right in front of me.

We're sat there at the red lights ...... waiting ...... baited breath. They turn amber, one of the cars on the inside made a jump start at this point (I expect he'll be disqualified), then green and it's GO GO GO.

I think she must've got bogged down as all the cars on the inside shot away yet she's barely started moving, then we're off, progress is slow yet consistent, 10 mph ..... 20 ..... 30 ...... 35 ...... 38 mph. By this point we're about halfway up the dual carriage way, and I'm thinking I've probably got the better of her, she definately seemed to be struggling to make any sort of gap between us, the inside lane is now totally clear, so I'm thinking about pulling an overtaking manoeuvre ..... 40mph ..... this would mean taking to the inside lane ....... 41 mph ......... I think back to the days when I read the "Dual Carriage Way Racers Handbook", and I distinctly remember seeing Article 47c "The outside lane overtaking rule" ............

So it looks like she won

ROFLMAO

Very funny mate (because we've all been there at some point, but usually my story includes a Mundeo undertaking everyone)

Kyle