Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm thinking of buying a new WRX...

Search this Thread

Old 27 July 2004, 12:28 PM
glync
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question I'm thinking of buying a new WRX...

but not sure if it would be better to by a European import or a UK car. The European imports from places such as virgin.com are around 16.5k instead of the UK list price of 20k. However I dont know how the European cars are covered under the 3 years warranty, servicing etc in the UK.

I currenly own a Jap Impreza (MY01) and always get problems when taking it down to the local Subaru dealer for servicing etc. I wondered if the European imports are different to the Japanese ones thus no probelms with the warranty etc.

Any advice on the best place etc on getting a new scoob would be great... I do fancy the idea of a brand new one for 16.5k + road fund! Sounds like a good deal.

Cheers Glyn
Old 27 July 2004, 12:30 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

http://www.litimports.co.uk
Old 27 July 2004, 12:44 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Question Close call.

3 year warranty (although you have to register with SUK) and no problems with servicing.

Add to that price: locking wheel nuts, 1000 mile service and Cat 1 alarm (total = £500). AIUI UK cars can be negotiated down to about £18.5k. So the price difference is not so great these days as it used to be. That's why companies like Keyring have stopped trading.

Also if you plan to trade in within 3 years then the lower purchase price will be reflected in the value offered

Exchange rate changes, uncertain delivery date, less opportunity for trade in, large deposit, are all additional reasons weighing in favour of UK cars.

HTH, happy Belgian import owner